Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

1 minute ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

If Iversen ever was considered an option he would have had a game or two by now, best forget him.

I'm trying to forget that position altogether and am assuming it's a 10 a side game.

If you watch our defenders carefully I think they are doing the same.

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Today is a day of celebration 

why are people jumping on this thread to deliver a kicking to someone who had an alright game…

Odd…

The FT way bro, can't moan about the result or the manager tonight so gotta let off that negative energy somehow! 

He's not great but he's nowhere near the absolute car crash people make out. Below average yes. Could we do better, yes. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

The FT way bro, can't moan about the result or the manager tonight so gotta let off that negative energy somehow! 

He's not great but he's nowhere near the absolute car crash people make out. Below average yes. Could we do better, yes. 

Below average = crap 

Could do better = crap

12 minutes ago, Corky said:

First one is debatable. 

Defence have no confidence in him, he was at fault for the Castagne situation. He could see the play.

I've seen Castagne get himself tied up knots like that a few times, regardless of the keeper. If we're claiming Ward doesn't instill confidence in his defence, I doubt Castagne instills confidence in his keeper. Looked like Ward was trying to take control before Castagne dribbles round him and then trips over his own feet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I've seen Castagne get himself tied up knots like that a few times, regardless of the keeper. If we're claiming Ward doesn't instill confidence in his defence, I doubt Castagne instills confidence in his keeper. Looked like Ward was trying to take control before Castagne dribbles round him and then trips over his own feet.

It was clearly the keeper's call. 

Just now, trabuch said:

It was clearly the keeper's call. 

He comes out to kick the ball away, you see him swing his leg to clear it. Quite why Castagne decided to dribble round him, then fall over his own feet is beyond me, but I've seen him do similar when Kasper was in goal. At no point did I say it wasn't the keepers call, but he can't control Castagne can he.

• Like 2

their goal came as a direct result of his terrible starting position for the free kick, he had to scramble to tip the ball over, if he's more central he takes a couple of steps and catches the ball. The Castagne situation was all on him, he needed to either tell Castagne to play it away or put himself in a position to receive a pass and clear he did neither, in fact he nearly took Castagne out

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

their goal came as a direct result of his terrible starting position for the free kick, he had to scramble to tip the ball over, if he's more central he takes a couple of steps and catches the ball. The Castagne situation was all on him, he needed to either tell Castagne to play it away or put himself in a position to receive a pass and clear he did neither, in fact he nearly took Castagne out

Not enough is being made of his involvement in the first corner either, what on earth is he doing, Kristiansen clears the ball from in the middle of the goal. I’d have to see it back but the fact kristiansen has kneed it over from in the middle of the net suggests to me he’s nowhere near where he needs to be 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

You think he should be catching that free kick that was pretty much going over anyway lol ffs the critcism is getting beyond a joke now. Hes not a great keeper but even when he does nothing wrong hes getting called out. He's not even scrambling across, he's started pretty much centre of the goal when they take the free kick, the ball is just at such a height any goalkeeper would tip it over the bar.

He comes out to clear the ball away when Castagne takes it round him. He's taking control of the situation and Castagne is the one who creates panic.

2 hours ago, Hammo said:

He’s better than Schmeichel at two important aspects of goalkeeping:

1) Kicking

2) Claiming the ball at corners.

There - I’ve said it.

Kicking no he’s not, he’s made some serious clangers with his kicking this season. 
Corners is completely debatable because he’s often flapping or waving at planes and we’re still top of the goals conceded from set pieces stat. It was definitely Kaspers biggest weakness but I’ve seen nothing from Ward to suggest he’s better at it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Not enough is being made of his involvement in the first corner either, what on earth is he doing, Kristiansen clears the ball from in the middle of the goal. I’d have to see it back but the fact kristiansen has kneed it over from in the middle of the net suggests to me he’s nowhere near where he needs to be 

It's flicked on at the near post, where he's covering, you know incase it gets headed into to that corner of the goal. It's not come direct to the centre of the goal to be cleared by Kristensen. But as you say you'll need to watch it back, not stopped you criticising though has it lol

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

Are you forgetting the  incident at the beginning of the game with castagne?

You mean the one where he was getting there to clear the ball away and Castagne decides he's going to take it round his own keeper and then trip over his own feet?