Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

9 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I've seen Castagne get himself tied up knots like that a few times, regardless of the keeper. If we're claiming Ward doesn't instill confidence in his defence, I doubt Castagne instills confidence in his keeper. Looked like Ward was trying to take control before Castagne dribbles round him and then trips over his own feet.

There is that issue but yesterday it looked as though Ward was going to clear it, seemed to stop, Castagne had a player behind him and panicked. Not good all round but I'd blame Ward there.

Just now, Corky said:

There is that issue but yesterday it looked as though Ward was going to clear it, seemed to stop, Castagne had a player behind him and panicked. Not good all round but I'd blame Ward there.

Ward is in the motion of swinging his leg to kick the ball, he certainly didn't stop and cause Castagne to mess up. Only one player lost control and it was Castagne. 

Ward does need replacing in the summer, we all know that, buy lets not start criticising him for everything even when it's not him. I've seen Castagne have moments like that a few times even before Ward was number 1. Running back to his own goal I've seen him stumble, panic and get caught out a few times, and that situation was probably more to do with Castagne's own worrys about his own limitations in that situation than anything else. He's probably well aware he's not great facing his own goal and panicked.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Ward has now had mix ups with Fofana, Evans, Amartey, Castagne, Justin, Faes Ndidi. There's probably been others as well.

He just doesn't seem to have the authority and the clarity to be in sync  with his teammates.

Not seen a worse keeper at this level for us. Rodgers must really not rate Iversen either.

Not relevant to an individual situation though. In this one, Castagne, who has messed up numerous times himself regardless of who's in goal, is the one who causes the chaos. I'm not saying Ward doesn't need replacing, I'm not saying he's a great keeper, I'm just saying let's not put everything on him when it's not always his fault.

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ward has now had mix ups with Fofana, Evans, Amartey, Castagne, Justin, Faes Ndidi. There's probably been others as well.

He just doesn't seem to have the authority and the clarity to be in sync  with his teammates.

Not seen a worse keeper at this level for us. Rodgers must really not rate Iversen either.

Fully expect a new No. 1 keeper to be brought in during the summer

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I wouldn't be suprised if Iversen gets the nod soon (maybe if he has a good showing against Blackburn). We beat a top 4 team yesterday, and Brendan went out of his way to criticize Ward in his post-game comments. If the majority backline is knocking on the manager's door to say the GK isn't up to snuff (which I can imagine happening), you have to make the switch.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Problem is Iverson has looked totally convincing when given a chance and has no experience at a high level. Ward isnt great, but a better option than Iverson at the moment. Dont fancy gambling on Iverson making the step up from what ive seen of him

He's not conceded a goal yet for us and was player of the year in the Championship for Preston. I'm sure there's reasons why they think Ward is the better choice but there's no evidence that the fans have seen surely.

• Like 1

How can that be anyone other than Ward’s fault? He sees the whole play in front of him. He has to call it, Timmy is running back, so he does not see enough. Ward has to take control and tell Castagne what to ply surely?

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 4

From what I’ve seen of both keepers, watching Iversen on tv occasionally in the championship, I’d argue that Ward and him are of the same ability with the ball. Perhaps Ward is even slightly better at this aspect of his game! Nonetheless, Iversen for all the traditional goalkeeper qualities, shotstopping, command of box(catching crosses, dominating his defence and opposition), I would happily argue he is so much better than Ward. Further the intangible quality of feeling safer with him between the sticks, it’s a no brainier that Iversen wins hands down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

How can that be anyone other than Ward’s fault? He sees the whole play in front of him. He has to call it, Timmy is running back, so he does not see enough. Ward has to take control and tell Astahne what to ply surely?

Yeah I have to agree, I'm blaming Ward for the majority of that.

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

How can that be anyone other than Ward’s fault? He sees the whole play in front of him. He has to call it, Timmy is running back, so he does not see enough. Ward has to take control and tell Castagne what to ply surely?

He does take control, he's literally in the motion of kicking the ball away lol

Players make strange decisions when they have no faith in the keeper.

Like Wout against Liverpool, probably heard Wards shout but still felt he had to deal with it.

Ward should be taking control and tell Castange what to do.

Ward has the whole picture,Castange doesn't.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

He does take control, he's literally in the motion of kicking the ball away lol

You think Castagne takes it away from him? Ward stood still but does shape to kick it, but he did not move to clear it and I saw no evidence a shout had been made.

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You think Castagne takes it away from him? Ward stood still but does shape to kick it, but he did not move to clear it and I saw no evidence a shout had been made.

He's swings his leg to kick to kick the ball, how much more movement do you want? Castagne literally knocks the ball past Ward, at the moment he's making the action to kick the ball, so yes he does take it away from him. Whether Ward shouted is pure speculation as we can't hear, but he was getting pelters for not calling for it when Faes scores the OG at Liverpool, but there's actually evidence he did and people still said he didn't and blamed him for Faes's mistake. Just feel its getting beyond the joke now. Hes not a great keeper, but he's not responsible for every mistake every other defender makes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I wouldn't be suprised if Iversen gets the nod soon (maybe if he has a good showing against Blackburn). We beat a top 4 team yesterday, and Brendan went out of his way to criticize Ward in his post-game comments. If the majority backline is knocking on the manager's door to say the GK isn't up to snuff (which I can imagine happening), you have to make the switch.

he did? what did he say?