Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

4 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Jordan Pickford apparently unlikely to sign a new contract at Everton, unless his wages are too high I could see us going in for him, would be a 10 fold improvement on Ward

Wonder where he’s thinking he’d end up?

Not sure I could handle his dino arms in nets for us. Would love a confident, commanding keeper back though. 

3 hours ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

I disagree, the whole issue with him is that he is highly unstable due to his indecisiveness, unless his confidence has gotten a boost as we saw during our good run, he is very unreliable.

Before the World Cup he had the joint most clean sheets in the league, I’d hardly call that unreliable but I do agree with your point that he is vulnerable when he looses his confidence 

9 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Jordan Pickford apparently unlikely to sign a new contract at Everton, unless his wages are too high I could see us going in for him, would be a 10 fold improvement on Ward

He ain't gonna sign for us in a million years, lol. 

I'm all for us fans raising our own self perception, but Everton to Leicester ain't ever gonna happen, unless a) the player was unwanted at Everton or b) they were relegated and it was a fire sale

Edited by Paninistickers

21 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Pickford is on £100k a week in Everton, I doubt he'd go down in salary to join Leicester, even keeping the status quo salary wise, seems unlikely. It would be a miracle signing though.

18 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

Before the World Cup he had the joint most clean sheets in the league, I’d hardly call that unreliable but I do agree with your point that he is vulnerable when he looses his confidence 

Tbf his confidence does seem very fragile. At this level, aside from skills, you need a goalie with a strong mentality. Look at all the good goalies in the league, they're all strong characters.

Edited by Mike1983

3 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

Tbf his confidence does seem very fragile. At this level, aside from skills, you need a goalie with a strong mentality. Look at all the good goalies in the league, they're all strong characters.

A strong mentality is what Schmeichel had more than anything else, regardless of his form, he always believed he was a top class keeper and his form never deserted him for long. You feel with Ward that one mistake or poor performance and he’s looking over his shoulder and the anxiety returns 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm all for us fans raising our own self perception, but Everton to Leicester ain't ever gonna happen, unless a) the player was unwanted at Everton or b) they were relegated and it was a fire sale

To be fair, unless he goes to play somewhere in Europe, where else better is he going to go? If he decides he wants to leave Everton. I can’t see any of the big 7 clubs taking him. 

I reckon we should cut Ward some slack…

We have what we have,and every week we the fans,make it worse this GK situation than it is..To me he is the least of our problems…

We have a group of outfield players,who when on it,are a good top 7-4 side,or

just below middle of the road,when soft-shuffling their weekly routine..

Others are more drastic in their errors,or lack of decent performances…

5 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

I'm thinking he will likely end up at Tottenham. I don't see him coming here ..

6 hours ago, KFS said:

Wonder where he’s thinking he’d end up?

Not sure I could handle his dino arms in nets for us. Would love a confident, commanding keeper back though. 

Tbf I think there would be a few decent prem clubs in for him, like another poster has said Tottenham would probably take a gamble on him with loris coming to an end. His Dino arms wouldn’t bother me half as much as DWs attempts at not getting in the way of 1 on 1s. 

6 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Why would he not? There’s only spurs out of the big 6 that would go in for him which then leaves a few clubs like us West Ham, Newcastle etc and there’s only us off the top of my head that are after a first choice keeper, we’d be a far more appealing choice than Everton as well and with him running out his contract and say he doesn’t get the offers that he wants why would he not pick us? Add c) out of contract at the end of next season and the only chance they get any money from him would be to sell this summer.

6 hours ago, Mike1983 said:

Pickford is on £100k a week in Everton, I doubt he'd go down in salary to join Leicester, even keeping the status quo salary wise, seems unlikely. It would be a miracle signing though.

Yeah I think wages would be a sticking point Tbf, but if we give him a decent signing on fee and a decent deal who knows. I do think it would be a very unlikely signing but would improve us 10 fold

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

I'm thinking he will likely end up at Tottenham. I don't see him coming here ..

I think there would be a fair few in for him tbh, like you say Spurs would be a good fit with loris winding down and would give him the chance to play at a ‘top 6’ side. I do think it’s highly unlikely especially with our owners reluctance to splash the cash

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

The defenders have no confidence in him, he doesn't talk to them like Casper did!

That why the try do do everything themselves...... resulting in stupid errors

Sky sports just put the mike on for the 2nd goal. Clearly shouts "keepers!" as the cross comes in. Let's not make out Scmeichel gave defenders any more confidence. If the net was on fire he wouldn't leave his line!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Are you on crack? How can people seriously defend him when he’s cost us so many points this season 

You saw his positioning for the 2nd right? And the suicide passing for the offside goal right? Any mediocre Championship keeper would improve us.

In this game, the first goal is deffo not his fault. He calls it, Faes shanks it over his head. Are you also on crack? Do we have the same dealer?

I don't blame him for coming out for the 2nd. Most other keepers would :dunno:

The offside goal pass was crap.

But you don't mention the good distribution for our goal...?

• Like 1