Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

On 21/10/2022 at 11:42, KFS said:

Thing is though, let’s say we stay up and we have a great opportunity to refresh this squad with the amount out of contract next year… surely we buy a first class goalkeeper and not build the team around this bum? 

Depends how well he does the rest of the season, maybe Iverson gets a look in, it's too far away to say that either couldn't improve to the level required in August when we are in October, just like how performance levels can deteriorate they can also improve.

15 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Starting to show signs of improvement isn’t he?

15 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Have a feeling that he's a 'confidence player'.

Once he doesn't have much, he struggles.

Just shows how important our role is here. I get that we have the right to show our frustrations but at the end of the day those players on the pitch are only human. 

He’s definitely improved his decision making but for me his weakness is shot stopping. He’s barely had to make a save in the past 2 games so that aspect of his game hasn’t been tested. I worry particularly with any shot from range where he has to dive. Got a long range expert against him today in Neves.😬

40 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

He’s definitely improved his decision making but for me his weakness is shot stopping. He’s barely had to make a save in the past 2 games so that aspect of his game hasn’t been tested. I worry particularly with any shot from range where he has to dive. Got a long range expert against him today in Neves.😬

Nominated twice in 3 months for save of the month. Saved a point blank shot v Leeds. Yeah OK lol

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Nominated twice in 3 months for save of the month. Saved a point blank shot v Leeds. Yeah OK lol

‘Point blank’ against Leeds, from that distance? Yeh ok. A point blank save is like the one Kepa made against Villa last week. Ward’s was further out and was always a tight angle to get past him. I’ll give Ward credit tho, the save he’s just made against Podence was a good save with strong hands. 

19 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Have a feeling that he's a 'confidence player'.

Once he doesn't have much, he struggles.

I think this is true for most players. Certainly applies in Ward's case. 

He also missed pre season. I know it's a little different for keepers being match fit, so to speak, but without a pre season he must've lacked a bit of sharpness which would've been a factor in his performance too. 

2 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

I think this is true for most players. Certainly applies in Ward's case. 

He also missed pre season. I know it's a little different for keepers being match fit, so to speak, but without a pre season he must've lacked a bit of sharpness which would've been a factor in his performance too. 

When you look at how well Hennessey who replaced Ward played against Ukraine you match fitness doesnt matter for GKs

Edited by francis39