Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

2 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Hennessey looked worse than Ward for Florist yesterday. Some of the most pathetic keeping I’ve seen in a while. Danny might not be the worst in the league.

Difference is Hennessey is the reserve keeper. Danny Ward is Brendan’s number 1 😬

Iversen looks far more assured from a goalkeeping perspective, however you can see he is not as comfortable with the ball at his feet and I think this is a key reason Brendan doesn’t rate him as highly as Ward. In my view that is a mistake, as the primary role of the keeper is to stop goals and provide defence stability, the ability to be a playmaker should be the secondary consideration and seen as a bonus. 

• Like 3

I keep seeing this comment "not a Premier League keeper" yet I watched De Gea, Guaita, and Allison all drop massive clangers this weekend. I don't know how you suddenly become this faultless top level keeper because they're all capable of flapping a cross, passing it to  the nearest striker or not shutting their legs. Without spending 20m, he's as good as we're getting for a while.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, iancognito said:

I keep seeing this comment "not a Premier League keeper" yet I watched De Gea, Guaita, and Allison all drop massive clangers this weekend. I don't know how you suddenly become this faultless top level keeper because they're all capable of flapping a cross, passing it to  the nearest striker or not shutting their legs. Without spending 20m, he's as good as we're getting for a while.

I'd love to know how bad Iverson must look in training to have not deserved a run out.

Interestingly, Iverson is the more experienced of the 2 and was in the championship team of the year. DW is very fortunate to still be starting games IMO.

• Like 1

The sad thing is, I'd we do get relegated we've got arguably the best Championship keeper of 2021/22 in our squad and yet Ward would still play as no PL club would come in for Ward. I'm not even sure he'd have Championship suitors, how have pur standards dropped so low? 

• Like 3

It says a lot about Rodgers that he continually endorses Ward when everyone can see that he just isn’t good enough.     He was a poor purchase and Rodgers telling the world that he had two premier league keepers is laughable.   

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The sad thing is, I'd we do get relegated we've got arguably the best Championship keeper of 2021/22 in our squad and yet Ward would still play as no PL club would come in for Ward. I'm not even sure he'd have Championship suitors, how have pur standards dropped so low? 

Ward isn't championship level in my opinion, and if we do go down, Rodgers won't be here to pick him anyway 

3 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I know he didn't get a look in, but surely he must have had something about him for Liverpool to have signed him in the first place? Not that I overly rate him.

Liverpool were a hot bed for dog shit keepers back then, look no further than Karius.