Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Looked a complete bomb scare a few times but that save was half decent, really thought he'd spooned it up in to the corner of the net so that was a bonus he didn't.

It really wasn’t. It was the right height with little pace on it. Any professional or semi-professional keeper would consider it a disaster not to make that save.

Really can’t believe someone genuinely posted “people have made up their minds, they don’t want to give credit” because he made one save that’s as routine as they come at any professional or semi-professional level. It’s like ragging on people for writing off Josh Low after he makes a simple 5 yard pass to an unmarked player in space.

• Like 1

I thought it was a decent save from Edouard and there was also one in the first half from Eze over the bar that I thought at the time he got a slight touch on and can confirm he did after watching the "highlights". He's still a horrific goalkeeper but fair enough, in those two instances he didn't look like a competition winner.

3 hours ago, Guest said:

I thought it was a decent save from Edouard and there was also one in the first half from Eze over the bar that I thought at the time he got a slight touch on and can confirm he did after watching the "highlights". He's still a horrific goalkeeper but fair enough, in those two instances he didn't look like a competition winner.

He didnt, it was a goal kick. I watched the highlights 

3 hours ago, Sampson said:

It really wasn’t. It was the right height with little pace on it. Any professional or semi-professional keeper would consider it a disaster not to make that save.

Really can’t believe someone genuinely posted “people have made up their minds, they don’t want to give credit” because he made one save that’s as routine as they come at any professional or semi-professional level. It’s like ragging on people for writing off Josh Low after he makes a simple 5 yard pass to an unmarked player in space.

Ward making an easy save, faced 1 shot in the whole match> ward is great! He should start in the world cup! LMAO 

8 hours ago, Unabomber said:

He doesn’t look too bad when he doesn’t have to face any shots 

He kept a CS against the worst side of the league in Forest, who cannot even score a penalty (Brennan Johnson) and hit the target in 1 on 1 (Awoniyi), and a side who basically stayed at the back for the whole match looking for 1 point away from home. 0-0 is what they were looking for, and Ward who was leisure couldnt take advantage of it and start offence for Foxes unlike Kasper.

And dropped 3 goals against Bournemouth, 2 goals against Soton/Brentford, 4 goals against Arsenal, 6 goals against Spurs, Imagine how many goals will he drop against Man City 2 weeks later. 

23 minutes ago, francis39 said:

He kept a CS against the worst side of the league in Forest, who cannot even score a penalty (Brennan Johnson) and hit the target in 1 on 1 (Awoniyi), and a side who basically stayed at the back for the whole match looking for 1 point away from home. 0-0 is what they were looking for, and Ward who was leisure couldnt take advantage of it and start offence for Foxes unlike Kasper.

And dropped 3 goals against Bournemouth, 2 goals against Soton/Brentford, 4 goals against Arsenal, 6 goals against Spurs, Imagine how many goals will he drop against Man City 2 weeks later. 

If you’re going to just list goals against them at least get it right (Bournemouth) 

he had an easy ride yesterday- made one decent save 

16 hours ago, Mike1983 said:

I don’t know why his positioning is so off, I’ve noticed this every game now. Even in non-dangerous situations he’s tilting to the right - someone needs to make a video compilation of this.

Ward did okay in the game.   I still don't believe he's good enough though.

He will concede more dodgy goals.

In the second half, from a Palace cross, he was all over the place.   He came, he retreated, he stood still and looked a little lost three years off his line and a couple of yards off any players, as a Palace player headed over the bar.  He is worrying in possession.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, majaco said:

Ward did okay in the game.   I still don't believe he's good enough though.

He will concede more dodgy goals.

In the second half, from a Palace cross, he was all over the place.   He came, he retreated, he stood still and looked a little lost three years off his line and a couple of yards off any players, as a Palace player headed over the bar.  He is worrying in possession.

He always comes out, and retreat, and comes out when facing one on one LOL

For some goalkeepers they will recover with increasing confidence. For Ward, he wont, because it is not has confidence but his skill and ability that he is lacking

3 hours ago, MalletFox said:

2 clean sheets in successive home games, let’s have another one on Thursday and nick a goal please …

Losing total 3 goals in 3 matches against 2 promotion teams, and a team which played very badly and had only 1 shot on shot  

was dissatisfying indeed. Nothing to be proud of. If we wanna survive we cannot afford to drop 2 points in a home match against a poor team like yesterday. 

Given that we aren't too far off the break for the World Cup  now, and there is no sign of Ward being dropped, I expect that he is going to be given the shirt regardless of his performances, until January, when I expect we will be making a new Keeper a priority, and Iversen, league Cup games aside, will have been given no chance to prove himself, despite Ward being generally useless. It's shocking really. Especially when you consider he has played more first team football in the last 18 months than Ward in his career, and had been voted Prestons player and fans player of the season last season. The fact he had 3 Championship clubs wanting to sign him in the summer, shows he must have something about him, but I doubt we will ever get the chance to really see it here, apart from the upcoming Newport game. Likelihood is, we bring a new Keeper in, in January, Ward goes back to the bench, and Iversen is sold, either in January or next summer, to off set some of the fee and wages for the new Keeper.  Was Iversen the answer in goal, I've no idea, we haven't had the chance to judge, but one thing I am sure of, is he would not have been worse than Ward.