Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

23 hours ago, lcfcfoz said:

Joint top now in premier league with 6 clean sheets. And wales won't pick him

I don't know why most on here think Hennessey will picked ahead of Ward. He had a couple of 'mares in the Nations Cup (and I think only picked in that tinpot Tournament as a thanks for long service) and (most importantly) has hardly had a full League game in the last couple of years (just warming the bench at Forest). Ward is a regular PL starter and now really looking the business. 

At the very least, I think Page will give both a start in the WC Group games. 

Edited by Outfox the Fox

On 13/11/2022 at 16:36, Outfox the Fox said:

I don't know why most on here think Hennessey will picked ahead of Ward. He had a couple of 'mares in the Nations Cup (and I think only picked in that tinpot Tournament as a thanks for long service) and (most importantly) has hardly had a full League game in the last couple of years (just warming the bench at Forest). Ward is a regular PL starter and now really looking the business. 

At the very least, I think Page will give both a start in the WC Group games. 

I agree with that OtF, in the videos of the Welsh squad training today, their (probable) first choice defence was playing, with Danny Ward in goal, against a forward line of decidedly back up forwards. That smacks to me of them working up defensive strategies for Group games, WITH Ward in.

You have to wonder if the only reason his first half a dozen games were bad was because of a mixture of not playing any games in god knows how long, nerves, and probably an eagerness to hit the ground running.  

He's settled now, has a better understanding of the defence in front of him and he's all the better for it.

I'll get shot down for saying it, but I don't think we need to replace him anytime soon now he's getting a long run of games.

Edited by kristianity77

46 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

I agree with that OtF, in the videos of the Welsh squad training today, their (probable) first choice defence was playing, with Danny Ward in goal, against a forward line of decidedly back up forwards. That smacks to me of them working up defensive strategies for Group games, WITH Ward in.

Funny how things have changed so quick. He's absolutely one of us now... kinda an underdog story who's won over the sceptics ....I'll be absolutely rooting for him.should he play for the taffs. And won't bat an eyelid at Kapser for Denmark (tho, I never really did tbf. Can't stand the scandis.. largely a conceited, arrogant, self congratulatory people..Hard to like) 

35 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

You have to wonder if the only reason his first half a dozen games were bad was because of a mixture of not playing any games in god knows how long, nerves, and probably an eagerness to hit the ground running.  

He's settled now, has a better understanding of the defence in front of him and he's all the better for it.

I'll get shot down for saying it, but I don't think we need to replace him anytime soon now he's getting a long run of games.

Had also been injured so possibly not fully fit as well