Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

1 minute ago, Mike1983 said:

About sums him up, a calamity waiting to happen.

When the season started I really hoped that he would settle in and that last seasons disaster at Forest was a one off but then I got to see that was not the case.

To me, at this level, he is the opposite to most keepers, who can have an off game, with him he can have a good game.

4 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

That's quite horrible, not sure how it can be explained.

Well quite easy, it's a 40 second video of one mistake. I could do this with every goalkeeper in the World, probably ever.

Ward has his faults, I've been critical of him, I certainly don't think he's a number one but I'd argue the last 5 goals (Liverpool and Newcastle) he hasn't had much of a chance with what we've conceded. He certainly hasn't made howlers. 

On 30/12/2022 at 21:06, beepee1984 said:

The worst thing about Ward is he is a confidence keeper

When confident He is a good GK 

Personally I would like to see better

But the worse thing we can do is get on his back

His confidence will drop again and we will go back to the awful GK we had at the start of season (or Wales had against England) and he is better than that.

Better to be a Leicester Support and support him even when he is not at his best

There’s only so much supporting you can do, fact of the matter is if he’s not confident enough in himself to be a premier league keeper then he shouldn’t be playing at this level. The comparison I would make to him would be that of a David nugent or Jordan Rhodes, they’re probably too good to be championship but don’t have enough faucets to their game to play in the prem. He’s not above average at anything in his game, and he’s a very ordinary shot stopper which I would say is the bare minimum for a prem keeper. 
I saw a metrics table of all keepers in the prem the other day, and it may have changed but he was rock bottom. If we want to challenge for Europe and collect a few trophies we need a good goalkeeper and it would personally be my number 1 priority this summer

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Well quite easy, it's a 40 second video of one mistake. I could do this with every goalkeeper in the World, probably ever.

Ward has his faults, I've been critical of him, I certainly don't think he's a number one but I'd argue the last 5 goals (Liverpool and Newcastle) he hasn't had much of a chance with what we've conceded. He certainly hasn't made howlers. 

Although he did get off with the howler, when he kicked the ball at Salah and they scored but was offside.

10 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

There’s only so much supporting you can do, fact of the matter is if he’s not confident enough in himself to be a premier league keeper then he shouldn’t be playing at this level. The comparison I would make to him would be that of a David nugent or Jordan Rhodes, they’re probably too good to be championship but don’t have enough faucets to their game to play in the prem. He’s not above average at anything in his game, and he’s a very ordinary shot stopper which I would say is the bare minimum for a prem keeper. 
I saw a metrics table of all keepers in the prem the other day, and it may have changed but he was rock bottom. If we want to challenge for Europe and collect a few trophies we need a good goalkeeper and it would personally be my number 1 priority this summer

It would have been my number one priority this month, given Rodgers clearly has no intention of playing Iversen in the league games. Ward will cost us some points between now and the end of the season. We just have to hope those points don't prove to be costly come the final table.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

You're right about the first video, but the 2nd video clearly shows fundamental problems such as very poor positioning. 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Can't name another team in the league who would let one of the most iconic players in the clubs history go and not even bother replacing them. The drop in standards that allowed this to happen annoys me far more than Ward himself, who is doing his best but just simply not up to it.

The whole episode symbolises what's going on here.

Man Utd and Ronaldo?

14 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

David Nugent could turn the tap on when he wanted 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Can't name another team in the league who would let one of the most iconic players in the clubs history go and not even bother replacing them. The drop in standards that allowed this to happen annoys me far more than Ward himself, who is doing his best but just simply not up to it.

Leicester City - Riyad mahrez

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Harsh on Nuge. Great player for us, even in the Premier League. A much better footballer than Rhodes too. 

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

This is the issue for me. Kasper was an aging goalkeeper, albeit still good, that apparently already said he wanted to play in Europe again. We should have been looking at replacements for him years before he left.

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Not only are we supposed to replace, but we're supposed to improve because when you start replacing at the same level of worse, you end up massively regressing. 

Scouts/analysts have to be pissed off as there's no way they've gone the last 2-4 years without highlighting natural GK regression and upcoming replacement, current improvements. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

He's played 20 PL games the last 10 years he's been in the PL where 17 of them has been this season. Tbh it makes sense that he has looked nervous, especially at the start of the season.

ward.png

Just goes to show that we really should of replaced Kasper instead of relying on a GK that had only ever played in a handful of Premier League games.

5 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Just goes to show that we really should of replaced Kasper instead of relying on a GK that had only ever played in a handful of Premier League games.

Well to most of us it looked as if we were lining up Iversen to do just that, hence the progression with his loans each season. It's genuinely baffling that the club didn't go with him.

Also worth remembering a handful of folk wanted Ward over Iversen simply because sitting on his arse is apparently 'earning' a chance once Kasper left.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

£12m on Ward and he should be delivering more. He's not as disgustingly bad as people make out, but spending that much on a back-up keeper was a mistake anyway. Expect more for that fee paid. 

£12m on a player who had 2 PL appearances in 8 years. Senseless...

I'd rather get a hungry GK from the lower leagues who are desperate for playtime, the kind of mentality Kasper had.

• Like 1