Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

1 minute ago, BeaumontFox said:

Massive weak link yesterday. Souttar’s OG could’ve easily been prevented by faster reactions. He doesn’t seem to have very good focus.

I don’t have a clue what he’s doing in general for it, the dive he makes he’s getting nowhere near the ball to cut it out. He can see the ball is going straight to souttar and then makes a dud dive as a sort of token gesture. If he reads the game he’s got a simple catch.  
Its completely on Brendan this because he needs to be taken out of the firing line literally because he’s scared of getting in the way of shots now, iversen or even smithies can’t be this bad

1 minute ago, BeaumontFox said:

If Brendan had played Iversen yesterday, it would’ve been the strongest team we could have put out.

Brendan likes to keep it interesting, he knows what an accomplishment it’ll be to avoid relegation with Danny Ward having played every game.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

I've supported Leicester since the early 90s so it's not an obscene length of time but I stand by what I said.  I've not seen a worse goalkeeper in a Leicester shirt relative to the league they are in is perhaps what i should have said.

To be fair, that’s not what you said. 

I do agree he’s not very good though.

Edited by Leeds Fox

36 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

Brendan likes to keep it interesting, he knows what an accomplishment it’ll be to avoid relegation with Danny Ward having played every game.

I wouldn’t call it keeping it interesting, I’d call it being stubborn and not wanting to appear like he’d made the wrong decision backing him.

55 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

He is so bad, he dives backwards and out of the way of the ball. Big error not replacing him in jan. Get iversen in goal now.

I think it’s going to take him getting injured to force Brendan to change it

I like your thinking, whatever you have planned- get it done

• Like 1

Oh Danny,Danny...the pipes,the pipes are calling...

I and any more gave you the benefit of the doubt...but just too many waverings, and positioning failure,it's like trying to send in Amartey to defend you,there is no sense anymore.

Sorry lad you ain't cutting it..I hoped you would but a GK needs to build confidence,also with the fans...

This took us nearly 70yrs to get this far,

We have just had special GKs through our great,traditional,poor,bad,marvellous  & spectacular years...and the jigsaw ain't passing..

Iversen deserves his chance ,without negative repor,before he has games behind him..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Seeing Navas keep Forest in the game at the moment emphasises how important a good keeper is. He has made 3 or 4  great saves & looks very assured, Ward wouldn't have saved any of them

First one was good, others I'd expect Premier League keepers to make.

Iversen should be given a go, Ward looks slow and out of sync with the defence.

31 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Seeing Navas keep Forest in the game at the moment emphasises how important a good keeper is. He has made 3 or 4  great saves & looks very assured, Ward wouldn't have saved any of them

Can’t compare a champions league winning keeper to Ward. I don’t think we could have met his salary demands either.

2 hours ago, BeaumontFox said:

I wouldn’t call it keeping it interesting, I’d call it being stubborn and not wanting to appear like he’d made the wrong decision backing him.

Worse thing Rodgers could have said last season, when he dropped Kasper for the Watford game, was that he had two number one keepers. It meant that coming into this season, replacing Ward or dropping him would mean him admitting he had got something wrong. Not something that comes easily to Rodgers.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Worse thing Rodgers could have said last season, when he dropped Kasper for the Watford game, was that he had two number one keepers. It meant that coming into this season, replacing Ward or dropping him would mean him admitting he had got something wrong. Not something that comes easily to Rodgers.

He has now had his chance and I can only hope that Rodgers sees that he isn’t good enough sooner rather than later. I think it is worth giving Iversen a chance now 

8 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

He has now had his chance and I can only hope that Rodgers sees that he isn’t good enough sooner rather than later. I think it is worth giving Iversen a chance now 

We should have brought another keeper in, but given that we didn't, I agree that giving Iversen a chance is the next best thing. I don't think it will happen though, I just think Rodgers is too stubborn to admit he has overestimated Wards ability.

• Like 1