Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

He should get absolutely taken to town during any analysis for their first goal.

I get that he has to back his decision but time after time his decision making is so poor.

We were spoilt with Kasper but with Ward, it feels like Brendan is punishing us for not referring to him as the Messiah or something 🙈

• Like 3

Just now, SafewayFox said:

He should get absolutely taken to town during any analysis for their first goal.

I get that he has to back his decision but time after time his decision making is so poor.

We were spoilt with Kasper but with Ward, it feels like Brendan is punishing us for not referring to him as the Messiah or something 🙈

Sadly, never has that been as evident as it has been this season.

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, eblair said:

People just resigned to quite how bad he is and that he won’t get dropped. This topic should be hot with raging anger

He’s an absolute clown 

People here was tagging me and asking where i was when he had 6 CSs in like 7 or 8 matches against minnows when time after time the bottom teams missed great chances becoz of their poor shots, then Maddy or Tielemens opened the score and thats it. 

Now Maddy’s missing, Ward has no one to bail out

On 14/01/2023 at 16:23, Sampson said:

Yet another goal where even if he doesn’t make a clanger, a PL goalkeeper could clearly have done so much better, he flies out his area so he can’t handle it, then slides to his feet making himself so small. Pathetic goalkeeping, anyone still defending him as good enough I genuinely think wants us relegated.

He doesn’t even make good saves, people who praise him keep praising him for routine, standard saves at this level when he lets so many past that a PL keeper should be doing better with. He’s exactly the type of player who if you think is passable for a starter, gets you relegated.

Suspected exactly this when it was clear we were going up this route. It's gone basically exactly as I feared it would. Yet it doesn't even sound like we're in for a new goalkeeper. I wouldn't want him starting for us next season even if we got relegated. Standards at this club haven't been this low since about 2008.

• Like 1

Started week fuming in office thinking about Leicester.

Does anyone know what the craic is with Iversen, who was very impressive in championship last year? We know he is not brilliant with his feet but in case Rodgers hasn’t noticed we’re a crap side who concede bucket load of chances. It’s hardly like Danny is playing precise passes splitting the press open. Why can’t we play the goalkeeper that we know is good at stopping shots?

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere Iversen is not impressing club in training but I’m truly bemused we’re pursuing with this clown in goal every week

Situation at club is so desperate but Ward is symptomatic of all the problems. Over paid transfer and wages. Was content sitting with sitting on the bench going to train in 5* facilities. He’s the antithesis of a Nigel Pearson player and summarises where we went wrong as a club (hint: some of it does pre-date Rodgers)

Edited by eblair
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, eblair said:

Started week fuming in office thinking about Leicester.

Does anyone know what the craic is with Iversen, who was very impressive in championship last year? We know he is not brilliant with his feet but in case Rodgers hasn’t noticed we’re a crap side who concede bucket load of chances. It’s hardly like Danny is playing precios passes splitting the press open. Why can’t we play the goalkeeper that we know is good at stopping shots?

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere Iversen is not impressing club in training but I’m truly bemused we’re pursuing with this clown in goal every week

Situation at club is so desperate but Ward is symptomatic of all the problems. Over paid transfer and wages. Was content sitting in bench going to train in 5* facilities. He’s the antithesis of a Nigel Pearson player and summarises where we went wrong as a club (hint: some of it does pre-date Rodgers)

I'd prefer a keeper not brilliant with his feet than one useless with his hands.... I'm surprised Iversen isn't demanding to be sold or sent out on loan not being given a chance when this clown is starting. Danny Ward is 30 this year he will never be a premier league quality goalkeeper, Iversen is 25 and turns 26, he just might be and if he isn't good enough to get ahead of Danny Ward then we might as well sell him anyway. The Preston manager said he was a 20m pound player when he was their player of the year last year. We must be able to get some decent money for him.

Edited by desertfox2
autocorrect
  • Like 3

Mildly amusing because the one thing we were always known for even when were bad, was our goalkeepers were always brilliant.

Banks, Shilton, Wallington, Keller, Flowers, Schmeichel to name but a few.

Now we have the worst goalkeeper in the premier league.  Only person who cant see it is Rogers.  Ward is not a good goalkeeper.

One thing we need in any transfer window is a new keeper.  Yet, again, we do nothing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, desertfox2 said:

I'd prefer a keeper not brilliant with his feet than one useless with his hands.... I'm surprised Iversen isn't demanding to be sold or sent out on loan not being given a chance when this clown is starting. Danny Ward is 30 this year he will never be a premier league goalkeeper Iversen is 25 and turns 26. He just might be and if he isn't god enough to get ahead of Danny Ward then we might as well sell him anyway. The Preston manager said he was a 20m pound player when he was their player of the year last year. We must be able to get some decent money for him.

Same. I don't get the whole keeper playing with their feet thing now, they're there to stop shots. Pope is a great example at Newcastle, not good with his feet but excellent shot stopper.

• Like 2

Dropping Ward means admitting he was wrong.....at this point you surely go right something has to change and we need to do anything to start getting results. But no, Ward keeps his place knowing full well he can be as shite as he likes and probably keep his place for the rest of the league campaign. 

18 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Dropping Ward means admitting he was wrong.....at this point you surely go right something has to change and we need to do anything to start getting results. But no, Ward keeps his place knowing full well he can be as shite as he likes and probably keep his place for the rest of the league campaign. 

What Brendan needed was for Ward to get injured, and for Iversen to play himself into contention that way. That way Brendan wouldn't have had to be wrong about Ward and everyone could have said what a great coach he is for turning Iversen into a number 1.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Whilst we need a new keeper, i'd put at least 3 positions we need ahead of that.

It would help if he wasn't facing 20 shots a game and several one on one's......

The protection in front of him is up there with the worst i've seen.

I fear that Rodgers also shares your point of view. If having the worst GK in the 5 big leagues, isn’t a good enough reason to look for a replacement, then I don’t know what is.

Ward is like a 3 time lottery winner, absolutely stealing a living here. 

Just now, FoxTimmy2 said:

I fear that Rodgers also shares your point of view. If having the worst GK in the 5 big leagues, isn’t a good enough reason to look for a replacement, then I don’t know what is.

Ward is like a 3 time lottery winner, absolutely stealing a living here. 

Genuinely one of the most ridiculous posts i've seen. Do we need a better keeper? Yes absolutely.

Is he that bad? no.

Has made less mistakes this season than some of the very best and has actually kept the score down in some games (Newcastle in the cup, West ham in the league spring to mind straight away)