Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

45 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I am sorry but Iverson is about as much the Answer to Ward as Ward was to Kasper.

There's absolutely no way, like Ward, that Iverson is Prem quality.

What evidence have you got to back up your Iversen statement? He needs premier league game time to help make a decision. The only thing we know for sure, based on significant game time is that Ward is not the answer..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

What evidence have you got to back up your Iversen statement? He needs premier league game time to help make a decision. The only thing we know for sure, based on significant game time is that Ward is not the answer..

I'm with you there, cant really go by what we've seen in the cup games of Iversen, but bare in mind every one he played we won and didnt let a goal in(so far), even when Kasper had his bad spell's he was never as bad as Ward is, 

Ward has had enough games now, and frankly think most can see hes not upto being a number 1 at this point, 

Sad fact is BR wont give Iversen a go in the league(unless ward gets injured), while probably stupidly sell him, and he'll go somewhere else and be amazing

Ward isnt good enough but he got a fantastic glove on a dangerous cross to stop a Watkins tap in.

He'd be an excellent championship keeper. No shame in that, I hope he finds a club where he can be the number one for a long time. I just dont want it to be us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

Because right now, there's a lot of attention on Ward and although he's the weakest part of the team, there's a growing tenancy to blame him for absolutely everything.

Iverson hasn't exactly looked assuring whenever he's played.

As much as we laugh & joke about Forests machine gun signing strategy, their Navas loan is exactly what we needed and likely could have got should we have been interested.

I am not against Iverson, I just don't see him as the answer to our GK woes. A Good GK almost gives you an extra defender with their communication & organisation.

• Like 3

I don't understand how anyone can dismiss Iversen on the basis of his performances for us this season.  It's true he hasn't looked supremely confident, but that's an impossible ask for a goalie that (a) isn't given confidence from his own manager and (b) is given only spasmodic chances.  Any keeper needs a consistent run in the team (like Ward has been given!) to build up his confidence and understanding with his defence.

What you can say about Iversen is that whenever he's played he's not conceded any goals and he's been a penalty hero.  What more can he do ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I don't understand how anyone can dismiss Iversen on the basis of his performances for us this season.  It's true he hasn't looked supremely confident, but that's an impossible ask for a goalie that (a) isn't given confidence from his own manager and (b) is given only spasmodic chances.  Any keeper needs a consistent run in the team (like Ward has been given!) to build up his confidence and understanding with his defence.

What you can say about Iversen is that whenever he's played he's not conceded any goals and he's been a penalty hero.  What more can he do ?

Iversen is totally crap with his feet and I didn’t see much that made him leapfrog Ward after last week, especially his ropey final 20 mins, but Ward is get now 100% our weakest link 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7yf0w8j9dkf95t8zxk6

6 hours ago, Craig said:

His punch away whilst collapsing to the ground was my favourite Wardy moment of today.

We just need to get through to the summer and hope he gets offered a job at Morrisons or something.

Can’t wait for this season to be over, I’ll be having a heartattack watching Ward doing his trademark gollum stance and no look star jump. 

I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long while, though I am starting to think this is really him, a tidy keeper but one who doesn’t make spectacular saves like Kasper can. He has yet to save something that wowed me, like that first goal against Villa I would have expected Kasper to somehow save that. Ward so far couldnt. I am wonder if Iversen should be given a chance.

Edited by Tom12345

8 hours ago, Tanya said:

Ward isnt good enough but he got a fantastic glove on a dangerous cross to stop a Watkins tap in.

He'd be an excellent championship keeper. No shame in that, I hope he finds a club where he can be the number one for a long time. I just dont want it to be us.

You say he would make an excellent championship keeper, but if we were in the championship would you still be happy if he was our keeper? I certainly wouldn't be. 

• Like 1

Their offside goal, which Ward conceded was quite frankly embarrassing, and was poor Sunday league goalkeeping standard. Given that we seemingly had money spare to bring Harrison in during January, I think that money would have been better spent on a new Keeper. 

53 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

You say he would make an excellent championship keeper, but if we were in the championship would you still be happy if he was our keeper? I certainly wouldn't be. 

He'd be decent for a playoff pushing team. Some of the criticism of him is over the top. He is absolutely decent championship standard, makes good saves, can come out for crosses, decent with his feet. He isnt prem quality at all but that doesnt make him a bad footballer. He is a good footballer.

People want to kick a guy just for the sake of it.