Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SINGING SECTION TRIALS

24 minutes ago, Rigga said:

So I sit in one of these seats and have done for years, yet can not have this seat …

im happy to stay there, but can not be guaranteed this seat anyway it seems… 

No you can't be guaranteed the seat you've had for years, but you can still sit in that section, and if I read it right, you will actually be able to buy your ticket a day before others who have applied to go in there, which is a bit bizzarre, because if everyone already in those seats applys for that section and buys their ticket the day before they go to others who have applied and want to move there, then basically there will be hardly any spare seats for those that want to move there anyway. Which is the end of the singing section as they want it. All a bit strange. They are basically hoping that people currently in those seats don't apply and buy tickets, otherwise the whole thing is screwed. 

I'm quick to lay into the middle management when they make seeminly poor decisions. Fair play to them on this one though. committing to a season is fantastic. A victory for the people campaigning for it and hopefully both the fans and clubs see the benefits of having a section of the ground that should be looking to get behind the boys for 90 minutes.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I'm quick to lay into the middle management when they make seeminly poor decisions. Fair play to them on this one though. committing to a season is fantastic. A victory for the people campaigning for it and hopefully both the fans and clubs see the benefits of having a section of the ground that should be looking to get behind the boys for 90 minutes.

Yeah credit where it is due.

Im not convinced their sales plan is full proof for this but I guess only time will tell.

Overall it is a big step forward.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Gotta feel for Tommy G haven’t ya 😂

Well not really, because he can apply to stay in that section, and buy his ticket a day before those that want to relocate there. If Tommy and all the others, or even many of the others do that, the singing section will not be the singing section you are hoping for.  You basically still need the current season ticket holders to choose to move. It's interesting, because by doing it the way they have, they cant be accused of chucking people out of their seat, or at least that particular section, because the ones that are there  have all got the chance to go back there a day before anyone else can buy tickets in that section. Quite clever really, although if all the people currently housed in that section are clever too and apply for thar area, it won't really be a singing section. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Well not really, because he can apply to stay in that section, and buy his ticket a day before those that want to relocate there. If Tommy and all the others, or even many of the others do that, the singing section will not be the singing section you are hoping for.  You basically still need the current season ticket holders to choose to move. It's interesting, because by doing it the way they have, they cant be accused of chucking people out of their seat, or at least that particular section, because the ones that are there  have all got the chance to go back there a day before anyone else can buy tickets in that section. Quite clever really, although if all the people currently housed in that section are clever too and apply for thar area, it won't really be a singing section. 

Surely all the people who currently sit there won’t want to be standing for 90 minutes though? I guess it’ll slowly phase them out eventually maybe after a couple of games

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Disappointed we may have a decent side and a singing section next year. There's going to be nothing for fans to fall out about.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

So, as I read it, I’m a part of the “affected seats”, and even though I want to stay where I am, I am not guaranteed my actual seat, I may be moved to somewhere else in the section? I don’t want to move even a few rows….

I’m hoping I’m reading it wrong………..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

What a step forward. Please let the club know how thrilled you are, even if it's just a line. I had genuinely just about given up on going to home games until this.

[email protected]

[email protected] 

P,s, I'm absolutely blocked by Susan's email but there you go.

There is a specific email address on this they mention in the press release.

11 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Disappointed we may have a decent side and a singing section next year. There's going to be nothing for fans to fall out about.

We’ll find something, we always do. 

4 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Surely all the people who currently sit there won’t want to be standing for 90 minutes though? I guess it’ll slowly phase them out eventually maybe after a couple of games

Well you say that, but if they all apply for that area and all renew, there will be no singing section, because they get first dibs. If you read it, it says those who have registered an interest in moving to that area, will have the chance to move their the day after the current season ticket holders have had their chance to buy tickets there, and what is left will go to them. So what I'm saying is, if all the current season ticket holders in that section renew in that section, then they wont have to stand all game anyway, because there won't be hardly any newcomers in the section. 

3 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Well you say that, but if they all apply for that area and all renew, there will be no singing section, because they get first dibs. If you read it, it says those who have registered an interest in moving to that area, will have the chance to move their the day after the current season ticket holders have had their chance to buy tickets there, and what is left will go to them. So what I'm saying is, if all the current season ticket holders in that section renew in that section, then they wont have to stand all game anyway, because there won't be hardly any newcomers in the section. 

I don’t reckon everyone’s as attached to their seat to do this as you pal 

In the interests of better atmosphere, the club ought to relocate those non-singers in SK1 and perhaps they could appease slightly by charging them the existing ST charge. Ultimately, the great thing about the KP is the view is decent all round the ground.

Longer term, as I mentioned before, if we got the back 10 rows of SK1-4 as singing, that would transfer across fairly well.

19 minutes ago, City1884 said:

So, as I read it, I’m a part of the “affected seats”, and even though I want to stay where I am, I am not guaranteed my actual seat, I may be moved to somewhere else in the section? I don’t want to move even a few rows….

I’m hoping I’m reading it wrong………..

Thoughts and prayers brother

• Haha 1