Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

32 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I wasn't convinced by Schmeichel for a year or two before he left, I don't think Ward is the answer, an hopefully we sign a gk in the summer. Henderson would of been ideal at the time he was available.

Could still be available in the summer if Forest get relegated/make Navas number one

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What on earth was he up to today? You'd think he'd have learnt from kneeling down on that own goal but oh no, for that Countinho scuffer he was once again a cross between kneeling and then sitting on his arse.

He's an abomination and it does  shock me that Brendan has been that stubborn over him. Its no coincidence that he's nearly off the graph on the left hand side on goalkeeping statistics this season.

It’s been 21 games for ****s sake, what does Brendan see that the rest of the world, including all the statistics, doesn’t see?

I’m genuinely baffled how any manager can start such a dire keeper for 21 games straight at this level!!

• Like 2

He scares the living daylights out of me. He gives me the sensation that I used to feel playing footy in the school playground when the ball got turned over and you were playing rush goalies. Genuinely don't think we'd be any worse off not having a keeper and playing an extra outfield player. 

Personally I'd have Iversen in the team. He hasn't looked anywhere near Ward's level of incompetence in the few Cup games he's played. He at least looks like a goalkeeper, rather than a crap unfit outfield player who's been given the goalie jersey. 

If Iversen isn't the man, then get Smithies in nets. He might not be a top class goalkeeper but he is someone who does know how to play in goal. There was a time when he was actually considered a pretty decent prospect. Admittedly those days are behind him but he honestly can't be anywhere near as bad as Ward. 

• Like 1

I really really want Ward to succeed. Especially as he won us points at Everton and Wolves. 

He's decent under a cross and can handle corners .(something we've had 10 years without) and is steady with the ball at his feet. 

But every other facet, as someone says, he looks like an amateur. We only need a steady Eddie championship GK to see us through for 17 games. But he's not that level. His goalkeeping woild look suspect at league 1 or 2.  

Just posted this in the post match thread...

Also, take Ward away from our team. Shambolic, despite the 2 decent touches he had to deflect the ball which makes him look better than he is. 

No dominance in his box, a bigger flapper than a stranded whale. No confidence to organise and instruct his defence and when we concede he just looks blank. No shouting or having a go at the players that exposed him. Just... weak. Not the right characteristics for a top GK.

I’ve shouted out involuntary a couple of times this season ‘my god he’s saved one’ - he just has so little agility - im assuming he played in goal because of his height but he seems to have very little natural ability to me - seems a top lad and no vendetta he’s just at least 2 levels below what we need

Edited by CrazyKopCorner

13 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Probably the weakest link in the team, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and him needing to build his confidence up. If things don't improve, we need to look at Iversen or a new keeper! That first goal was shambolic!!

I think we're past that at this point. We're at DEFCON 5 with this unreliable wobbler.

• Like 3

I thought he hurt himself initially as the ball hit the bar but then quickly realised it was just him being slow to get back up. It was very embarrassing for a keeper to be that slow to react.

The offside goal was also very bad, lucky it didn’t count.

First decided he was not up to it in the first few home games of the season when he was unbelievably slow to getting to a ball, I honestly thought my eyes were deceiving me and since then have not really changed my mind on him because he really is a disaster waiting to happen, sure, he will have the odd good game but imagine being a defender having to play with him behind you.

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What on earth was he up to today? You'd think he'd have learnt from kneeling down on that own goal but oh no, for that Countinho scuffer he was once again a cross between kneeling and then sitting on his arse.

He's an abomination and it does  shock me that Brendan has been that stubborn over him. Its no coincidence that he's nearly off the graph on the left hand side on goalkeeping statistics this season.

Really weird isn't it, not like we're top half and winning or drawing games whilst still conceding a few (which would still probably prompt me to try someone else)

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

he was, like a fatty stuck in a chair unable to get up

I'm 67 and I play in goal every week for a 5 a side team of mates all of which are a good 10-20 years younger than me. I get up quicker but my knees really hurt the next day. I'm not as fat as DW though.

Also, it's quite unpleasant diving on a hard wooden floor.

And I also do the other things mentioned... whisky drink, lager drink etc.

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I really really want Ward to succeed. Especially as he won us points at Everton and Wolves. 

He's decent under a cross and can handle corners .(something we've had 10 years without) and is steady with the ball at his feet. 

But every other facet, as someone says, he looks like an amateur. We only need a steady Eddie championship GK to see us through for 17 games. But he's not that level. His goalkeeping woild look suspect at league 1 or 2.  

• Haha 2