Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

2 hours ago, lfu said:

Leno, who was dropped in favour of Ramsdale because he wasn't good enough distributing/playing the ball with his feet.

He might be better than Ward but his weaknesses mean he wouldn't improve us and his wage demands are far higher.

Pretty much any keeper we can afford would be dropped in favour of Ramsdale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

When Ward played against Watford, he claimed three crosses. Schmeichel only claimed three crosses in total in his 15 outings before the Welshman’s debut.

Premier league statistics only count one of those 3 as a ‘high claim’ the other two are not even listed. If you think that looking at one match is an appropriate comparison then presumably you must believe that Sam Allardyce is the best ever England manager with his 100% win record. I’ve seen Ward in numerous cup games and playing for Wales and he’s not in the same class as Schmeichel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

Premier league statistics only count one of those 3 as a ‘high claim’ the other two are not even listed. If you think that looking at one match is an appropriate comparison then presumably you must believe that Sam Allardyce is the best ever England manager with his 100% win record. I’ve seen Ward in numerous cup games and playing for Wales and he’s not in the same class as Schmeichel.

I was highlighting was written in a article 

“No team had a higher percentage of goals conceded from set-pieces (34 per cent) last season, nor a higher number of goals conceded from crosses (15). When Ward played against Watford, he claimed three crosses. Schmeichel only claimed three crosses in total in his 15 outings before the Welshman’s debut.”

Also baring in mind he isn’t in the same class as Kasper, he didn’t do to bad in the comparison below did he

C873452B-0433-4549-912D-A9B8A511C450.thumb.jpeg.2f1025884503c54aef5c8bf4aa68b0a5.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

“No team had a higher percentage of goals conceded from set-pieces (34 per cent) last season, nor a higher number of goals conceded from crosses (15). When Ward played against Watford, he claimed three crosses. Schmeichel only claimed three crosses in total in his 15 outings before the Welshman’s debut.”

Also baring in mind he isn’t in the same class as Kasper, he didn’t do to bad in the comparison below did he

C873452B-0433-4549-912D-A9B8A511C450.thumb.jpeg.2f1025884503c54aef5c8bf4aa68b0a5.jpeg

At least you agree Ward’s not in the same class.

Official premier league statistics debunk the article Watford stats as already discussed.

As for your euro 2020 stats, why do they only show 3 matches? Ward played 4 matches and Schmeichel played 6. Specifically Ward’s 4th (and last match) is not included in your statistical analysis. Is this because he conceded 4 goals? The other team kept a clean sheet on that day - That team was Denmark and Kasper was in goal. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Ward was a disaster vs Denmark in the Euros and Schmeichel was as good as any keeper in the tournament .

Are you for real? Just picking 3 random games from a tournament in which both players played more? lol

• Like 1

Just now, funkyrobot said:

At least you agree Ward’s not in the same class.

Official premier league statistics debunk the article Watford stats as already discussed.

As for your euro 2020 stats, why do they only show 3 matches? Ward played 4 matches and Schmeichel played 6. Specifically Ward’s 4th (and last match) is not included in your statistical analysis. Is this because he conceded 4 goals? The other team kept a clean sheet on that day - That team was Denmark and Kasper was in goal. 😂

Well they don’t debunk it do they, because no one said they were high claims.

it says crosses. Are crosses only above 6ft?

Again taken from a article, don’t give me too much credit for my statistical analysis and presuming I tried to manipulate stats.

Here is the article, 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9724691/amp/Euro-2020-Danny-Ward-worth-against-Denmark-outstanding-Euros-Wales-far.html

10 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

It has to be said that Watford, a poor relegated side, fielded a team of almost all reserves that day I think. Just 3 of 9 points at the end of the season that enabled us to flatter to deceive in our 8th place finishing spot.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Not even going to start with why these stats are irrelevant 

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

It has to be said that Watford, a poor relegated side, fielded a team of almost all reserves that day I think. Just 3 of 9 points at the end of the season that enabled us to flatter to deceive in our 8th place finishing spot.

No they didn’t they, had  just 2 starting 11 players under 10 league appearances.

Also the game before was against the powerhouse that was mighty Norwich with just 2 wins in 12.

If Watford was a easy game for Ward to shine, the same could be said about the previous game for Kasper.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Well they don’t debunk it do they, because no one said they were high claims.

it says crosses. Are crosses only above 6ft?

Again taken from a article, don’t give me too much credit for my statistical analysis and presuming I tried to manipulate stats.

Here is the article, 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9724691/amp/Euro-2020-Danny-Ward-worth-against-Denmark-outstanding-Euros-Wales-far.html

That’s what you get for choosing an article a) from the daily Mail and one that b) was written mid tournament and before Wales got smashed by Denmark and in a game that Ward was poor. 
As for the stats from Watford that you are hanging Wardy’s future number one status on, the two were simple collections of the ball so aren’t statistically recorded by the premier league.

So with Danny Ward costing us 12 million back in 2018 should he now get his chance. I always thought the fee was crazy back at the time and I've not seen him in action much. 

If we don't bring in a new keeper would you go with Iverson or ward? 

3 minutes ago, supernuk said:

So with Danny Ward costing us 12 million back in 2018 should he now get his chance. I always thought the fee was crazy back at the time and I've not seen him in action much. 

If we don't bring in a new keeper would you go with Iverson or ward? 

Well, Iverson on Sunday. Ward hasn't played a minute since his injury.

• 1 month later...

Regret letting Schmeichel go?

“Firstly, it was Kasper’s opportunity. He was keen to explore that. He wanted to move on. He deserved that respect to make that choice. We didn’t have the funds to do anything but I had faith in Danny. He’s been a loyal number two. Defensively, it’s a collective. Danny’s made a couple of good saves tonight.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Regret letting Schmeichel go?

“Firstly, it was Kasper’s opportunity. He was keen to explore that. He wanted to move on. He deserved that respect to make that choice. We didn’t have the funds to do anything but I had faith in Danny. He’s been a loyal number two. Defensively, it’s a collective. Danny’s made a couple of good saves tonight.”

Had faith let's hope that was the last time we have to see him in goal for us