Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

17 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Not the best WC experience for our Danny so I hope his confidence isn’t too badly dented. The wales team were crap in all honesty. We need him back to his best for us so hopefully he’s training with Rogers as we speak.

The fact a fair few are hoping his form does not deviate from poor to decent back to poor again after a poor showing in the WC should see us looking for a new keeper after this season in my opinion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wymsey said:

How so?

He may talk rubbish at times on football, but I have respect for him in particular opening up about his battle against gambling addiction.

Well this is a football related thread so rather surprisingly I was referring to him in a football related way, and I think as such you seem to agree with me although putting it in a much nicer way.

4 hours ago, Clarkey123 said:

How about let’s get behind him. He’s been fantastic last few games for us, and I’d like to keep it that way.

Dannyyy 

Dannyyy wardddd!

I didn’t say not to. I’m just saying that Wales is done and dusted now. It’s back to the day job and I’d think any pro is able to dust themselves off and craic on as usual. And I fully expect he will do!

On 27/11/2022 at 20:45, Blue Fox 72 said:

Unfortunately Danny Ward will never be a top class Premier League or International keeper IMO.

He's a below average PL keeper and will cost us more than he saves us. We will need to find a future replacement fairly quickly if Iversen isn't up to it either.

Bump. He's not good enough for us as a no 1 keeper.

• Like 2

Interesting how the best part of one match drastically changes opinions again. He was thrown in at the deep end, with a very poor defence in front of him, most keepers would not have fared well in that scenario.

Ward has proved his worth in the past couple of months. I agree with the sentiments that we probably need a new number one, but I wouldn’t make it a priority. At the end of the day, he has the 2nd most clean sheets in the whole league.

I think partly the problem is that certain posters actively want him to fail so they can tell everyone how they were right all along. 

• Like 2

I think he is a top level Championship keeper. At Prem level I think he has a mistake in him and his ability with the ball at his feet and distribution is not quite up to scratch for modern tippy tappy football. 

I put our recent defensive improvement down solely to Lars Knudsen organising the team in front if him much better. Even Faes was all over the place at the beginning. Certainly nothing to do with Brendan who was clueless. 

I expect Danny to be replaced with a new number 1 in the summer. He is competent enough for now. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’m glad he turned his form around and regained a bit of respect but he is never going to be good enough imo. 

I know the iversen ship has sailed but I really hope we are looking into the market for a true kasper successor. 

You always feel you aren’t far away from a blunder 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I’m glad he turned his form around and regained a bit of respect but he is never going to be good enough imo. 

I know the iversen ship has sailed but I really hope we are looking into the market for a true kasper successor. 

You always feel you aren’t far away from a blunder 

You only have to look at his run out of his area to (fortunately) put the ball out of play. That could have been calamitous. Also flapping at a cross in the 2nd half. He's not solid nor is he reliable. Say what you want about the defence in front of him, he doesn't exude or inspire confidence.

OK, he had some decent performances before the WC, but I never thought, and still don't think, he is good enough to be 1st team keeper at PL level.

• Like 4

Just now, funkyrobot said:

We’ve got the Wales and early season Leicester Ward back. I’m not convinced he will ever have the consistent quality needed to be a premier league keeper at the top level.

I’m Danny’s biggest doubter, but the whole team was shite today. He shouldn’t take the brunt of the responsibility.

• Like 2

We’ve got the Wales and early season Leicester Ward back. I’m not convinced he will ever have the consistent quality needed to be a premier league keeper at the top level.

He won’t. But we have other priorities. Selling Iversen in the summer can help us find a new no.1.

I think it’s fair to say he’s not as bad as we all thought at first… but… that doesn’t mean he is good enough to be our keeper. He’s not, he’s far from it. In honesty, i’d say it’s the position we should be looking to strengthen first. Because i’m much more comfortable watching luke thomas  than i am ward 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

I’m Danny’s biggest doubter, but the whole team was shite today. He shouldn’t take the brunt of the responsibility.

I don't think those that have posted are saying he's the brunt of responsibility.

You say you're his "biggest doubter". Surely you can see where the criticism is coming from?