Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

I know our defending was crap for both goals, and so he cant be completely blamed, but my word, having seen the goals back, Ward was shockingly poor too. I know the first goal was hit hard, but he's actually hit it straight at Ward, and Ward has palmed it into the top corner. Plenty of keepers push that over the bar in my opinion, and the second goal he basically jumps over the ball.  I maintain what I have been saying for weeks, Ward is a competition winner, who's prize was a career in professional football as a goalkeeper. I have honestly seen better keepers playing on the park!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I know our defending was crap for both goals, and so he cant be completely blamed, but my word, having seen the goals back, Ward was shockingly poor too. I know the first goal was hit hard, but he's actually hit it straight at Ward, and Ward has palmed it into the top corner. Plenty of keepers push that over the bar in my opinion, and the second goal he basically jumps over the ball.  I maintain what I have been saying for weeks, Ward is a competition winner, who's prize was a career in professional football as a goalkeeper. I have honestly seen better keepers playing on the park!

Ward and Amartey are a combination for utter disaster 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Conrad Logan with yet another clean sheet today for Anstey Nomads. He can still make saves that he shouldn’t make. He commands his box and he vocally manages his defence. Wardy doesn’t do any of this. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Genuinely don't know what else he can do with this mickey mouse defence in front of him.

Our defence is awful, as in, truly terrible. Evans was over the hill a couple of seasons ago, Amartey I'm not even sure is Championship standard and Faes must be thinking he's the luckiest bloke alive playing in the Premiership.

Ward is rubbish too, but it's not like he's being helped by the defence is it?

It shows just how good Kasper actually was. There were so many times over the past year or two when he'd pull off a brilliant save to keep our goals conceded from becoming even more.

I think our defence currently is the worst in the division and the worst we've had in years

50 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What an absolute bum, fastly becoming my most hated Leicester player. Rodgers is Peter Taylor and Danny Ward is Junior Lewis.

I was somewhat criticised for comparing our current predicament with Taylor's regime a month or so ago.  It's got a similar feel to it, there's no doubt about it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Genuinely don't know what else he can do with this mickey mouse defence in front of him.

He can still do plenty, this attitude is a massive cop out. The defence is shite, but a PL standard goalkeeper would’ve saved both goals today and we’d still have 3pts despite the horrendous defending.

Ward has already cost us 4-6pts in comparison to if we’d had a bog standard PL goalkeeper (like an Alex McCarthy or someone) in and will cost us 15-20pts this season if we keep playing him, regardless of how shit our defending is.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Our defence is awful, as in, truly terrible. Evans was over the hill a couple of seasons ago, Amartey I'm not even sure is Championship standard and Faes must be thinking he's the luckiest bloke alive playing in the Premiership.

It shows just how good Kasper actually was. There were so many times over the past year or two when he'd pull off a brilliant save to keep our goals conceded from becoming even more.

I think our defence currently is the worst in the division and the worst we've had in years

Perhaps try and stop the ball going in the net when it’s kicked straight at him would be a start. Yeah the defence is abhorrent at the minute but any half decent keeper has a better save percentage than 50% ffs

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You can easily spin this the otherway though, imagine playing in front of Ward with how poor he's been as well. They must be so nervous of actually letting anyone have a half decent chance. But actually it's a collective issue, he's part of the unit and is as culpable as any of the others 

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Big statement here but I think he may actually be even worse than Ben Hamer....and I don't say that lightly because Hamer was barely a goalkeeper.

Thing is Hamer actually came in and kept a couple of clean sheets. I remember him pulling off 2 or 3 great saves and keeping a cs against Stoke in our first win back in the prem and then a cs against Villa around Christmas time. Think he made 3 or 4 cs when deputising for Schmeichel, I bet ward wouldn’t make 4 clean sheets over the course of a season, Hamer was honking but he’s like Oliver Khan compared to ward