Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

3 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I think I'm just glad he's actually proven to be a competent goalkeeper more than anything bexause if it carried on like before it was enough to keep us bottom until the world Cup. 

I'm so pleased for him in terms of how he's wrestled back form and I'm happy with him as number one for this season. Which is an achievement in itself. But going forward we need to be looking at someone who's a class above. 

I'm a bit concerned that this is going to send his form down the pan again. I tend to agree that he's a confidence player but that's really a bit of a problem for a goalkeeper, that's going to invariably lead to him costing you fairly frequently.

Not been a great World Cup so far for our players. Ward pretty awful, Maddison and Faes totally overlooked (the latter laughably), Tielemans hooked at half time, Amartey's been very hit and miss. I'd like to hope this won't unsettle things but wouldn't surprise me if we came back slowly.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I reckon our defence probably does a better job at defending against Rashford than the Wales defence did for the 3rd

Faes absolutely steps out in front of Rashford to try and stop him getting the shot off

7 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Form and confidence improved for Ward after Wout started for us.

Can't link that directly to tonight's events.

But people are saying he's not good enough. I disagree.

He's never played professional football consistently at any level and he's 30 next year.

We've basically replaced Schmeichel with a less experienced Chris Weale.

Edited by FoxyLeon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm a bit concerned that this is going to send his form down the pan again. I tend to agree that he's a confidence player but that's really a bit of a problem for a goalkeeper, that's going to invariably lead to him costing you fairly frequently.

Not been a great World Cup so far for our players. Ward pretty awful, Maddison and Faes totally overlooked (the latter laughably), Tielemans hooked at half time, Amartey's been very hit and miss. I'd like to hope this won't unsettle things but wouldn't surprise me if we came back slowly.

International and league teams are two totally different things. When they get home those players know what’s expected of them and how they play with a fox on their shirt. Ward will be fine yes he’s a confidence player but he wasn’t helped coming in from the cold to replace that moron Hennessy and against England he wasn’t helped by a woeful wales team that imploded as soon as bale was subbed off.

• Like 1

I like Danny. But no ones going to convince me he's a top class / prem keeper. He's laid fallow for years. In what other sport would that be the spring board to top class performance? He's a post Kasper stop gap. Capable of some good moments. But it won't all tie together as an all round Prem keeper. Some will say 'what about those clean sheets?'. I'm not saying he's crap. But that upturn in form is correlated to vastly better defensive performances all round. So not all on Danny's shoulders. 

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

All of this and the unstelling talk about transfers again. Really hope this doesn't all start off like the start of the season again. 

4 hours ago, dobbylcfc said:

International and league teams are two totally different things. When they get home those players know what’s expected of them and how they play with a fox on their shirt. Ward will be fine yes he’s a confidence player but he wasn’t helped coming in from the cold to replace that moron Hennessy and against England he wasn’t helped by a woeful wales team that imploded as soon as bale was subbed off.

I have been saying that weeks ago, that Ward will have trouble when Faes and Justin arent there. People here teased me. 

Look at what happened 

4 hours ago, dobbylcfc said:

Hennessey was actually very good until the red card. Probably their MOM. No way they would be 0-0 until 97’ if Ward started

• Haha 1

Some decent teams have ran aground & faultered,in this W.cup because of

Wavering goalkeepers.Though to be fair their defence in front of them, has also

had brain farts…

BUT…how many forwards this Kw.cup have ruined excellent moves while blasting or scooping over the bar,after finding themselves in that perfect pocket in front of goal.

Our Gary.L,  and the guy from ITV  have pointed it out..

The Poor GKs get slaughtered,where their forwards can Stolper over great chance after chance,and everyone still loves you. Converting mishaps seems more forgiving than that one stalwart conceding…!!  Life is a shit..

Edited by fuchsntf

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I like Ward, but lets be honest he is not very reassuring in the long term

No he isn’t. I was having this conversation with my mate last night and we both agreed that City need to invest in a clear, first choice keeper for the long term.

Ward looked really shaky last night, albeit in an utterly awful Wales team.

Ward makes a decent deputy keeper, but a really class goalie is essential in the Premiership.

He’s proved us all wrong, a little, over recent weeks, but I’m still not ‘assured’ by him personally.

15 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

never been convinced by Danny Ward, and don't understand why Iversen is constantly overlooked, if he's never going to be up to it just sell.

At least Iversen showed in the last 1.5 season that he is one of the best in the championship, so he may at least be a lower half EPL calibre player. 

Ward? 2016-17 in Huddersfield but that’s it. His hands were frozen

• Like 2

He is too far slow moving across his goal to be a first choice goalkeeper at the highest level in the Premier League.

He seems to really struggle to spring of his step and cover the ground quick enough when facing long shots / free kicks.

The Rashford free kick was very poor goal keeping.

• Like 1