Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

On 01/12/2022 at 21:04, turtmcfly said:

72rdo9.jpg

20 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Danny Ward is now up to 10 "can't-judge-a-player-after-one-poor game"s this season for those keeping track.

Everyone said he should be given time after a calamitous first 8-9 games. 

everyone said he is the real deal, after his 6 CS run! 

then everyone said we shouldnt judge him buy a few games after his calamitous 2 WC games! 

Merson’s a big fan

From his SSN article on England v Senegal 

Too many people fall into the trap of picking the same team. I don't get that, especially when you look at who we played. Rashford did well and scored two goals, but with all due respect, every other goalkeeper in the tournament would have caught the first one. It didn't hit the side-netting and wasn't in the top corner, it was poor goalkeeping.

8 hours ago, francis39 said:

Everyone said he should be given time after a calamitous first 8-9 games. 

everyone said he is the real deal, after his 6 CS run! 

then everyone said we shouldnt judge him buy a few games after his calamitous 2 WC games! 

Who’s this everyone….?

• Like 1

At the start of the season I thought he’d make the step up, but not signing a new keeper in January would be the difference between leaving behind our flirt with a relegation battle as a pre-Qatar thing or having some nervy periods again down near it in the second half of the season.

He’s been protected by the defensive efforts of the 10 in front of him during our upturn in form.

12 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Merson’s a big fan

Too many people fall into the trap of picking the same team. I don't get that, especially when you look at who we played. Rashford did well and scored two goals, but with all due respect, every other goalkeeper in the tournament would have caught the first one. It didn't hit the side-netting and wasn't in the top corner, it was poor goalkeeping.

With all due respect Merson is a total a*se

Just now, Ian S said:

With all due respect Merson is a total a*se

How so?

He may talk rubbish at times on football, but I have respect for him in particular opening up about his battle against gambling addiction.

13 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Merson’s a big fan

I had to watch it again after reading that, possibly it's saveable but it is a good free kick, I can't imagine any goalkeeper in the tournament is catching it, saving it maybe.

38 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I had to watch it again after reading that, possibly it's saveable but it is a good free kick, I can't imagine any goalkeeper in the tournament is catching it, saving it maybe.

I don’t think Kasper was particularly great at free kicks. Positioning not right so maybe a matter of coaching ? 

Thought Danny’s starting point was fine but his little move to start going the other way did him 

13 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I don’t think Kasper was particularly great at free kicks. Positioning not right so maybe a matter of coaching ? 

Thought Danny’s starting point was fine but his little move to start going the other way did him 

I seem to remember  a spell when Kasper and free kicks was a bit like how we were with corners it was pretty much a goal every time. Standing to one side of the goal leaving a gaping gap for the players to score in and I most certainly  remember him doing similar to Ward a couple of times and taking a step one way . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, francis39 said:

everyone here

"Everyone said he should be given time after a calamitous first 8-9 games" 

Almost admire the superdense chutzpah of making this claim 30-odd pages later in the actual thread that completely debunks it...

After the Spurs game. "Give him time"

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/129162-danny-ward/page/21/#comments

Mmm Bournemouth. "He'll come good" 

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/129162-danny-ward/page/33/#comments

On 30/11/2022 at 09:10, Criggers said:

If he comes back and performs shit after the World Cup, because he happens to be in a shit wales team, then it just goes to show we need a new no.1

How about let’s get behind him. He’s been fantastic last few games for us, and I’d like to keep it that way.

Dannyyy 

Dannyyy wardddd!