Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

2 hours ago, eblair said:

Looked better and less bomb scare. But still very unconvinced, save he did make he still did his stupid guess and jump to near post which has made him look a Wally so many times before 

That he did nth wrong in 1/3 of the times and was awful in 2/3 doesnt make him a good GK. He has to be fine 9/10 of the time. 

even Rob Page decided not to play him at all in National league, effectively establishing Hennessey’s position as no.1 GK in WC

I think people have underplayed how much playing behind a bombscare defence in his first full season as a number 1 will have effected him. Now its settling down his confidence will grow. Is he a top level keeper up there with the best? No. Is competent and capable of being our keeper for at least this season. Yes.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I think people have underplayed how much playing behind a bombscare defence in his first full season as a number 1 will have effected him. Now its settling down his confidence will grow. Is he a top level keeper up there with the best? No. Is competent and capable of being our keeper for at least this season. Yes.

It hasn’t been underplayed, we know our defense is shit. But scroll through this thread and you’ll see that he has the highest underperformance rate in the PL, i.e goals against / expected saves - around 25-40% underperformance depending on which stat you look at.

Yesterday was his best game for us, and I thought for the first time that his positioning looked natural.

2 hours ago, francis39 said:

That he did nth wrong in 1/3 of the times and was awful in 2/3 doesnt make him a good GK. He has to be fine 9/10 of the time. 

even Rob Page decided not to play him at all in National league, effectively establishing Hennessey’s position as no.1 GK in WC

Why do you keep banging on about Rob Page, Hennessy and Wales . Couldn’t give a stuff about any of those it’s what he does for us that counts and he was good last night . By your reasoning Madders is crap because Southgate picks Mount or Grealish instead of him . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike1983 said:

It hasn’t been underplayed, we know our defense is shit. But scroll through this thread and you’ll see that he has the highest underperformance rate in the PL, i.e goals against / expected saves - around 25-40% underperformance depending on which stat you look at.

Yesterday was his best game for us, and I thought for the first time that his positioning looked natural.

Well it has been underplayed. Stats can show you one thing, they can't tell you what Ward is feeling as he walks onto the pitch and thinks about the game ahead. They can't tell you the doubts and worries that go through his head everytime there's a corner and our defence lose their man or every time Ndidi gets caught on the ball just outside the box or we get caught out by playing a highline and he totally exposed. Had he had something more solid in front of him to start with I'm sure his start would be better purely due to him being more confident. That's not to say he'd be top of those stat tables, but I'm sure he'd have better numbers.

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

Why do you keep banging on about Rob Page, Hennessy and Wales . Couldn’t give a stuff about any of those it’s what he does for us that counts and he was good last night . By your reasoning Madders is crap because Southgate picks Mount or Grealish instead of him . 

because someones keep saying ward is a wales international so he is good 

I was thinking about this last night and it’s similar to the Amartey situation,  both players play for our club, it’s not their fault they are limited and not deemed the level us supporters wish to see representing our club at part of the starting XI, it’s also not there fault the manager has made and continues to make selection decisions that frustrate us fans. 

I can’t speak for everyone but I know in my own view that Ward and Amartey have become scapegoats, almost figures who represent the anger and frustration us fans have with Rodgers. I don’t want any Leicester player to fail and actually I was delighted for both players who have contributed to 2 clean sheets in a row and let’s hope this extended run and upturn in form will see renewed confidence for both players. 

• Like 3

Thing is though, let’s say we stay up and we have a great opportunity to refresh this squad with the amount out of contract next year… surely we buy a first class goalkeeper and not build the team around this bum? 

29 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I was thinking about this last night and it’s similar to the Amartey situation,  both players play for our club, it’s not their fault they are limited and not deemed the level us supporters wish to see representing our club at part of the starting XI, it’s also not there fault the manager has made and continues to make selection decisions that frustrate us fans. 

I can’t speak for everyone but I know in my own view that Ward and Amartey have become scapegoats, almost figures who represent the anger and frustration us fans have with Rodgers. I don’t want any Leicester player to fail and actually I was delighted for both players who have contributed to 2 clean sheets in a row and let’s hope this extended run and upturn in form will see renewed confidence for both players. 

I hope we can get 2 points in the next 4😅

32 minutes ago, KFS said:

Thing is though, let’s say we stay up and we have a great opportunity to refresh this squad with the amount out of contract next year… surely we buy a first class goalkeeper and not build the team around this bum? 

He was solid last night and he is not a bum. You don’t build a team around a goalkeeper but I do agree we should buy a better keeper next year if the right deal is available. High on the priority list along with another central defender and proper right winger. Maddison and Tielemans may leave and contracts ending so we will have a busy time on the transfer front whether or not we play in the same league. 

2 hours ago, KFS said:

Hate this kind of language about the players. Yes he's earning a handsome wage for playing football, but he's also trying his best to perform to the top of his ability. He didn't choose to let Schmeichel go and make himself number 1, even though I'm sure he desired it. He's certainly not a "bum", he's a player for the team you supposedly support. Save your anger and frustration for the manager or the players who genuinely are "bums" ans put little effort in.

22 hours ago, KFS said:

Daddy chill 

On 21/10/2022 at 21:43, Facecloth said:

Hate this kind of language about the players. Yes he's earning a handsome wage for playing football, but he's also trying his best to perform to the top of his ability. He didn't choose to let Schmeichel go and make himself number 1, even though I'm sure he desired it. He's certainly not a "bum", he's a player for the team you supposedly support. Save your anger and frustration for the manager or the players who genuinely are "bums" ans put little effort in.

lets save our energy and support the manager then