Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

Think some folk think hes the Messiah...

According to some he’s the biggest goalie in the village.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the same person thought Ian Watkins should be let off because he was in one of the biggest bands to come out of the valleys. :ph34r:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Raj said:

Okay LOADS of them have but hes happy playing second fiddle all his career.

Is that better for you??

Seriously  in this age we would know if anyone comes in for anyone, this is 2022, not 1972!!!

Wolves transfer news: Many clubs have enquired about Danny Ward

Tom Procter

Many clubs are said to have enquired about the availability of Danny Ward, following recently reported interest from Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The goalkeeper had three fantastic group stage outings at Euro 2020 with Wales.

He made a string of fine saves, helping his side reach the last 16 where they ultimately came undone against Denmark.

Ward is yet to make his debut for Leicester City after signing for the Foxes in 2018.

That is due to the quality and consistency of Kasper Schmeichel.

Although Leicester believe Ward is happy, the club have been ‘inundated’ with enquiries about him and may consider selling for an offer of £15 million.

Maybe a bid was never received or rejected because he wasn't available for transfer.

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Wolves transfer news: Many clubs have enquired about Danny Ward

Tom Procter

Many clubs are said to have enquired about the availability of Danny Ward, following recently reported interest from Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The goalkeeper had three fantastic group stage outings at Euro 2020 with Wales.

He made a string of fine saves, helping his side reach the last 16 where they ultimately came undone against Denmark.

Ward is yet to make his debut for Leicester City after signing for the Foxes in 2018.

That is due to the quality and consistency of Kasper Schmeichel.

Although Leicester believe Ward is happy, the club have been ‘inundated’ with enquiries about him and may consider selling for an offer of £15 million.

Maybe a bid was never received or rejected because he wasn't available for transfer.

Took you that long to google and copy and paste all that just for this thread, Jees Cmon,relax it embarrassing  now.

Hes sh1t for us,

End of.

Edited by Raj

6 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Bit heated for a reserve keeper thread. 

It's all a touch ridiculous for a reserve keeper thread !!

At least it's not getting messed up with people quoting actual facts !!

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Raj said:

Took you that long to google and copy and paste all that just for this thread, Jees Cmon,relax.

Hes sh1t for us,

End of.

He was pretty good today. I was told he didn't want to leave here last summer and had plenty of offers. What's Ward done to upset you?

Big day on the booze?

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

Took you that long to google and copy and paste all that just for this thread, Jees Cmon,relax it embarrassing  now.

Hes sh1t for us,

End of.

Just to show what complete shite your spouting 

“If clubs  saw anything in him, especially  after his so called epic performances  for Wales wouldnt they be looking to sign him up?”

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Or maybe apply a little logic and reserve judgment until he gets a few continual starts 

Lol...Serously!!!

Man I give up on this thread!!!

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Raj said:

Lol...Serously!!!

Man I give up on this thread!!!

I would yeah because you're not making a great deal of sense.

26 minutes ago, Raj said:

Okay LOADS of them have but hes happy playing second fiddle all his career.

Is that better for you??

Seriously  in this age we would know if anyone comes in for anyone, this is 2022, not 1972!!!

you realise they have to make us an offer right? he can't just up and leave and we would no doubt want most of our money back

I like Ward from the bits I've seen of him. I shake my head at what we spent on him but I think there's a solid PL keeper there and it must be a dilemma for him to go and try and be 1st choice somewhere else or get paid very well for being back up and playing only a few games a season.

He's a quality shot stopper but I'm still not 100% on him being anymore commanding than Kasper is and that's a huge issue for us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I like Ward from the bits I've seen of him. I shake my head at what we spent on him but I think there's a solid PL keeper there and it must be a dilemma for him to go and try and be 1st choice somewhere else or get paid very well for being back up and playing only a few games a season.

He's a quality shot stopper but I'm still not 100% on him being anymore commanding than Kasper is and that's a huge issue for us.

Hes got 3 inches on Kasper and a similar sized gut, makes a big difference.

Schmeichel is the best 1 on 1 goalkeeper in the league. The guy cleans up about 3/4's of those situations and unlike Ederson doesn't cause brain haemorages. If we paly a high line like we should be doing now we have some decent defenders back we should be keeping him.

• 2 months later...

With the Kasper news coming out, I thought I’d give the Ward thread a bit of a bump.

First of all, does anyone know the extent of his injury? Will he even be fit for the start of the season?

Secondly, I think he’s proved himself to be a decent keeper in his time here, the Forest game last season, was possibly his only dodgy game for us. He was also outstanding for Wales in the Euros and will be looking to impress ahead of the World Cup.

So could he be our new number 1? Who do we think is the better keeper Ward or Iversen.

Iversen made that mistake against OHL - I don’t even think it was as bad as it looked and in a competitive game, I feel he would have cleaned up the ball and the striker. 
He was great at Preston and I feel if we had just bought him from Preston on the back of his last two seasons their we’d all be quite excited.

I wouldn’t be against starting the season with these two fighting it out for the number one spot and spending any money on the RW spot.

• Like 2

My instant thought was surely it's Danny's time now. Rodgers has forever insisted we've got two number ones here and when one is finally departing, it seems the obvious choice.

Big factor will be the extent to his injury of course. But with Iversen touted as another potential successor, why not let him start the season and prove his worth?

For being supposedly skint this season, it just feels like such an avoidable expense

Edited by TK95
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TK95 said:

My instant thought was surely it's Danny's time now. Rodgers has forever insisted we've got two number ones here and when one is finally departing, it seems the obvious choice.

Big factor will be the extent to his injury of course. But with Iversen touted as another potential successor, why not let him start the season and prove his worth?

For being supposedly skint this season, I just feel llike such an avoidable expense

If it isn't then I'm not sure why we paid so much for him or kept him all this time.

• Like 4