Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

How does Faes stop a direct free kick and a shot straight at Ward? 

I reckon our defence probably does a better job at defending against Rashford than the Wales defence did for the 3rd

Faes absolutely steps out in front of Rashford to try and stop him getting the shot off

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

How does Faes stop a direct free kick and a shot straight at Ward? 

Form and confidence improved for Ward after Wout started for us.

Can't link that directly to tonight's events.

But people are saying he's not good enough. I disagree.

23 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

He’s a confidence player. Get behind him and and build his confidence.

Of course we can get behind him in the crowd at games, but no way can you have such an erratic confidence player as your goalkeeper in the PL side.

You need someone your defence has full confidence in, not a player who needs confidence from others. Having a “confidence player” as a goalkeeper has disaster-waiting-to-happen written all over it.

I guess he’ll have to do for a season or so as a stop gap as we have little other choice, but getting a good  keeper should be a priority number 1 in the summer.

Edited by Sampson

I obviously wanted to convincingly beat Wales but but it would have been nice to do it without Ward having any clangers. 

On the plus side he shown plenty of the form just before he arrived, and not playing him ahead of Henessey when he's been playing and in form was a mistake from Page. 

28 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

He just sadly isn't reliable. Fair play to him on the form shown in October/November but I'm really not convinced and I don't know if I ever will be.

I think I'm just glad he's actually proven to be a competent goalkeeper more than anything bexause if it carried on like before it was enough to keep us bottom until the world Cup. 

I'm so pleased for him in terms of how he's wrestled back form and I'm happy with him as number one for this season. Which is an achievement in itself. But going forward we need to be looking at someone who's a class above. 

7 hours ago, beepee1984 said:

But we’ve being saying for years that his performances were good for Wales even when he underperformed at Leicester, now we’re saying the opposite.

He clearly is a good GK when in form, but a worrying GK when he is not. 

We can’t have a GK that inconsistent as our number 1. 

Hennessey wouldnt have made that howler against Czech