Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

14 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Yeah which is fair enough, but we’re still top of the goals conceded from set pieces chart and have nearly conceded from a corner in the last 2 games being my main point, so how is ward any better at corners/crosses than Schmeichel

Well you criticism isn't fair enough then is it when you call him out for something that under the lightest of scrutiny you have to hold your hands up and admit wasn't actually an issue with him. We nearly conceded from a corner it was impossible for him to come and collect so whether we nearly conceded from that one or not is irrelevant to Wards ability on coming for corners.

Ward actually comes to try and collect corners, Schmeichel stated routed to his line. He's better based solely on that.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Well you criticism isn't fair enough then is it when you call him out for something that under the lightest of scrutiny you have to hold your hands up and admit wasn't actually an issue with him. We nearly conceded from a corner it was impossible for him to come and collect so whether we nearly conceded from that one or not is irrelevant to Wards ability on coming for corners.

Ward actually comes to try and collect corners, Schmeichel stated routed to his line. He's better based solely on that.

Not true though is it, just cause he tries doesn’t mean he’s better, hence why we’ve conceded at as bad if not worse a rate from set pieces. He tried to claim a corner and left his line against Brighton in the first 10 mins and they somehow missed from underneath the crossbar. 
He looks like he’s waving at planes, he just comes flying out at crosses and gets nowhere near them, I’d like to see a stat about his high claim percentage because I bet it’s not even 50%. 
Im not even denying that ward might be better than Schmeichel at claiming high balls, but he’s just not very good at anything at this level whereas Schmeichel had at times world class shot stopping to redeem himself with, ware has nothing  

18 hours ago, Buzzell said:

It was always going to be big shoes to fill because we were spoilt with Kasper who was one of the best in the world at his peak. What a massive gamble it was from the club to not have a replacement in line to replace him. Ward looked decent when he filled Kasper’s shoes every now and again but the alarm bells should have been ringing after our 4-1 thumping for Forest in the cup. 

Getting a new number one in the summer is a priority in my eyes.

I’d argue the Bournemouth game was far worse, some fundamental errors in that game you wouldn’t even see in League One football.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
3 hours ago, Mike1983 said:

I’d argue the Bournemouth game was far worse, some fundamental errors in that game you wouldn’t even see in League One football.

It wasn’t only Ward against Bournemouth though. Our whole defence were dog shit that day 

4 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Not true though is it, just cause he tries doesn’t mean he’s better, hence why we’ve conceded at as bad if not worse a rate from set pieces. He tried to claim a corner and left his line against Brighton in the first 10 mins and they somehow missed from underneath the crossbar. 
He looks like he’s waving at planes, he just comes flying out at crosses and gets nowhere near them, I’d like to see a stat about his high claim percentage because I bet it’s not even 50%. 
Im not even denying that ward might be better than Schmeichel at claiming high balls, but he’s just not very good at anything at this level whereas Schmeichel had at times world class shot stopping to redeem himself with, ware has nothing  

i think ward's pretty bad, but no keeper in the world claims anything close to 50%. the best in the league by far is emi martinez at 14.5%. those numbers are specifically crosses but i dont see them being miles higher if you change the definition

1 hour ago, blaaklint said:

i think ward's pretty bad, but no keeper in the world claims anything close to 50%. the best in the league by far is emi martinez at 14.5%. those numbers are specifically crosses but i dont see them being miles higher if you change the definition

I mean claim completion if there’s a recorded stat for that, not a total amount of crosses claimed etc just the amount that he attempts to claim and how many he successfully claims from that 

6 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

This team minus Ward and we’re back on track. It’s clear he’s the weakest link, the defenders doesn’t trust him.

He did have a decent game today but when Soutty left him the ball to deal with he should have put his foot through it.

Just now, Sampson said:

Decent game? He made 1 standard save. Had an absolutely calamitous moment when he tried to tackle Castagne and completely flapped at the ball and left Spurs with an open goal which our defence had to bail him out which led to the corner they scored from.

Honestly, why do some people continue to praise him for doing the absolute basics while completely ignoring his clangers and having to be bailed out by our defence every single game?

Not praising him so get off your high horse, he made some decent saves and collected some decent balls in at corners, he is our weakest link but he did ok today for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Decent game? He made 1 standard save. Had an absolutely calamitous moment when he tried to tackle Castagne and completely flapped at the ball and left Spurs with an open goal which our defence had to bail him out which led to the corner they scored from.

Honestly, why do some people continue to praise him for doing the absolute basics while completely ignoring his clangers and having to be bailed out by our defence every single game?

Cos we won….then evertbody takes the plaudits,because we are not arrogant dipsticks.

We are the nice guys, and Wards hand-flapping is only because he has nightmares ,because he flapped too much once, that caused a fighter pilot to break off his landing on an AC.carrier and had to ditch…

3 hours ago, TheFiveTime said:

Just thinking about the castagne ward mix up in the first half. That is totally on Ward and as a Goalkeeper myself, I would just like to explain why:

a) Ward has no right to go for it in the first place. He should see no pressure on castagne and the control castagne had on it and judge this. Its his role to make the judgement and that judgement to come out was unnecessary and poor considering he can see the entire pitch and castagne couldnt

b) I'm not sure if ward called for it or not but either way, he called for it and castagne didnt trust him (considering ward has called for it in the past and then backed off - i have witnessed that closely) in that position or he didnt call for it which would be criminal or he called for it but not loud and commanding enough - meaning castagne didnt here.

Either way, castagne was well withini his right to try and keep command of the ball and turn. ward should have backed off seeing castagne control it and knowing there wasnt extreme pressure on him but did not.

ps: If i had called out to my defender and he had done that i would have eaten him alive. gk gotta be in control of the back four because he can see entire pitch and can make the better judgements usually. the fact that ward just sat there complaining about it is not enough. weak goalie

Which school do you play for?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Not praising him so get off your high horse, he made some decent saves and collected some decent balls in at corners, he is our weakest link but he did ok today for him.

You are praising him by going into his thread to say he "had a decent game". I'm not on any "high horse" at all, why would you think that because I disagree with you? I'm just baffled as to why after every single game in which he's noticeably and clearly an accident waiting to happen, do some people still continue to praise him for doing absolutely anything at all, while ignoring anything he does wrong?

I don't think he did make "some decent saves" and "collected some decent balls in at corners" at all, I think he made one save from a free-kick which any professional keeper would be expected to save, then had 2 simple takes. Then had 2 calamitous moments, one of which led to the corner they scored from and the other was just a shambles and easily could've led to a bizarre own goal and you could see the complete lack of faith Castagne had in him afterwards and Ward had to apologise for it.

I would not call it a "decent game" at all. I think almost any professional keeper would hold their hands up and say they seriously ****ed up twice today.

That's exactly my point, some people are so desperate for him to do well that they give him praise for doing things which absolutely any professional or semi-professional keeper should be expected to do and then completely ignore his obvious clangers.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We have proven we can win,despite a weak GK…

So Danny is not to blame for our losses…:P

Ermmm. Did you watch Brighton, Everton? The hapless star jump? The failure to command his defence. The poor distribution from his area?

He's not entirely at fault but he's a ****ing liability.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

You are praising him by going into his thread to say he "had a decent game". I'm not on any "high horse" at all, why would you think that because I disagree with you? I'm just baffled as to why after every single game in which he's noticeably and clearly an accident waiting to happen, do some people still continue to praise him for doing absolutely anything at all, while ignoring anything he does wrong?

I don't think he did make "some decent saves" and "collected some decent balls in at corners" at all, I think he made one save from a free-kick which any professional keeper would be expected to save, then had 2 simple takes. Then had 2 calamitous moments, one of which led to the corner they scored from and the other was just a shambles and easily could've led to a bizarre own goal and you could see the complete lack of faith Castagne had in him afterwards and Ward had to apologise for it.

I would not call it a "decent game" at all. I think almost any professional keeper would hold their hands up and say they seriously ****ed up twice today.

That's exactly my point, some people are so desperate for him to do well that they give him praise for doing things which absolutely any professional or semi-professional keeper should be expected to do and then completely ignore his obvious clangers.

Your opinion and definitely need to get off your high horse, I've said in the past he needs to go but he did have a decent game today, being Ward he could fumbled and dropped a few chances today be he did not and desperate for him to do well, grow up, I was only desperate for him to not drop his usual clangers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Quite so. 

If he's shit, he's shit.

He could fingertip away several shots from distance. I did, back in the day. It's not about TV grabbing saves. There's so much to being a goalkeeper. Presence, command, instructing defenders. Awareness. Positioning. Anticipation. 

He has what us GK's never had in amateur football. A straight up GK coach. Why then, is he so inept?

• Like 1

Just now, Parafox said:

Quite so. 

If he's shit, he's shit.

He could fingertip away several shots from distance. I did, back in the day. It's not about TV grabbing saves. There's so much to being a goalkeeper. Presence, command, instructing defenders. Awareness. Positioning. Anticipation. 

He has what us GK's never had in amateur football. A straight up GK coach. Why then, is he so inept?

Because he is inept but even a poor goal keeper can have the occasional decent game, should be no where near our starting team but we have to put up with him because Brendan is not going to drop him, fortunately the defence has improved to help him but he is still capable of  dropping huge clangers :colder: