Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

23 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

i know our defence was terrible today but i cant help thinking a semi decent keeper would have stopped one of those or even both them,

When you have a terrible defence plus a terrible keeper you cant help feeling you are pretty much doomed

There were at least 4 occasions today where one of the defenders pointed their finger to their ears looking in his direction. A sort of talk to me gesture. 

It’s happened a few times this season. The defenders have been atrocious. However, he certainly doesn’t command them as a PL GK should

7 hours ago, WinslowFox said:

He's going to have 1 good game this year

29th November he will look like a prime Buffon

Which is ironic coz 100% of the time he looks like a prime buffoon

29th October he’s going up against Haaland mate. True horror show in time for Halloween. Don’t think I can watch that one unless we change keepers.

1 minute ago, Mike1983 said:

If not Iversen then I’d give Westergaard a try, surely he can’t do any worse - and he’s got the height!

What’s happened to Alex Smithies? I haven’t seen him at all. Did we sign him and send him straight on loan and I missed the announcement?

Edited by phoneticerror

33 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

He will not drop ward. No chance.

That involves an element of looking inward for Brendan. 

It's possible Ward maybe the very last to be dropped. 

The manager's psychology appears to be to entrench himself in a position. 

His persistence with Ward i could almost understand. But add that stubbornness alongside his borderline hatred towards Castagne,  Praet, Cags, Perez (bizarrely - as he was a former golden boy), Choudhury, Mendy and Kels ...it's the stuff of personality disorder. 

I seriously wonder if the guy is well and/or is having a breakdown. 

• Like 1

I'm checking in, not to defend Ward nor to criticise him, but merely to say that on the scale of things, his limitations aren't our biggest concern at the moment. I'd be ****ing chuffed to little mint balls to only have Ward to complain about.

Edited by taupe

49 minutes ago, taupe said:

I'm checking in, not to defend Ward nor to criticise him, but merely to say that on the scale of things, his limitations aren't our biggest concern at the moment. I'd be ****ing chuffed to little mint balls to only have Ward to complain about.

He absolutely are amongst the biggest concerns right now though. A half decent keeper and we’d probably be about 14th now, not great still, but not the spiralling disaster we’re currently in.

Can’t believe people constantly try and talk down how many points he keeps actively costing us and just what a monumental problem he is for us right now by saying “oh well, he’s not one of our big problem really”

He’ll cost us 15-20pts this season - that is a monumentally big concern.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

What’s happened to Alex Smithies? I haven’t seen him at all. Did we sign him and send him straight on loan and I missed the announcement?

Im sure Wayne Hennessey would perform for better than Ward in Lei city. 

Smoothie  was bought as a no3 gk…

42 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He absolutely are amongst the biggest concerns right now though. A half decent keeper and we’d probably be about 14th now, not great still, but not the spiralling disaster we’re currently in.

Can’t believe people constantly try and talk down how many points he keeps actively costing us and just what a monumental problem he is for us right now by saying “oh well, he’s not one of our big problem really”

He’ll cost us 15-20pts this season - that is a monumentally big concern.

He is one of the biggest problems, alongside Brendon. replace him with a goalkeeper who is  more vocal and has a better organisation of the backline and Lei would comfortably be at the mid table

• Like 1