Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

4 hours ago, surrifox said:

The £12 mill we paid Liverpool for him will be money well spent if it prevents us ever buying anyone from them again 

To be fair to Liverpool they're very good at shifting their reserve team players on for big money: Ward £12m, Solanke £19m, Brewster £23.5m and Wilson £12m come to mind. 

Edited by Jobyfox

2 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

To be fair to Liverpool they're very good at shifting their reserve team players on for big money: Ward, Solanke and Wilson come to mind, but I'm sure there are others. 

Jordan Ibe, Ings, Lallana. That’s their business model . No need for us to be paying big money for their unwanted cack though 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

Jordan Ibe, Ings, Lallana. That’s their business model . No need for us to be paying big money for their unwanted cack though 

Man City have considerably more sales than Liverpool. In fact their net spend is currently sits them at 10th on a 5 year average.

15 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

He’s not good enough, but if I’m honest I’m not convinced Iversen would be either. Wouldn’t hurt to give him a chance though, would either give us the confirmation that we would need a new keeper or save us a good amount of money if he stepped up.

It’s sad because I don’t think Ward is the utter car crash he’s being made out to be. I think he’d be one of the better goalkeepers in the championship, but the margins are so fine in the PL and he’s simply not up to the standard of this league. 

The one thing I would say about Iversen is that he’s had 2 clean sheets in 2 games. Pulled off a fantastic penalty shootout moment early in the season and comes with glowing reports from both Rotherham and Preston fans. The ONLY person who doesn’t want to give Iversen game time  (other than Wardinho himself) is unfortunately Brendan Rodgers. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Livid said:

I don't think he is necessarily at fault for some goals we concede but I just think we could do better.

The first on Saturday, I could just see Kasper getting back up quicker and somehow making a save.

There was no need for him to over react and dive like that for a ball he was never getting close to, never seen a keeper react as slow when getting up. 
Let’s not mention coutinhos offside goal, no idea how that even went past him

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

The one thing I would say about Iversen is that he’s had 2 clean sheets in 2 games. Pulled off a fantastic penalty shootout moment early in the season and comes with glowing reports from both Rotherham and Preston fans. The ONLY person who doesn’t want to give Iversen game time  (other than Wardinho himself) is unfortunately Brendan Rodgers. 

Quite agree. I've watched Iversen play and he doesn't strike me as someone who is "bad". Could he handle top flight? Only one way to find out. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Quite agree. I've watched Iversen play and he doesn't strike me as someone who is "bad". Could he handle top flight? Only one way to find out. 

This is it, I'd play Iversen in some of the big games coming up. What's to lose, We're not expected to win them anyway.

More importantly, We need to find out before we go spending big money on a another Keeper who is also unproven at this level.

So why not give Iversen his big chance.

• Like 1

I think the club has already decided that Ward isn't the man, and maybe Iversen isn't the man either or isn't ready.  

We will be in the market in the summer without a doubt.

I suspect with a better keeper we would be 5-6 points better off. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

On 07/02/2023 at 11:04, coolhandfox said:

I think the club has already decided that Ward isn't the man, and maybe Iversen isn't the man either or isn't ready.  

We will be in the market in the summer without a doubt.

I suspect with a better keeper we would be 5-6 points better off. 

Maybe it’s worth giving Leitzig a go who also won’t be “the man” but did get POTM against Man City with 15 saves 

• Like 1

On 06/02/2023 at 14:03, funkyrobot said:

Right the games iverson has played had been a against poor opposition. Secondly do you remember Danny ward producing fantastic penalty shoot out moments the past few years (people wanted him no1 after this) look where he is now

1 minute ago, dynamark said:

Say what we like but he made several good saves v Villa.

Top many years of Kasper being top dog.and Ward is for sure better on cormers.

Lets see at the end of the season

What? Kasper wasn’t brilliant at corners but ward is not better than him at them, Brighton put one over the bar from directly underneath it and villa hit the bar on Saturday. Not to mention until Knudsen came in we were conceding from a set piece near enough every game. Not sure how that is better on corners 

33 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Say what we like but he made several good saves v Villa.

Top many years of Kasper being top dog.and Ward is for sure better on cormers.

Lets see at the end of the season

If we want to progress as a club then we need to remove Ward as our number one. He is not good enough.

• Like 1

Hey Im not convinced at all but facts say we let in 2 one no chance with the OG and the first  could be argued but he was back on his feet and Timmy didnt react quickly enough to prevent the second attempt which went in.

Kasper was always a difficult act to follow because he became a big player on and off pitch./

It was always going to be big shoes to fill because we were spoilt with Kasper who was one of the best in the world at his peak. What a massive gamble it was from the club to not have a replacement in line to replace him. Ward looked decent when he filled Kasper’s shoes every now and again but the alarm bells should have been ringing after our 4-1 thumping for Forest in the cup. 

Getting a new number one in the summer is a priority in my eyes.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

What? Kasper wasn’t brilliant at corners but ward is not better than him at them, Brighton put one over the bar from directly underneath it and villa hit the bar on Saturday. Not to mention until Knudsen came in we were conceding from a set piece near enough every game. Not sure how that is better on corners 

The Villa one that hit the bar was a neat post flick on, no keeper is coming  to intercept that lol

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

The Villa one that hit the bar was a neat post flick on, no keeper is coming  to intercept that lol

Yeah which is fair enough, but we’re still top of the goals conceded from set pieces chart and have nearly conceded from a corner in the last 2 games being my main point, so how is ward any better at corners/crosses than Schmeichel