Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Issue is if Iversen comes in and struggles you’ve ruined Ward’s confidence so you can’t switch back again. IMO Ward needs to have a couple absolute shockers for Brendan to consider the switch

Problem is he’s had more shockers than he’s had good games and it’s never looked likely that the switch will be made. Rodgers doesn’t rate Iversen for whatever reason so unfortunately we’re stuck with the wheely bin til at least the summer

5 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

At 2'10"  He doesn't even say his name, just "the goalkeeper"

Think this will be the route he goes down when he has the discussion with Ward that he's being replaced. He will say he doesn't fit his style, when he actually just wants to say you're absolutely ****ing shit

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Problem is he’s had more shockers than he’s had good games and it’s never looked likely that the switch will be made. Rodgers doesn’t rate Iversen for whatever reason so unfortunately we’re stuck with the wheely bin til at least the summer

I don’t think he’s had many shockers he’s just consistently 5/10 but we all know Brendan doesn’t like a risk 

14 hours ago, MPH said:

Are you forgetting the  incident at the beginning of the game with castagne?

No I'm not forgetting that. Again his timing was correct as he would have collected the Ball if Castagne hadn't touched it.

Maybe he called for it and Castagne didn't hear him. They both looked silly at the time but these things happen in games.

I'm not his bigget fan but I do think he's getting better even if it's in small margins.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Parafox said:

It's not just based on this game. Have you actually seen us live or on MOTD?

He's a total liability and has reasons for us doing so poorly in so many defeats.

Pro defenders don't trust him. Supporters don't trust him. 

How can we "give the bloke a break", exactly?

l am a season ticket holder, plus go a few away games, apart from Iverson who played a few cup games, who are we replacing him with at the moment?

35 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

He's quite shit, but he's not that bad tbh.

I strongly disagree. We seem to get comments like this after games where he doesn’t have to do much. 

i’ve never seen a top league keeper so inept on a 1 v 1 situation.  He looks lost, never seems to know what to commit to, he’s easy to just take it round. He flaps if they shoot.   I just think he’s a strikers dream and in truth that’s probably the part of the game a keeper earns their pay. save 1 out of 3 1 v1s and how many points does that earn your side over a season.  Genuinely could have been pushing for top 7 if kasper had stayed but we all knew he’d have to go eventually :(

I can’t understand people thinking he’s not that bad after games he’s made a few routine saves.  It is what it is until the end of the season, but we’ll still lose plenty because of him 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Blueman1967 said:

l am a season ticket holder, plus go a few away games, apart from Iverson who played a few cup games, who are we replacing him with at the moment?

Well, obviously we're not. That's something for the future. He isn't good enough to be a 1st team PL keeper. 

Don't you agree?

22 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I strongly disagree. We seem to get comments like this after games where he doesn’t have to do much. 

i’ve never seen a top league keeper so inept on a 1 v 1 situation.  He looks lost, never seems to know what to commit to, he’s easy to just take it round. He flaps if they shoot.   I just think he’s a strikers dream and in truth that’s probably the part of the game a keeper earns their pay. save 1 out of 3 1 v1s and how many points does that earn your side over a season.  Genuinely could have been pushing for top 7 if kasper had stayed but we all knew he’d have to go eventually :(

I can’t understand people thinking he’s not that bad after games he’s made a few routine saves.  It is what it is until the end of the season, but we’ll still lose plenty because of him 

Quite so.

The odd spectacular (but routine) fingertip save looks good, but if the basics are weak, the player is weak.

He's weak.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

No I'm not forgetting that. Again his timing was correct as he would have collected the Ball if Castagne hadn't touched it.

Maybe he called for it and Castagne didn't hear him. They both looked silly at the time but these things happen in games.

I'm not his bigget fan but I do think he's getting better even if it's in small margins.

I just  don’t know if we can afford to keep waiting for him to get better…

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I watched it back as I replied and I just watched it again. Ward is on the edge of the box, I'm looking at it right now. The ball never enters the box, so quite how Castagne or yourself thought Ward would collect it is a mystery. As Castagne is dithering Ward steps forward to clears the ball away, at the point the ball is about a yard outside the area, that's when Castagne decides to dribble round him. If Castagnes issue was that we has waiting for Ward, then why did they nearly trip over each other? Wasn't waiting much was he if they were almost bumping into each other at the point Castagne had his brain fart. Its quite clear that Castagne took a bad touch the ball is rolling back towards the goal, Ward has advanced to the edge of the box to deal with it, as he reaches the ball and swings his leg to clear the ball, his defender decides to take the ball round him.

it doesn’t matter if the ball never enters the box, take control of the situation, be decisive and clear the ball!  Just get rid.  You don’t wait for the last second for it to be trickling towards you!

Edited by MPH

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

it doesn’t matter if the ball never enters the box, take control of the situation, be decisive and clear the ball!  Just get rid.  You don’t wait for the last second for it to be trickling towards you!

You said Castagne was waiting for him to collect, which is why I pointed that out. He does take control, he's there swinging his foot to clear until Castagne takes it past him. The only indecisive one was was Castagne. 

Look he's not a great keeper, but can we not start putting other players errors on him. As I said earlier there were people putting Faes's OG on him because apparently he didn't shout for it so isn't taking control. When there was irrefutable evidence that he did shout, he still got the blame for another players error. Just getting beyond the joke the levels of criticism that even other players mistakes are put on him. Even when he's there swinging to kick the ball away, it's his fault Castagne takes it off his toe.

Yeah, he's not a great keeper, yeah we need a new one in the summer, but some of you need to adjust your view because not everything is on him.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

He's swings his leg to kick to kick the ball, how much more movement do you want? Castagne literally knocks the ball past Ward, at the moment he's making the action to kick the ball, so yes he does take it away from him. Whether Ward shouted is pure speculation as we can't hear, but he was getting pelters for not calling for it when Faes scores the OG at Liverpool, but there's actually evidence he did and people still said he didn't and blamed him for Faes's mistake. Just feel its getting beyond the joke now. Hes not a great keeper, but he's not responsible for every mistake every other defender makes.

I do not think he is anywhere near as bad as is made out, but I still think he was 100% at fault for the the mix up. :D

22 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I do not think he is anywhere near as bad as is made out, but I still think he was 100% at fault for the the mix up. :D

And I think you 100% wrong. How can he be 100% at fault when he is there taking control and his own player stops him from doing so? Castagne is 100% at fault, he's the one who takes needless action and nearly scores an OG. People are simultaneously saying he should have held back to receive a pass but also should have come out quicker. The fact he's there in the action to clear it says he did the second one and his defender stopped him completing it. But remember this is the keeper who got the blame for both Faes and Souttars OGs lol one was the defender messing up, the other a huge deflection. Someone also complained he didn't do anything last week when Buendia flicked a corner on at the near post (not an area any keeper is going to try go, it was flicked over everyone and hit the bar on the far side of the goal). I'm not sure if he should have left the goal completely to battle through all the players at the front post, lept 15ft in the air to catch the looping header, or magically transport himself to the far post to sit on the bar like a gnome on a toadstool ready to catch the ball before it hit the bar. Probably all three in most fans mind.

Edited by Facecloth

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

And I think you 100% wrong. How can he be 100% at fault when he is there taking control and his own player stops him from doing so? Castagne is 100% at fault, he's the one who takes needless action and nearly scores an OG. But remember this is the keeper who got the blame for both Faes and Souttars OGs lol one was the defender messing up, the other a huge deflection. Someone also complained he didn't do anything last week when Buendia flicked a corner on at the near post (not an area any keeper is going to try go, it was flicked over everyone and hit the bar on the far side of the goal). I'm not sure if he should have left the goal completely to battle through all the players at the front post, lept 15ft in the air to catch the looping header, or magically transport himself to the far post to sit on the bar like a gnome on a toadstool ready to catch the ball before it hit the bar. Probably all three in most fans mind.

Not a fan of it, he gets plenty of “Not Kasper” criticism which whilst understandable is also unreasonable.

Anyway back on topic, goalkeepers need to own the box and tell them defending bitches who’s the boss, so like I correctly identified.  :D  It’s on Danny in this instance

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not a fan of it, he gets plenty of “Not Kasper” criticism which whilst understandable is also unreasonable.

Anyway back on topic, goalkeepers need to own the box and tell them defending bitches who’s the boss, so like I correctly identified.  :D  It’s on Danny in this instance

Prove he didn't tell Castagne to leave it and Castagne, because he shite, panicked, like he has done in the past regardless of the keeper, and took it off Ward. Castagne is awful running back towards his own goal and often panics in these situations, always getting his feet in a tangle, not clearing the ball, getting it taken off him. We've heard audio from other matches that Ward is vocal and will shout for the ball and we've seen Castagne with other keepers get in a mess. So the most likely thing we can say from all the evidence is that Ward most likely called for the ball and went to clear it, but Castagne panicked and nearly messed up.

11 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Prove he didn't tell Castagne to leave it and Castagne, because he shite, panicked, like he has done in the past regardless of the keeper, and took it off Ward. Castagne is awful running back towards his own goal and often panics in these situations, always getting his feet in a tangle, not clearing the ball, getting it taken off him. We've heard audio from other matches that Ward is vocal and will shout for the ball and we've seen Castagne with other keepers get in a mess. So the most likely thing we can say from all the evidence is that Ward most likely called for the ball and went to clear it, but Castagne panicked and nearly messed up.

Think neither of us can draw a conclusion on the available evidence tbh, maybe that I quite like Timmy and you are not a fan!

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think neither of us can draw a conclusion on the available evidence tbh, maybe that I quite like Timmy and you are not a fan!

I don't mind either player, but I can be fair enough to see when one had made an error and the other hasn't. Ward is much maligned and in some cases rightly receives criticism, but let's not give him other player criticism too. As you admit you quite like the one player in this scenario, so I'd say you're judgement is clouded. I would say we can concluded from the previous game evidence I posted and the images of this instance that Ward is vocal and prepared to command a situation (whether is always the right choice and if he's always successful is another matter), and Castagne is a panicy player who loses composure in situations like this.

I would definitely say on a whole the fan base give Castagne a free ride and Ward gets torn apart, but they are both probably equally as bad as each other and are the weakest players in the team. But I think as a fan bases we should be giving credit where its due too, which we are terrible at doing. There are players who can do no right and players who get a free ride. 

28 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Castagne is a better player than Ward is a goalkeeper, Ward is the weakest link in the team at present, we have all seen enough errors, to see that, Iversen should be given a chance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2