Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SINGING SECTION TRIALS

7 hours ago, GlennyFox55 said:

Anyway, this doesn’t need to and shouldn’t become a polarising issue, it’s all about improving the atmosphere for all, i think everyone know there needs to be a proper home section on top of what we have already have  in L1.

Theres always going to plenty fans who just want to watch the footy.

Important thing is we accommodate everyone.

Oh Glenny, what are you doing to me! I`m trying to retire from this thread, and now you`ve gone and poked me with a stick again. :doh:

First of all your theory on this doesn`t need to be a polarising issue!

Tell that to the fans, who certain other fans, some on this forum, want to basically  bully out of a seat they`ve probably had for years, maybe since the club moved to the stadium.

You may think that bully is a strong word, but we have already heard members on this very forum say that if they dont move seats, then they will have to stand or not see the game!

That sounds a bit like bullying to me, trying to force someone to their will.  Not really a good trait to have.

That is a pretty strong and polarising view right there that is coming from that side of things, compared to say the fans who dont want to move seat because they are happy where they are.

You say that everyone knows there needs to be a proper home section on top of what we have in L1, but it`s already there, SK2 AND SK3 sing, it`s just that often the union fs boys want to sing their own songs. i`ve often heard two different songs being sung at the same time, sk2 and 3, then guess what, the union fs singing something completely different.

Oh and by the way, i have also seen and heard the other fans singing in SK1 too, maybe they are not jumping around bare chested swirling their shirts around their head, but i wasn`t aware that, that is what made a true football fan.

It is possible to sit and sing you know, so visually it might not look as good, but vocally they still sing.

We do get good atmospheres at the stadium at times too, but often it`s driven by what is going on on the pitch and that, despite what others are saying,  is the same for most clubs.

The union fs guys are currently always moaning about being hassled by the stewards, not really a good look to the hierarchy, when you are hoping they chuck other fans out of their seat so that you can have them for yourselves. 

I would think the club would rather have less that may cause them hassle not more.

As someone said earlier, the union fs have been great doing the food banks, and i actually thank them for doing the tiffos, alot of time and hard work will go into that, but i`m sorry but they do come across as if they seem to think they are the elite fans, the ultras of Leicester City, but they are not, the club does not revolve around them and what they want.

Well anyway, AGAIN, i have been dragged into this thread, against my better judgement, and want to retire from it permanantly. We have a game to go too. Up the City :scarf:

Peace and Love to all :wub:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Oh Glenny, what are you doing to me! I`m trying to retire from this thread, and now you`ve gone and poked me with a stick again. :doh:

Tell that to the fans, who certain other fans, some on this forum, want to basically  bully out of a seat they`ve probably had for years, maybe since the club moved to the stadium.

You may think that bully is a strong word, but we have already heard members on this very forum say that if they dont move seats, then they will have to stand or not see the game!

That sounds a bit like bullying to me, trying to force someone to their will.  Not really a good trait to have.

That is a pretty strong and polarising view right there that is coming from that side of things, compared to say the fans who dont want to move seat because they are happy where they are.

You say that everyone knows there needs to be a proper home section on top of what we have in L1, but it`s already there, SK2 AND SK3 sing, it`s just that often the union fs boys want to sing their own songs. i`ve often heard two different songs being sung at the same time, sk2 and 3, then guess what, the union fs singing something completely different.

Oh and by the way, i have also seen and heard the other fans singing in SK1 too, maybe they are not jumping around bare chested swirling their shirts around their head, but i wasn`t aware that, that is what made a true football fan.

It is possible to sit and sing you know, so visually it might not look as good, but vocally they still sing.

We do get good atmospheres at the stadium at times too, but often it`s driven by what is going on on the pitch and that, despite what others are saying,  is the same for most clubs.

The union fs guys are currently always moaning about being hassled by the stewards, not really a good look to the hierarchy, when you are hoping they chuck other fans out of their seat so that you can have them for yourselves. 

I would think the club would rather have less that may cause them hassle not more.

As someone said earlier, the union fs have been great doing the food banks, and i actually thank them for doing the tiffos, alot of time and hard work will go into that, but i`m sorry but they do come across as if they seem to think they are the elite fans, the ultras of Leicester City, but they are not, the club does not revolve around them and what they want.

Well anyway, AGAIN, i have been dragged into this thread, against my better judgement, and want to retire from it permanantly. We have a game to go too. Up the City :scarf:

SK2 and SK3 sing once a game, if that. 

Not too sure about this whole 'singing something different on purpose' thing either. If anything can be heard from SK1 its joined in with straight away. Everyone wants our stadium to be loud and intimidating ffs noones standing there going 'nah that's come from SK2 lads stay quiet'.

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

No ones bullying anyone. If the club come out and say a certain area is now part of a singing section, you can renew in here or have first opportunity to move then nobody else but that person is to blame if they choose to stay where they are.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

1) You are not owed a seat. I don’t care if you’ve been in it since 2004, you ultimately rent a seat season-by-season and I’m sure the small print would say you’re not even guaranteed that seat if they really wanted to move you. Renewing the same seat is ultimately a privilege granted not a right. 

It's this kind of attitude that's really going to damage the credibility of this cause. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

It's this kind of attitude that's really going to damage the credibility of this cause. 

He’s right though, I was moved out of my seat for Champions league games away from my mates and it’s not the end of the world. 

9 minutes ago, Munshi said:

He’s right though, I was moved out of my seat for Champions league games away from my mates and it’s not the end of the world. 

I don't actually disagree - he is right and the club do have the ability to move whoever they want. It's more the attitude that I am making a point about. Personally I don't think it's the right approach.

23 hours ago, Houdini Logic said:

I don't actually disagree - he is right and the club do have the ability to move whoever they want. It's more the attitude that I am making a point about. Personally I don't think it's the right approach.

I apologise if it comes across quite blunt but removing the singing section from it, it’s still highly likely seats are moved following the capacity increase. For example I don’t expect L1 to last long. We’re extremely fortunate that, even if it’s quite bland as is, that Filbert Way doesn’t have a bad seat in the house, and you’re gonna get a decent view wherever you sit. It’s better for folks’ own good they accept that the seat isn’t “their’s” and that moves can and will likely happen, and that it ain’t exactly a great tragedy even if you have some kind of attachment to where you’re sat.

• Like 1