Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SINGING SECTION TRIALS

9 minutes ago, City1884 said:

So, as I read it, I’m a part of the “affected seats”, and even though I want to stay where I am, I am not guaranteed my actual seat, I may be moved to somewhere else in the section? I don’t want to move even a few rows….

I’m hoping I’m reading it wrong………..

Again you see, its right, you are not guaranteed your seat as such, but as someone currently in the affected area, to stay in that section you will have to apply sometime from may 17 until another time I can't remember lol. Then you will gen be given a chance to buy a ticket in that section a day before anyone from outside that section who wants to move there. Now I'm guessing that anyone who is in that section already and wants to stay there, will automatically renew in their current seat anyway, so you will probably be fine.  Basically this singing section, despite all the big fanfare from some, only actually comes a thing if a significant number of current season ticket holders in that affected are decide to move. If they don't, and there is a fair chance alot won't, then it don't really become the singing section they hoped for.  For it to properly work, the club had to make all those seats available first come first serve on the same day. They've not done that because they don't want to be accused of chucking people out of  seats thar they may have had for years

21 minutes ago, City1884 said:

So, as I read it, I’m a part of the “affected seats”, and even though I want to stay where I am, I am not guaranteed my actual seat, I may be moved to somewhere else in the section? I don’t want to move even a few rows….

I’m hoping I’m reading it wrong………..

Get practising your singing in the shower then. Anyone not joining in that area of the ground will get some solid blue on blue abuse. 

8 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Well you say that, but if they all apply for that area and all renew, there will be no singing section, because they get first dibs. If you read it, it says those who have registered an interest in moving to that area, will have the chance to move their the day after the current season ticket holders have had their chance to buy tickets there, and what is left will go to them. So what I'm saying is, if all the current season ticket holders in that section renew in that section, then they wont have to stand all game anyway, because there won't be hardly any newcomers in the section. 

Are you going to mobilise those that don't want to move? Stick together and piss off the majority (90% of respondents)? Come on, get a grip. 

All together now, we shall not, we shall not be moved. :D

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Get practising your singing in the shower then. Anyone not joining in that area of the ground will get some solid blue on blue abuse. 

Ooh get you, youre hard!  That would be called bullying which is not a good trait to have, but it takes all sorts to make the world up I suppose. :P

Edited by smudger63

5 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Again you see, its right, you are not guaranteed your seat as such, but as someone currently in the affected area, to stay in that section you will have to apply sometime from may 17 until another time I can't remember lol. Then you will gen be given a chance to buy a ticket in that section a day before anyone from outside that section who wants to move there. Now I'm guessing that anyone who is in that section already and wants to stay there, will automatically renew in their current seat anyway, so you will probably be fine.  Basically this singing section, despite all the big fanfare from some, only actually comes a thing if a significant number of current season ticket holders in that affected are decide to move. If they don't, and there is a fair chance alot won't, then it don't really become the singing section they hoped for.  For it to properly work, the club had to make all those seats available first come first serve on the same day. They've not done that because they don't want to be accused of chucking people out of  seats thar they may have had for years

Fair points.

You'd hope that those in this section currently get the hint, wouldn't you?

Just now, smudger63 said:

Ooh get you, your hard!  ThT would be called bullying which is not a good trait to have, but it takes all sorts to make the world up I suppose. :P

Haha wrong end of the stick mate, it won’t be me bullying but I know a lot of the types that are excited about the singing area. They are firmly of the opinion that only people who sing can go to the football and anyone who doesn’t is a waste of a seat and space.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Are you going to mobilise those that don't want to move? Stick together and piss off the majority (90% of respondents)? Come on, get a grip. 

All together now, we shall not, we shall not be moved. :D

I'm not affected, so no I won't be mobilising anyone. :cool:

6 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

What about if those seats are purposely picked because they are one of the lowest season ticket percentage area in the ground? Just thinking like cos it’s the third time off memory they’ve done it. 

Im fairly sure that they will have done the maths etc. i think the ‘application’ thing is about being able to deal with relocations head on 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Haha wrong end of the stick mate, it won’t be me bullying but I know a lot of the types that are excited about the singing area. They are firmly of the opinion that only people who sing can go to the football and anyone who doesn’t is a waste of a seat and space.

I think everyone can be more constructive tbf. Club have done the right thing in pushing forward with what is a majority opinion and with that being the case I'd assume they'd do the right thing in aiding its success. 

Bring on next season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

There is a literally a section created to stop this from happening and whoever wants to sit on their hands to in the other areas of the ground so I’m failing to see the problem here?

1 minute ago, walkerleeds said:

Fair points.

You'd hope that those in this section currently get the hint, wouldn't you?

Well it's up to them, if they feel that they want to stay where they are, then they have every right. That has been my beef about this all along, that they were going to be forced out, well the club have been quite clever in how they're trying to do it. They don't want to be seen as chucking people out of their seats, but have put a little bit of silent pressure on them by saying its going to be a singing section, and if they want to move they can. The truth is however, if they all register an interest  they get first dibs, and it wont be the singing section you envisage, so it will be interesting to see which way it goes.

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

What about if those seats are purposely picked because they are one of the lowest season ticket percentage area in the ground? Just thinking like cos it’s the third time off memory they’ve done it. 

Im fairly sure that they will have done the maths etc. i think the ‘application’ thing is about being able to deal with relocations head on 

Not sure to be honest, but I doubt that there are too many seats there that are not season ticket holders

3 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

I think everyone can be more constructive tbf. Club have done the right thing in pushing forward with what is a majority opinion and with that being the case I'd assume they'd do the right thing in aiding its success. 

Bring on next season. 

I don’t disagree but there will be people that have had those seats for years and will feel aggrieved at having to potentially leave that seat. You’d hope club could get creative with some sort of swapping scheme to offset it. 

6 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

There is a literally a section created to stop this from happening and whoever wants to sit on their hands to in the other areas of the ground so I’m failing to see the problem here?

The problem is there are people in that area of the ground that have had that seat for 20 years and will want to sit on their hands. Why should they have to move after having the same seat through all that time? Its a fair and valid question. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Not sure to be honest, but I doubt that there are too many seats there that are not season ticket holders

The other thing to consider has well is that the club purposely released a survey which included those in the affected seats if you look at the article online - it includes a link to the document showing the high levels of approval for the signing section. 

That would suggest to me they have weighed up that the majority sitting in those seats are backing the idea. Those that haven’t they will be able to pinpoint from this survey. 

As another poster very concisely pointed out, change is coming with stadium layout anyway, so the attachment to a seat may affected regardless soon 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

5 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

It's inevitable that some of those in that currently in that section will renew there, how many  who knows, but we've already had people on here saying of they don't move they better stand up all game, else they won't be able to see, and morally I don't think that's the right attitude, and legally if they were sat in their seat, even in a singing section  thats singing not standing section, and they couldn't see, they could go to the stewards and tell them some people were blocking their view, and because legally you're not supposed to stand in the stadium, the stewards  would be duty bound to ask those blocking the view to sit down, and if they refused chuck them out

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The other thing to consider has well is that the club purposely released a survey which included those in the affected seats if you look at the article online - it includes a link to the document showing the high levels of approval for the signing section. 

That would suggest to me they have weighed up that the majority sitting in those seats are backing the idea. Those that haven’t they will be able to pinpoint from this survey. 

As another poster very concisely pointed out, change is coming with stadium layout anyway, so the attachment to a seat may affected regardless soon 

Hmm I'm not to sure many of the people in that area would be happy, they are probably part of the 10 per cent lol. It's very easy for people not affected to think what a great idea it is to have a singing section. So do i as it happens but I try to see it from the other side too, and feel for people who are now being put in a position where they may feel pressured into giving up seats they may have had for years.  I am glad the club have given them the first option of renewing there though, although that I think is because the club could see the push back if they had just turfed them out to be honest. I will be interested how it all pans out, and how many renew in that area and how many dont

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Well done the club, but seriously well done to those of you that have evidently communicated effectively enough to get this through. 

More power to you all. 

The union fs have more clout than I thought that's for sure. :P

24 minutes ago, Dames said:

Sorry I got the wrong end of the stick mate. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Blimey my brain feels frazzled 😂😂😂 I have had to read the singing section info twice to actually understand what we have to do to stay in that section. I stand and sing at every game already (towards back of SK1). Our friends and family group have 7 STH currently spread over 2 rows as we couldn’t get 7 seats all together in SK1 when we relocated from N1 5 or 6 years ago, when we no longer had enough under 18s. Hoping this means we can finally all stand together!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dames said:

I don’t disagree but there will be people that have had those seats for years and will feel aggrieved at having to potentially leave that seat. You’d hope club could get creative with some sort of swapping scheme to offset it. 

Yeah you may be right. 

Presumably with the section going ahead and the lads at UFS spearheading it, the club would facilitate their members moving it which would inevitably displace a fair few. Obvs speculation though 

Would say the club seem to have been good with public engagement on this so guess they'll speak to fans in the area again too. 

18 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Hmm I'm not to sure many of the people in that area would be happy, they are probably part of the 10 per cent lol. It's very easy for people not affected to think what a great idea it is to have a singing section. So do i as it happens but I try to see it from the other side too, and feel for people who are now being put in a position where they may feel pressured into giving up seats they may have had for years.  I am glad the club have given them the first option of renewing there though, although that I think is because the club could see the push back if they had just turfed them out to be honest. I will be interested how it all pans out, and how many renew in that area and how many dont

I don’t quite see what you are denying here, the club have consulted the people in those seats or given them option to answer a survey already. They have made the calculation already regards upheaveal 

• Like 1

The word ‘reconfigure’ seating seems to have slipped in under the radar.  I am guessing this is the reason why we all just don’t get first dibs on our current seats.  They can guarantee everyone gets a seat somewhere in the singing section because there are plenty of seats that are not STH so my guess is we will all have plenty of choice and nobody will have to move far.

Going back to ‘reconfigure’ could this be getting ready for safe standing or am I being too optimistic.