Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

It’s about finding the right player. 

What I have seen of Iversen, I’m not convinced he’s any better. Both are better than the likes of Pressman, Ricardo, Douglas, Henderson, Neilsen etc

Kasper stopped the stream of dodgy keepers, after we’d had Poole, Keller, Flowers then Walker. 

We’ve had the luxury of having one of the best keepers that the Premier has ever seen. It was always going to be difficult to replace him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

Not at all. I think people say it as they see it. Certainly I like to think I do anyway. I respect your opinion, I just have a different one. Personally I think he is a bit iffy with his feet myself. He does collect the odd cross, but has flapped at, and missed a number of crosses too.. I've yet to see him make a save that I wouldn't expect a run of the mill keeper make, but have seen him concede a fair few that I would expect a run of the mill keeper to make.  In all honesty, I wouldn't be comfortable with him in goal for us, in any division. I just don't think he is a good enough keeper. That doesn't make him a bad guy, just in my opinion, a bad keeper.

He’s just average I think. 

A few that we could look at:

LaFont, needs to review handling and where he pushes his saves. 

Tzolakis

Brazão

Gaspsrini

For me though, the one I’d be looking at is Alemdar.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s about finding the right player. 

What I have seen of Iversen, I’m not convinced he’s any better. Both are better than the likes of Pressman, Ricardo, Douglas, Henderson, Neilsen etc

Kasper stopped the stream of dodgy keepers, after we’d had Poole, Keller, Flowers then Walker

We’ve had the luxury of having one of the best keepers that the Premier has ever seen. It was always going to be difficult to replace him.

Ah Ian Walker, a name I haven’t seen or heard of for years. The way he decked that fan on the pitch against Bolton(?) was fantastic lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Do you mean villa when he conceded 5?

Ah yeah probably, maybe I’m remembering Bolton as a game he made a bad cock up in? But yeah that’s why I put a ? as I wasn’t sure without looking it up. 

Edit

Yep found this from an article of worst GK mistakes!

3: Ian Walker vs Bolton – 10/02/2004

When Bolton striker Kevin Davies got on the end of a Youri Djorkaeff free kick in the Leicester City penalty area, fans thought the weak shot had been smothered by Foxes keeper Ian Walker.

Unfortunately, what happened next was a comedy of errors.

Walker drops the ball mid-roll, sending it bouncing around his own body. Eventually, he himself accidentally knocked it over his own line with his feet.

It’s like something out of a Laurel and Hardy sketch. Walker’s dejected look tells the entire story. 

Edited by LCFCJohn
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, murphy said:

Ward is clearly not the answer but I can't find any reason to criticise him for that first goal.  No keeper would have saved the shot that hit the bar and he is somehow expected to get up and save the rebound from point blank range?

He didn’t need to save the shot that hit the bar

44 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Ah yeah probably, maybe I’m remembering Bolton as a game he made a bad cock up in? But yeah that’s why I put a ? as I wasn’t sure without looking it up. 

Edit

Yep found this from an article of worst GK mistakes!

3: Ian Walker vs Bolton – 10/02/2004

When Bolton striker Kevin Davies got on the end of a Youri Djorkaeff free kick in the Leicester City penalty area, fans thought the weak shot had been smothered by Foxes keeper Ian Walker.

Unfortunately, what happened next was a comedy of errors.

Walker drops the ball mid-roll, sending it bouncing around his own body. Eventually, he himself accidentally knocked it over his own line with his feet.

It’s like something out of a Laurel and Hardy sketch. Walker’s dejected look tells the entire story. 

That was a game or two after the Villa game where he pushed the fan over. I remember him going through a spell of horrific form after the Villa game, seemed to really affect him.

The bloke gives you no confidence in anything he does and is the only keeper in the league that seems to make himself smaller when facing a shot. Everything he does just looks like half arsed, atleast with Iversen he has abit of stature about him and actually looks like he can command an area and pull off a save or two. We can clearly see Ward isnt good enough to be our number one so why dont they give Iversen a chance before they decide to spunk 30 million on a replacement? I think it would be criminal to lose Iversen this summer without giving him a proper chance

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2

Watching Danny yesterday, he makes me nervous in everything he does.. he don’t look comfortable at all. No way you can say Iverson ain’t premier league standard without giving him a chance. Iverson should have been given a chance after the dreadful first couple of months.. 

As a goalkeeper myself I've been very patient and understanding with him up to now, but he was just a total bombscare yesterday. The slow reactions for their first goal and how the disallowed Coutinho goal got through him from that angle is a complete mystery to me.

If we were to only make one signing in the summer it would have to be a new first choice goalkeeper

Apart from appearing to be tactically inept as a goalkeeper there has to be a huge confidence issue with Ward by now. I would be amazed if we are not looking at a quality replacement for next season. We are hopefully getting back to having a proper defence and they will need a quality keeper playing at his best to be marshalling them from between the posts.

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

Danny is probably not a PL first choice standard keeper but even subjectively, you can’t have supported Leicester for very long to hold this opinion? 

The issue is that our other bad keepers were part of a bad team generally. Ward is part of a very talented side so his lack of talent stands out.

7 minutes ago, kenny said:

The issue is that our other bad keepers were part of a bad team generally. Ward is part of a very talented side so his lack of talent stands out.

Massive weak link yesterday. Souttar’s OG could’ve easily been prevented by faster reactions. He doesn’t seem to have very good focus.

2 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

It’s a good job it was ruled out because that Coutinho goal would have really embarrassed him

This shite will keep happening, yesterday was “just” Villa, imagine what’s going to happen against better teams?

It must be quite mentally excruciating having Ward behind you, knowing that the opposing side can score at any given time, even with a half assed attempt. 

18 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Danny is probably not a PL first choice standard keeper but even subjectively, you can’t have supported Leicester for very long to hold this opinion? 

I've supported Leicester since the early 90s so it's not an obscene length of time but I stand by what I said.  I've not seen a worse goalkeeper in a Leicester shirt relative to the league they are in is perhaps what i should of said.

2 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

This shite will keep happening, yesterday was “just” Villa, imagine what’s going to happen against better teams?

It must be quite mentally excruciating having Ward behind you, knowing that the opposing side can score at any given time, even with a half assed attempt. 

The only guy to have made Dan Burns look like a prime Maradona.