Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

29 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

First thing I thought of was all the posts on FT about how he’s ‘great for Wales’.

Improved for LCFC massively before the break, but today looked all too familiar and is concerning.

Can't blame him tbf

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Hennessy kept Wales as bay 🤔🤔

2 excellent saves, didn't you watch it? Wales would have been down 0-1 or 0-2 by 90' if Ward started.

And considering that USA got a point against ENG, 2 points will not be enough for qualifying to the last 16.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

First thing I thought of was all the posts on FT about how he’s ‘great for Wales’.

Improved for LCFC massively before the break, but today looked all too familiar and is concerning.

The first goal... Similar to the shot well saved by hennessey excellently. and ward couldn't save it becoz his wingspan is too short.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

The 2nd one took a huge deflection of the wales defender about 2 yards in front of ward. Absolutely no one who knows a modicum about football would critise the Goalie for that! 

was directly behind the Wales goal at the game first one Ward was unsighted until the last moment by welsh defenders 2nd one i think he should have stayed on his line cause they were two welsh defenders near the ball but given the first one was in the 97th  minute of a 98 minute game even if he saved the second Iran would probably still have won. Great game best atmosphere so far of the games i have been too. Stadium was about 75% full. Welsh supporters spent the entire game in the sun so probably a few sorry and sunburnt today.   

• Like 3

15 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Can't judge him on today, had to come on in the 86 minutes with no warm up, first ever game in a WC, in a pressure game.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, francis39 said:

2 excellent saves, didn't you watch it? Wales would have been down 0-1 or 0-2 by 90' if Ward started.

And considering that USA got a point against ENG, 2 points will not be enough for qualifying to the last 16.

7 hours ago, francis39 said:

The first goal... Similar to the shot well saved by hennessey excellently. and ward couldn't save it becoz his wingspan is too short.

Two excellent saves?  Are you including the one where the attacker headed it into his prone body ? 

the one he tipped around the post was travelling so slowly, I’m surprised he didn’t just take it with his feet! 

anyway, it’s been referenced that ward can’t be expected to come on at 86 minutes and be up to speed with the game. The first goal was hit with a lot of pace and passed his dive before he could get down 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, francis39 said:

Yes I watched it but you said he kept Wales at bay …. He was playing for Wales. Also you’ve got to be trolling as it was 0-2 after 90 minutes anyway .

Edited by baldeagle

On 25/11/2022 at 18:42, phoneticerror said:

You obviously completely missed the Euros where he was their player of the tournament. It wasn't a general observation, he made several great saves that kept them going. If he hadn't had that op halfway through last season he was their number one ahead of Hennessy who barely plays competitive football.

• Like 1

On 25/11/2022 at 23:01, The whole world smiles said:

The 2nd one took a huge deflection of the wales defender about 2 yards in front of ward. Absolutely no one who knows a modicum about football would critise the Goalie for that! 

I gotta admit I winced when I saw a replay of Ward trying to stop the second goal, it did look like he got his angles all wrong when coming out to it. I didn’t realise there was a deflection but I didn’t bother looking at the replays too often.

On 26/11/2022 at 00:01, The whole world smiles said:

Except @staff who likes a dig against 

his own team players..without ground

Unfortunately Danny Ward will never be a top class Premier League or International keeper IMO.

He's a below average PL keeper and will cost us more than he saves us. We will need to find a future replacement fairly quickly if Iversen isn't up to it either.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

I think Danny Ward has been massively underrated, yes he had an underwhelming start this season but it wasn't just down to him.

I'd go as far as saying in the last few games he's probably let less goals in than Schmeichel would have. You'll probably see a Danny Ward master class tonight. If that's the case I told you so.

If he has a howler don't bother coming back here as I will have deleted this post.

As @francis39 likes to say, you can only judge him against top 6 Prem teams. Unfortunately England don’t fall into that bracket so tonight doesn’t count.

2 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

As @francis39 likes to say, you can only judge him against top 6 Prem teams. Unfortunately England don’t fall into that bracket so tonight doesn’t count.

Actually you can judge him on the first 7 games, unless he's playing well then you can only judge him on a whole season.

• Haha 1