Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SINGING SECTION TRIALS

Have just installed singing section in front of my TV, I've also included a standing section too by parking my zimmer frame in front of the sofa...looking forward to the atmosphere on Sunday :scarf:

27 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

You come across as very desperate for nothing to change and the section to be a failure so to speak. I think you’ll be disappointed - UFS front of the section and that will naturally mean everyone in behind will get more involved and if there’s people like yourself there who have decided to stay in hoping it will be the same as it is now you’re only going to be disappointed and give yourself something to complain about going forward (after all club have given you the chance to move so doubt they’ll be interested in complaints).

I’m just pointing out that the 50 people that are there at the min aren’t going to be joined by another 650 people. 

14 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I’m just pointing out that the 50 people that are there at the min aren’t going to be joined by another 650 people. 

Isn’t it until Monday 30th that people have to renew and sign up for the section? I would suggest there will be more than 650 who want to move over.

3 hours ago, K1FOX said:

Isn’t it until Monday 30th that people have to renew and sign up for the section? I would suggest there will be more than 650 who want to move over.

Correct but only if free seats are available - I pointed out that only 40 people so far have moved out 

3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Correct but only if free seats are available - I pointed out that only 40 people so far have moved out 

More fool them if you ask me. Won’t be seeing much sat down behind standers at front and won’t have a foot to stand on to complain either. Will just be delaying there eventual moving by a season or two.

1 hour ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Because some of ours have had that seat since the ground opened and feel a deep deep attachment to said seat. Many I believe have the seat as their phone screen saver and show pictures of it to friends and family.

They also give it a name and take it a present at Christmas. Don’t for one second think that there are 31,999 very similar seats in the ground because that is strictly not true and they should be able to keep the seat forever. A plastic seat is for life not just for 90 minutes on a Saturday/Sunday.

See people find this comment funny but the reality is that people have sat in SK1 since the ground was built and are happy with there routine and the club are happy to upset them to accommodate for UFS. It’s the way the club have handled it that’s pissed me off. I don’t mind moving but they haven’t made it easy for people to move, especially in my case that involves moving my Grandad. The fact that the ticket office isn’t open today, even though online it says it’s open the day before match days, takes this biscuit so I’ve got to email the club, set up a meeting on a working day and sort it out. 

Nobody can argue about making the atmosphere better. It’s just the way the club are handling it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

See people find this comment funny but the reality is that people have sat in SK1 since the ground was built and are happy with there routine and the club are happy to upset them to accommodate for UFS. It’s the way the club have handled it that’s pissed me off. I don’t mind moving but they haven’t made it easy for people to move, especially in my case that involves moving my Grandad. The fact that the ticket office isn’t open today, even though online it says it’s open the day before match days, takes this biscuit so I’ve got to email the club, set up a meeting on a working day and sort it out. 

Nobody can argue about making the atmosphere better. It’s just the way the club are handling it.

That’s very fair. It has been quite rushed too, there’s deadlines obviously but they could have been more proactive about moving fans into other seats 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Stadt said:

That’s very fair. It has been quite rushed too, there’s deadlines obviously but they could have been more proactive about moving fans into other seats 

Exactly. It’s great to see a movement which will make the ground more of a fortress because we’ve missed that over the last few seasons. There was always going to be repercussions with this but it is a positive movement. The club could have done it better as it seems very much rushed but once this is all settled I’m sure the singing section will become a very successful area in the ground.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

You see, this just isn't entirely true. I have no affiliation to UFS and have constantly pestered the club for this for years. They're accommodating people like me, who just wants to stand at home games and sing with a few hundred others with the same idea. Nothing more, nothing less.  

That said, I do hope you get your situation sorted and hope the club help you out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

You see, this just isn't entirely true. I have no affiliation to UFS and have constantly pestered the club for this for years. They're accommodating people like me, who just wants to stand at home games and sing with a few hundred others with the same idea. Nothing more, nothing less.  

That said, I do hope you get your situation sorted and hope the club help you out.

Ok maybe it came across the wrong way and I understand from your POV about standing/joining into a singing section which is very understandable. I’ve spoken to a few people now sitting within SK1 that have to move and feel it’s more of a move to accommodate UFS, especially if it’s true that the lower area of the singing section, in which I currently sit, has been prioritised for UFS. That hasn’t actually been confirmed by either UFS or the club, just hearsay, but it comes across that it’s being suited to their needs and not the current crop of fans that are within that area. 

I can’t understand the logic of having the singing section at other end of the ground to where the away fans are. The amount of smoke grenades and flairs, are making it dangerous for the kids. The whole stadium needs flipping and rail seating setup in the existing family stand. 

12 minutes ago, Paddy Gresley said:

We had decided to move our seats from SK1, basically because I don’t want to stand up for 90 minutes, other people do, and best wishes to them, I hope the singing section takes off and does well.

i e-mailed the club with my/our concerns, they responded positively, we went to the ground yesterday, and met Jim, he gave us a variety of options, as to what seats are available, we could go and sit in the respective seats, to have a look and see what we thought.

Eventually we chose 5 seats in SK4, so if you have concerns about/or where to move, just contact the club, and I’m sure they will help you out.

That’s great news to hear. I’ve also heard this chap named Jim is sorting everyone out with moving out of SK1 so I will be hoping to meet him to sort out my seats.

8 minutes ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

I can’t understand the logic of having the singing section at other end of the ground to where the away fans are. The amount of smoke grenades and flairs, are making it dangerous for the kids. The whole stadium needs flipping and rail seating setup in the existing family stand. 

Tbf they could do with introducing some sort of singing sections in all three corners of the ground so that an atmosphere is created around the whole ground.

18 minutes ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

If only someone had thought of that before :rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

That’s great news to hear. I’ve also heard this chap named Jim is sorting everyone out with moving out of SK1 so I will be hoping to meet him to sort out my seats.

Do you know his email to do this?

I think best to get in contact if you want to move.

7 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Do you know his email to do this?

I think best to get in contact if you want to move.

I don’t know his direct email but I’ve been told just emailing the club with the issue of relocating out of SK1 will grab his attention. 

I’ll get in touch with them. I’m sure it will be, hopefully, an easy process.

21 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

I don’t know his direct email but I’ve been told just emailing the club with the issue of relocating out of SK1 will grab his attention. 

I’ll get in touch with them. I’m sure it will be, hopefully, an easy process.

Jim has played blinders for me in the past when I’ve gone to games when attending with a wheelchair user, particularly in the league winning season. Got me right in close to atmospheric areas of the ground and I’ve had a ball.

I’m sure the club will sort you out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I’ve ended up in more expensive seats with a better view - all in all a good result. One of the 40 or so, so far, that have moved 

Just out of curiosity, where have you moved to?