Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Funny how things have changed so quick. He's absolutely one of us now... kinda an underdog story who's won over the sceptics ....I'll be absolutely rooting for him.should he play for the taffs. And won't bat an eyelid at Kapser for Denmark (tho, I never really did tbf. Can't stand the scandis.. largely a conceited, arrogant, self congratulatory people..Hard to like) 

I assume you don't have ANYTHING in your house from Ikea? Not even a candle.

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Apart from endless sunlight, Bjorn Borg, the fjords, the northern lights, Arnar Gunlaugsson...

Yeah granted they've given us all that, and Ikea, and pickled herrings, but other than that, what have the Scandinavians ever done for us?

28 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Funny how things have changed so quick. He's absolutely one of us now... kinda an underdog story who's won over the sceptics ....I'll be absolutely rooting for him.should he play for the taffs. And won't bat an eyelid at Kapser for Denmark (tho, I never really did tbf. Can't stand the scandis.. largely a conceited, arrogant, self congratulatory people..Hard to like) 

funnily enough one of the best places I have visited is Denmark. A wonderful country with very friendly people. a Health care service to be admired and copied, a clean country, nice food.. I like everything about the Danish people.

2 hours ago, shade said:

Yeah granted they've given us all that, and Ikea, and pickled herrings, but other than that, what have the Scandinavians ever done for us?

Well, it's not roads. Or sanitation...

Sandi Toksvig, maybe?

Crap bacon?

Edited by Parafox

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Sounds like the Schmeichel family is informing your view on the whole of Scandinavia 😂

Always thought they were known for the exact opposite of that description.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wayne Hennessey: Wales number one keeper spot 'up for grabs' - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63676841

Hennessey admits that him and DW are battling it out for the place in the starting lineup. It sounds like both will get one run out and the third game will be a toss up, based on how each does.

Edited by bald reynard

On 15/11/2022 at 18:26, Parafox said:

I assume you don't have ANYTHING in your house from Ikea? Not even a candle.

I don't.

On 15/11/2022 at 18:30, shade said:

what have the Scandinavians ever given us?

Pontus Kaamark; his skills brought more joy than any Swedish furniture (although I have not any!)

Coming back to original thread: Ward is showing his form from earlier years particularly when he played for Wales. Rodgers did well to stick with him; whilst I thought Rodgers should stay, I did think Iversen should have started when Ward was making mistakes. I would see no reason for buying another goalkeeper as has been speculated given limited funds w have.

• Like 1

On 16/11/2022 at 01:32, bald reynard said:

I agree with that OtF, in the videos of the Welsh squad training today, their (probable) first choice defence was playing, with Danny Ward in goal, against a forward line of decidedly back up forwards. That smacks to me of them working up defensive strategies for Group games, WITH Ward in.

And hennessey starts..

3 hours ago, francis39 said:
And hennessey starts..

Where have you been recently, been very quiet.

Hennessey starting clearly has nothing to do with form, he's not played. Page is being loyal, is nothing to do with the quality of Ward. Personally I think it's a error, but he's the manager.

• Like 2