Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SINGING SECTION TRIALS

39 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Hmm I'm not to sure many of the people in that area would be happy, they are probably part of the 10 per cent lol. It's very easy for people not affected to think what a great idea it is to have a singing section. So do i as it happens but I try to see it from the other side too, and feel for people who are now being put in a position where they may feel pressured into giving up seats they may have had for years.  I am glad the club have given them the first option of renewing there though, although that I think is because the club could see the push back if they had just turfed them out to be honest. I will be interested how it all pans out, and how many renew in that area and how many dont

I don’t mean to be rude but with everything going on in the world right now, who honesty gives a **** if someone has to sit in a different seat in a football stadium?

• Haha 1

Just now, theessexfox said:

I don’t mean to be rude but with everything going on in the world right now, who honesty gives a **** if someone has to sit in a different seat in a football stadium?

You're absolutely right, but many people have a pretty small world. 

4 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Glad you said that.

I've been around a few decades, moaned a bit like most people, but the scenes from Ukraine have changed the way I see life, the Universe and everything.  

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

could apply that logic to anything? Don’t mean to be rude but with everything going on in the world I’ve let my neighbour Rodger my missis.

Grow up 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

could apply that logic to anything? Don’t mean to be rude but with everything going on in the world I’ve let my neighbour Rodger my missis.

Grow up 

Sorry to hear that brother, can’t be easy - plenty more women out there!

Obviously people can still get wound up about things but you’d think there are bigger hills to die on and better ways of expending energy than getting worked up about sitting in a different stand. 

1 minute ago, lcfcjosh said:

Awful decision in my opinion, We was in league 1, 13 years ago. None of this would’ve happened then , now I’ve lost my seat that I sit all game with a clapper on 😡😡

I presume that’s tongue in cheek. I think there is a middle ground between a wannabe ultra and someone who has a flask of coffee and a clapper in hand for 90 mins. 

What is clear is that, like it or not, the majority of people who go to the games just on pure numbers of 32,000 people, don’t stand up and sing for the majority of the game. 

I think there are a section of fans that become vilified because they aren’t doing that - and that is the wrong. You could group a section of disabled fans, OAPs, people with small kids or just plain are happy sitting there etc into that group - doesn’t mean they are any less of a fan of the club. There is an elitism at LCFC amongst some sections of supporters and this has crept in gradually in line with recent success over the past 5-7 years.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Probably the people that have sat there for years maybe.

I dont mean to be rude but you could say, with everything going on in the world, why the fvck are you so bothered if they do. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Obviously people can still get wound up about things but you’d think there are bigger hills to die on and better ways of expending energy than getting worked up about sitting in a different stand. 

You could apply the exact same logic to why people get so wound up about wanting a singing section, and have gone to way more trouble and time to push that agenda than a few throw away comments on a forum. 

8 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I presume that’s tongue in cheek. I think there is a middle ground between a wannabe ultra and someone who has a flask of coffee and a clapper in hand for 90 mins. 

What is clear is that, like it or not, the majority of people who go to the games just on pure numbers of 32,000 people, don’t stand up and sing for the majority of the game. 

I think there are a section of fans that become vilified because they aren’t doing that - and that is the wrong. You could group a section of disabled fans, OAPs, people with small kids or just plain are happy sitting there etc into that group - doesn’t mean they are any less of a fan of the club. There is an elitism at LCFC amongst some sections of supporters and this has crept in gradually in line with recent success over the past 5-7 years.

https://resources.lcfc.com/leicesterfc/document/2022/05/16/ff809a4f-9f64-4e00-8088-ed191f0e8d90/Singing-Section-Survey.pdf

Those that felt strong enough to answer a survey which was quite correctly split into three versions feel the need to improve the atmosphere 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Very true. I think they want their flag and bare chests to be seen more on the TV. :giggle:

6 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

You could apply the exact same logic to why people get so wound up about wanting a singing section, and have gone to way more trouble and time to push that agenda than a few throw away comments on a forum. 

You and your mate need to stop "applying logic" my brother x

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

You and your mate need to stop "applying logic" my brother x

It’s a genuine point though, but not when it doesn’t fit the agenda I guess 

19 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Not being funny bro but this was Boris Johnsons exact excuse

16 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

https://resources.lcfc.com/leicesterfc/document/2022/05/16/ff809a4f-9f64-4e00-8088-ed191f0e8d90/Singing-Section-Survey.pdf

Those that felt strong enough to answer a survey which was quite correctly split into three versions feel the need to improve the atmosphere 

It was a survey that was only ever going to go one way though to be fair. Everyone would say they want to improve the atmosphere, not just here but every club. Just as, to all except those affected would think a singing section is a banging idea. I'm not affected personally, and in the survey was in favour of the singing section myself, but in my survey I said it should wait until we had safe standing or until the new expansion was finished  as i didn't think it would be right to throw people out of seats they've had for years. Most people will naturally think though, singing section, am I affected?  "No, what a great idea"  but would probably think differently if they were.  

36 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

This is why people should move into the other stands 

Correct me if I’m wrong but at filbert street the kop always stood and sang and being the away team it was a difficult ground to go to

40 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I’m fully behind a singing section and as long as the club do it right and look after those that are displaced it will work.

However I fully agree with your elitism comments. I have lost count of the times where certain sections of fans start chanting about ‘where were you when we were shit’ and ‘loyal supporters’ and booing anyone who doesnt stand up. Not to mention the loud sly comments and shouting at people during games.

This will only get worse when they are given a whole section to themselves as their sense of entitlement will go through the roof, this is why the club have to be fully committed to making it work otherwise it will turn toxic very quickly. 

I’m not tarring everyone who wants to sing and chant with this brush but as with any large group there is a hardcore minority that can take it too far and ruin it.

• Like 4