Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Schmeichel: Leader, high standards, brilliant in 1-on-1's.

Ward: Clown, back four knows he's weak and has to overcompensate, flaps like a dying pigeon.

Biggest downgrade in history.

and to think quite a few of our fans wanted him to replace Schmeichel while he was here...... all because Kasper allegedly couldnt kick or couldnt claim crosses.

Yet the same fans now slate Ward haha.... wonderful stuff

3 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

and to think quite a few of our fans wanted him to replace Schmeichel while he was here...... all because Kasper allegedly couldnt kick or couldnt claim crosses.

Schmeichel had his faults but was clearly a Premier League-standard keeper, which Ward isn't. Equally important, Schmeichel was a leader on the pitch and, apparently, off the pitch too. So we now have a weaker keeper, less leadership on the pitch and a weaker dressing room.

Brilliant :(

11 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Schmeichel had his faults but was clearly a Premier League-standard keeper, which Ward isn't. Equally important, Schmeichel was a leader on the pitch and, apparently, off the pitch too. So we now have a weaker keeper, less leadership on the pitch and a weaker dressing room.

Brilliant :(

I dont think anyone would ever doubt that Kasper is a better keeper and better leader, fact. I've not said that we dont need to go and get a better keeper for sure but ultimately we have FAR bigger issues at the moment than Danny Ward. He gets exposed EVERY game by a team in front of him that cant defend. Look at the two Forest goals..... yes he arguably could of made himself harder to beat on the first one but ultimately we've defended horrendously for both

4 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I dont think anyone would ever doubt that Kasper is a better keeper and better leader, fact. I've not said that we dont need to go and get a better keeper for sure but ultimately we have FAR bigger issues at the moment than Danny Ward. He gets exposed EVERY game by a team in front of him that cant defend. Look at the two Forest goals..... yes he arguably could of made himself harder to beat on the first one but ultimately we've defended horrendously for both

Oh sure - we have major issues in defence which aren't his fault. But the loss of Schmeichel and his replacement with Ward seems symbolic of how we're slowly being weakened in different areas of the pitch.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

The reason most wanted to give him a go was down to the fact last season with Kasper we conceded from virtually every corner or free kick within 40 yards of our goal.  Ironically that isn't such an issue anymore (Ward can actually take a cross or the impact of Knudsen?) we just concede simple goals from open play instead. That's on the entire team for giving away silly chances but you can't help but feel that Kasper would have saved so many of the chances Ward is letting in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Has the passion, aggression, authority and vocal chords of a mouse.

It’s no huge surprise though is it, how is any player that has previously been surplus to requirements for 4 seasons suddenly going to be a vocal force that commands respect in the team 

12 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I’m sorry, Ward is one of the massive issues at the club. He’s league 1 at best for me. It’s such an easy fix for the club too. Bench him and play Iversen. We don’t currently need a keeper that can pinpoint a gentle accurate lob to Thomas to lose possession, we need a keeper that can make more than just regulation saves. 

So Iversen is absolutely guaranteed to be better?

56 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Not Rodgers fault though.....

Yes it is ...to a degree.

Rodgers can :

1 Make the decision to replace Ward - but he won't.

2 Replace Amartey with Cags or another actual defender  - but he won't (Amartey is an error prone midfielder for gods sake and came to the culb as that, and even an u23 is potentially a better fit)

3 Stop BrendanBall, especially the back passing, and try to reduce the additional pressure it invites (the Tottenham capitulation comes to mind as an example of inviting the pressure) - but he won't 

That's it for now, but I'll have another think

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Rodgers can :

2 Replace Amartey with Cags or another actual defender  - but he won't (Amartey is an error prone midfielder for gods sake and came to the culb as that, and even an u23 is potentially a better fit)

3 Stop BrendanBall, especially the back passing, and try to reduce the additional pressure it invites (the Tottenham capitulation comes to mind as an example of inviting the pressure) - but he won't 

Replacing Ward with Iversen really wont change alot..... We need a new keeper realistically but we know whats happening with transfers or lack of

3 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Before this season, he's played about 5 first team games in 6 years. He's going to be no where near the standard as he's not match fit.

Which is the exact reason why he should have never been made our number one after Kasper.

Edited by Buzzell
  • Like 1

Just now, Buzzell said:

Which is the exact reason why he should have never been made our number one after Kasper. It also has nothing to do with match fitness. He’s a championship GK at best.

We hadnt got the funds to buy anyone in the summer..... what was he supposed to do?

Its Ward or Iversen..... end of

3 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Rodgers can :

4 Play castagne e at left back as Thomas is having a hard time of it - but he won't 

5 Try going 2 up front for more support and try to score before we concede for a change - but he won't 

6 Take Barnes out of the team as he's been terrible recently - but he won't 

7 Replace wilf with Mendy  - but he won't 

8 use the squad and make better substitutions - but he won't 

Move the ball forward quicker

Etc etc etc etc 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Replacing Ward with Iversen really wont change alot..... We need a new keeper realistically but we know whats happening with transfers or lack of

Maybe not...but we'll  never know until it happens  

And that's my point about Rodgers.  He's to stubbon and arrogant to admit that just handing Ward the No 1 spot because he was the understudy was potentially  wrong, and even giving Iverson a 3 or 4 game run (something in the sphere of his control) which could be to the benefit of the team  his ego won't allow as it showed he's wrong if proven as successful move

Edited by Guppys Love Child

3 minutes ago, Gazza3 said:

4 Play castagne e at left back as Thomas is having a hard time of it - but he won't 

5 Try going 2 up front for more support and try to score before we concede for a change - but he won't 

6 Take Barnes out of the team as he's been terrible recently - but he won't 

7 Replace wilf with Mendy  - but he won't 

8 use the squad and make better substitutions - but he won't 

Move the ball forward quicker

Etc etc etc etc 

Cheers for taking up the baton my friend..

Oh I also agree with all of your points.

2 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Genuinely one of the most ridiculous posts i've seen. Do we need a better keeper? Yes absolutely.

Is he that bad? no.

You must be joking, have you seen the shot stopping stats for Ward? He’s the worst in the top5 leagues, measured on average shot difficulty vs saves. 

In the PL he is ranked 28th out of 28 GKs.

He’s absolutely as bad as people make out, how can you possibly say otherwise?