Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

3 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

After 7 games Leicester had conceded the most goals in Premier League history. After 12 games Leicester have the joint 2nd highest number of clean sheets this season. Might need to read that twice.

What a stat! lol 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, francis39 said:

Showing that he is not a great goalkeeper, who is capable of keeping a CS when the backline is awful, like Dean Henderson

He’s kept three clean sheets on the bounce and been dominant in the air from set pieces. It’s a step in the right direction. Give him some credit.

Edited by buzzer_b
  • Like 1

Looked good today, I’ve definitely been one of those criticising him on here, justifiably I think based on the majority of games he’s played this season. Week by week though that ‘majority’ is reducing and he’s starting to put credit in the bank. I think that Podence save was excellent and Kasper-esque. Looked confident with most of the corners and was decisive when he needed to come out and clear. Keep it up Wardy. 

13 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

After 7 games Leicester had conceded the most goals in Premier League history. After 12 games Leicester have the joint 2nd highest number of clean sheets this season. Might need to read that twice.

The Faes effect. 

• Like 1

He was rightly slammed on here for his early-season performances and was lucky to keep his place, but, like Faes, his response to the Bournemouth debacle has been superb.

He is not as good a shot stopper as Kasper - who is? - but he’s a damned sight more dominant in the air, especially at set pieces. And his kicking is less worrisome too. Fair play to Rodgers for sticking with him, because he appears to be growing in confidence with every game. If he makes it four straight clean sheets against Haaland and co next week, hero status beckons!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

He’s kept three clean sheets on the bounce and been dominant in the air from set pieces. It’s a step in the right direction. Give him some credit.

I will give him credit if he can save multiple shots on target against a strong team.

The sides we played recently r too poor.

10 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

He is pretty good for Wales, all he needed was a defence in front of him.

still, he has been dropped by rob page and has only played 2x45mins this year for wales (hennessey 645 mins, adam davies 90 mins as well.)

And you know what, it is hennessey who saved wales' world cup dream.

• Haha 1

These are improved performances, that mean this weak point in the team becomes less of an urgent priority to fix. Nonetheless it should still be a priority. I still maintain his performances have been nearly on par with Ricardo and Kirkland, with Hamer ranking above. Even Conrad Logan.

He isn't a top clas goalkeeper and I've been fiercely critical along with 99% of others. 

But at the games themselves most fans have backed him and hopefully he's recognised that.

I'm.delighted for him. Two delicious big catches in the second half under pressure. Some decent calls too to leave  balls running safely away. I remain unconvinced but Everyone backs an underdog. Keep it up fella. 

29 minutes ago, HoChiMinhFOX said:

Christ, can he not get praised on merit for his performances of late too? So negative after he's had his (arguably) best game in a Leicester shirt...

we shd cut him some slacks for his poor performance earlier in the season against strong teams but also have reservations on his performance against weak teams