Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

5 hours ago, iancognito said:

I keep seeing this comment "not a Premier League keeper" yet I watched De Gea, Guaita, and Allison all drop massive clangers this weekend. I don't know how you suddenly become this faultless top level keeper because they're all capable of flapping a cross, passing it to  the nearest striker or not shutting their legs. Without spending 20m, he's as good as we're getting for a while.

Bollocks, Ward is as much of a goalkeeper as Vestergaard is, at least the latter has the height advantage.

Edited by FoxTimmy2
  • Like 1

Ward injured??

I noticed Smithies was on the bench at Gillingham, which is not in itself unusual, but then Brendan added in his conference that it’s the same squad as Gillingham. So no Ward? Or was he in the squad that travelled, but just left out of the actual match day squad.

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Ward injured??

I noticed Smithies was on the bench at Gillingham, which is not in itself unusual, but then Brendan added in his conference that it’s the same squad as Gillingham. So no Ward? Or was he in the squad that travelled, but just left out of the actual match day squad.

Fingers crossed.

6 hours ago, francis39 said:

it is FA cup not league match

Yes I realise that. My point was that I hope Ward is unavailable as I want to see more of Iversen to see if he's any better than Ward.

Ward is clearly not good enough for the PL going forward, so I'm hoping Iversen can step up.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Ward injured??

Was in the away end at Gillingham and Ward was there. Stood behind the goal where he warmed up, he let one in and said 'it's my day off' so I would expect him back for Newcastle if that was the case. 

Danny Ward isnt so bad a GKeeper…

Dont forget Since the 50s,even in our bad,very bad days,we had exceptional Gkeepers over nearly 70 years,who were continually positively mentioned in dispatches.Every one of our GKeepers always had a positive say,lead from the front. Their poor days were simply pushed to the side,and comfortably,conveniently forgotten,but they were a rarity…Oppo fans respected ,feared.

THE LEICESTER goalkeeper,who could win games.

For the first time,in our history we have an ordinary ,& decent GK like the most of rest of the League (s). 
The Leicester fan phsyc,is just not use to taking the ordinairy,honest but flappable

GK…

Over a season,our GKs saved more notable points,or sparked a cup run.

Now we have a situation,where points are lost,because last man standing ain’t a miracle man of old..

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Danny Ward isnt so bad a GKeeper…

Dont forget Since the 50s,even in our bad,very bad days,we had exceptional Gkeepers over nearly 70 years,who were continually positively mentioned in dispatches.Every one of our GKeepers always had a positive say,lead from the front. Their poor days were simply pushed to the side,and comfortably,conveniently forgotten,but they were a rarity…Oppo fans respected ,feared.

THE LEICESTER goalkeeper,who could win games.

For the first time,in our history we have an ordinary ,& decent GK like the most of rest of the League (s). 
The Leicester fan phsyc,is just not use to taking the ordinairy,honest but flappable

GK…

Over a season,our GKs saved more notable points,or sparked a cup run.

Now we have a situation,where points are lost,because last man standing ain’t a miracle man of old..

Wouldn't say ward was average even

3 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Would be great for Iversen to get gametime tonight. Our goalie is likely to get a lot of action and it would be a perfect opportunity for him to show the boss what he can do. Unfortunately it’ll be Wardy and his no look starfish jump. 

It takes great (lack of) skill to master that!

Edited by FoxTimmy2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Would be great for Iversen to get gametime tonight. Our goalie is likely to get a lot of action and it would be a perfect opportunity for him to show the boss what he can do. Unfortunately it’ll be Wardy and his no look starfish jump. 

Let’s hope he’s not wearing the brown kit as his chocolate starfish is the last thing I want to see 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Ward has made more saves in the first 50 minutes of tonights’ game than he has in the rest of his whole career 

Well tbf, most of his career has been sat on his arse on the bench lol

Guest Col city fan

Played really well. I said before our run of form, he’s being let down by one of the shittest defences in the Premiership. 
He was utterly PEPPERED tonight, behind a defensive unit that did not have a fookin clue. It’s law of averages, he ain’t going to save them all.

It’s no coincidence that Ward looked fine, when the whole defence improved. I feel sorry for him. He’d be so confused with the two muppets in front of him.

35 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Thought his positioning was poor for both goals. Not even like they were tucked in the corner.

Because we give the ball away in shit positions. He’d have probably thought one of the two defenders wouldn’t give the ball away and another wouldn’t be outmuscled.

You can have the best goalkeeper in the world, but you keep giving the ball away in the final third often enough you’re going to get caught out. It’s a miracle, and partly down to Ward, we weren’t caught out more. Far bigger problems than Ward tonight.

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Because we give the ball away in shit positions. He’d have probably thought one of the two defenders wouldn’t give the ball away and another wouldn’t be outmuscled.

You can have the best goalkeeper in the world, but you keep giving the ball away in the final third often enough you’re going to get caught out. It’s a miracle, and partly down to Ward, we weren’t caught out more. Far bigger problems than Ward tonight.

The reality is if it wasn’t for Ward pulling off a string of very good saves, this could have been 6/7 nil tonight, easy.

Our defence did not have a clue