Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

3 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Ward isn’t at the level to be a number 1 with us. Similar flaws with crosses as Schmeichel, not on the same level with shot stopping and seems to be way too laidback/passive with his defensive colleagues. Not just that, he currently appears to have a mysterious injury that the club have barely spoken about 🤷🏻‍♂️

When Ward played against Watford, he claimed three crosses. Schmeichel only claimed three crosses in total in his 15 outings before the Welshman’s debut.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You've watched both of them probably less than about 10 times. I doubt you are qualified to make that judgment. 

The OP doesn’t need to have to see them both more than 10 times. One is far younger and has years ahead of him. Ward is only going in one direction.

Edited by phoneticerror

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

When Ward played against Watford, he claimed three crosses. Schmeichel only claimed three crosses in total in his 15 outings before the Welshman’s debut.

Rephrase “when Ward played against the newly relegated Watford”. Absolutely no competition with Watford.

Imagine putting Danny Ward up against Man City or Liverpool. He couldn’t stand the heat against Forest FFS.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Iversen is still on a development curve, Ward isn't. Unless Ward is significantly better (he isn't) then playing him is pointless. 

That remains to be seen, Wards development could have been stagnated by less game time.

Ward has made 175 appearances in his career 12,815 minutes of football in the league 

iversen 231 appearances 17,477mins 

Ward is four years older 

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

That remains to be seen, Wards development could have been stagnated by less game time.

Ward has made 175 appearances in his career 12,815 minutes of football in the league 

Ward is four years older 

I actually thought Iversen was a few years younger than that, surprised. I’d play Iverson for now and see how he develops but I doubt either of these keepers are a suitable permanent replacement for our #1. 

6 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Rephrase “when Ward played against the newly relegated Watford”. Absolutely no competition with Watford.

Imagine putting Danny Ward up against Man City or Liverpool. He couldn’t stand the heat against Forest FFS.

Did Kasper not play against newly promoted teams then?

like the previous game against Norwich?

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Ward is four years older 

There's probably very good reason for this. Made by the people who watch them week in week out who are the only ones qualified to comment apparently.

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

There's probably very good reason for this. Made by the people who watch them week in week out who are the only ones qualified to comment apparently.

If that was the case it could be argued, why wasn’t inversen number 2 for the last few years 

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Did Kasper not play against newly promoted teams then?

like the previous game against Norwich?

My point is that using an example of when Ward excelled against a shite team isn’t a valid argument for him being a strong keeper. Can’t believe I have to spell that out.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

The OP doesn’t need to have to see them both more than 10 times. One is far younger and has years ahead of him. Ward is only going in one direction.

Of course they bloody do. You think the coaching staff say "not seen him play, but he's younger so let us go for it." There is FOUR years between then you know?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

My point is that using an example of when Ward excelled against a shite team isn’t a valid argument for him being a strong keeper. Can’t believe I have to spell that out.

I’m not saying he is “strong keeper”, you seem to use the argument because he was shit against forest he is crap

if that was the case most of the starting 11 that day wouldn’t play again.

Ward may not be as good in some areas as Kasper but he will offer something different in others, than we haven’t had for the last 5 seasons.

Time will tell 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Of course they bloody do. You think the coaching staff say "not seen him play, but he's younger so let us go for it." There is FOUR years between then you know?

No, see the post above where I thought the age gap was 2 years bigger. Could have saved yourself the time posting that 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

I’m not saying he is “strong keeper”, you seem to use the argument because he was shit against forest he is crap

if that was the case most of the starting 11 that day wouldn’t play again.

Ward may not be as good in some areas as Kasper but he will offer something different in others, than we haven’t had for the last 5 seasons.

Time will tell 

He was shit against Forest. But I also think he’s crap. Hope that clears it up 😂😂😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Not good enough.  We should sign Leno.

Leno, who was dropped in favour of Ramsdale because he wasn't good enough distributing/playing the ball with his feet.

He might be better than Ward but his weaknesses mean he wouldn't improve us and his wage demands are far higher.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

He was shit against Forest. But I also think he’s crap. Hope that clears it up 😂😂😂

Don't wish to put it out there, but everyone was s**t against Forest, can't really gauge a singular players performance on that total s***show.

Besides, people often learn from failures... his next appearances he was steady and his international career he's been excellent.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

You've watched both of them probably less than about 10 times. I doubt you are qualified to make that judgment. 

Luckily we've got thousands of people that have watched Iversen play many times in the Championship and given him absolutely rave reviews. This isn't like we're plucking someone from the crowd who turned up in the Arphexed shirt and gloves for some reason.

There's plenty of evidence to suggest that Iversen has flourished in the championship. He's done everything asked of him to deserve his chance as a starting keeper. He's played league two, league one and championship and stepped up to every single challenge so far.

To not give him his opportunity this season would be mental in my eyes. (Assuming Kasper goes) If we think we can improve on him when the summer comes then so be it. We need to be giving more opportunity to our own players that have shown they have ability. This season is literally set up for us to take these risks and start trying to blood in new players that are already at the club.

And before you ask, no, I've obviously not got evidence of how well he plays in the Premier League :D

18 minutes ago, lfu said:

Leno, who was dropped in favour of Ramsdale because he wasn't good enough distributing/playing the ball with his feet.

He might be better than Ward but his weaknesses mean he wouldn't improve us and his wage demands are far higher.

Better than Ward....

That's all he has to be.  As long as we don't land ourselves in another Zieler situation, I am sure Rudkin knows what he is doing *whistles silently*

42 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Luckily we've got thousands of people that have watched Iversen play many times in the Championship and given him absolutely rave reviews. This isn't like we're plucking someone from the crowd who turned up in the Arphexed shirt and gloves for some reason.

There's plenty of evidence to suggest that Iversen has flourished in the championship. He's done everything asked of him to deserve his chance as a starting keeper. He's played league two, league one and championship and stepped up to every single challenge so far.

To not give him his opportunity this season would be mental in my eyes. (Assuming Kasper goes) If we think we can improve on him when the summer comes then so be it. We need to be giving more opportunity to our own players that have shown they have ability. This season is literally set up for us to take these risks and start trying to blood in new players that are already at the club.

And before you ask, no, I've obviously not got evidence of how well he plays in the Premier League :D

Cool... but the point still stands, we don't know who the better keeper is. I'll judge with my own eyes on that one, after all Soumare was the next coming of Jesus Christ according to some in France. 

It's all very well saying let's blood them, but I absolutely categorically know that most of the people saying that, will be the ones screaming blue murder about not signing a better keeper if they start chucking the ball in the net and are found wanting. 

11 hours ago, TK95 said:

My instant thought was surely it's Danny's time now. Rodgers has forever insisted we've got two number ones here and when one is finally departing, it seems the obvious choice.

Big factor will be the extent to his injury of course. But with Iversen touted as another potential successor, why not let him start the season and prove his worth?

For being supposedly skint this season, it just feels like such an avoidable expense

we're not skint, we need to cut the wage bill for FFP reasons

• Like 1