Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

Nice to see a keeper catching corners rather than scurrying into the back of his net lol

He's clearly not the answer though. He did what you'd expect any competent league one keeper to do tonight. 

It'll do his confidence the world of good though. It's not his fault the manager made a throwaway comment and now has to stick with it for fear of admitting he was talking rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

Ward has had a lot of criticism but the guy probably hasn't played 11 games in the last 4 years, let alone a season, it's started very shaky, with a leaky defence in front of him, 3 clean sheets in the last four, he looked visibly more confident tonight, let's hope this is the turning point. 

I think it’s more because of the fixtures.

V much easier in the last few matches.

4 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Confident tonight. I think confidence might have played a big factor in his recent performances, than and now real game time. He’s not the answer, but he was good tonight. 

Yes he had played well tonight. 

But it can be attributed to the run of fixtures against the bottom teams (W 20th, L 9th, D 14th and W 17th) . We are going to play 4 tough matches in the next 4 rounds though.

(3 Away matches against Wolves, Everton, WHU , and vs Man city at home). 

3 minutes ago, francis39 said:

But it can be attributed to the run of fixtures against the bottom teams (W 20th, L 9th, D 14th and W 17th) . We are going to play 4 tough matches in the next 4 rounds though.

He isnt the answer but all I care about is staying up. We need Danny to perform against the other bottom sides and he has recently, so fair play to him.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, francis39 said:

I’m no fan of Ward at all, but I’m not sure how you can discredit his performance by mentioning who we come up against next or who we played recently, I’m talking about tonight. He was good, no doubt about it. Fair play to him. 

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I’m no fan of Ward at all, but I’m not sure how you can discredit his performance by mentioning who we come up against next or who we played recently, I’m talking about tonight. He was good, no doubt about it. Fair play to him. 

Yes. He played well tonight, but i still dont think he is good enough in the long run. 

And I dont think he will start in the WC neither—Wayne Hennessey was the hero in the playoffs and started the final 2 matches before the WC and there will not be another international match before the WC. So he wont even have a chance to impress Rob Page through a friendly match.

1 minute ago, francis39 said:

Yes. He played well tonight, but i still dont think he is good enough in the long run. 

And I dont think he will start in the WC neither—Wayne Hennessey was the hero in the playoffs and started the final 2 matches before the WC and there will not be another international match before the WC. So he wont even have a chance to impress Rob Page through a friendly match.

I’m not disagreeing with anything you’ve said there. We need a proper No1. Right now we have Ward between the sticks. This evening was better than I’ve seen of him recently and I’ll give credit where it’s due.

3 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Maybe there were the basics, but he did them. He looked like a goalkeeper tonight, not an imposter. That’s progress :ph34r:

I would say he was unlucky earlier in the season facing so many strong teams, while being luckily facing so many weak teams (at home) recently. Once he doesnt play at home (vs Bournemouth) he and the backline struggled. So let’s see how they do in the upcoming tough fixtures. We have to face Man City at home, and we have never won a point away from home this season but we need to play  3 upcoming matches away from home apart from at home vs MC! 

• Like 1

Just now, Leeds Fox said:

I’m not disagreeing with anything you’ve said there. We need a proper No1. Right now we have Ward between the sticks. This evening was better than I’ve seen of him recently and I’ll give credit where it’s due.

Im just emphasizing that why would people praise him like he is going to be a no.1 GK in the world cup when he does decent—- a goalkeeper has to play well all the time. Making errors even in 2/10 matches isnt enough, let alone he makes mistakes in half of the matches. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Nice to see a keeper catching corners rather than scurrying into the back of his net lol

He's clearly not the answer though. He did what you'd expect any competent league one keeper to do tonight. 

It'll do his confidence the world of good though. It's not his fault the manager made a throwaway comment and now has to stick with it for fear of admitting he was talking rubbish.

He was voted motm by the premier league tonight..

9 minutes ago, MPH said:

actually came and got some crosses which is worth a knighthood for me!

Lol your expectation 😂😂

That Hennessey is above Ward in Wales’ pecking order tells everything, though hennessey’s performance against Ukraine deserves a starting berth until he retires for me.