Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SINGING SECTION TRIALS

1 minute ago, lcfcjosh said:

This is why people should move into the other stands 

Correct me if I’m wrong but at filbert street the kop always stood and sang and being the away team it was a difficult ground to go to

When I first went filbert Street it was all standing and even then, no not all the kop sang. That's a myth, but you could stand where you wanted, so it was easy to go with those that did sing. I spent years on the kop at filbert Street in the areas that sang, and I can tell you first hand that we didn't sing all game, and often what was going on on the pitch or the occasion made the biggest difference to the atmosphere. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

I’m fully behind a singing section and as long as the club do it right and look after those that are displaced it will work.

However I fully agree with your elitism comments. I have lost count of the times where certain sections of fans start chanting about ‘where were you when we were shit’ and ‘loyal supporters’ and booing anyone who doesnt stand up. Not to mention the loud sly comments and shouting at people during games.

This will only get worse when they are given a whole section to themselves as their sense of entitlement will go through the roof, this is why the club have to be fully committed to making it work otherwise it will turn toxic very quickly. 

I’m not tarring everyone who wants to sing and chant with this brush but as with any large group there is a hardcore minority that can take it too far and ruin it.

Spot on Dames, i couldnt have put it better myself mate :thumbup:

Edited by smudger63

1 minute ago, Dames said:

I’m fully behind a singing section and as long as the club do it right and look after those that are displaced it will work.

However I fully agree with your elitism comments. I have lost count of the times where certain sections of fans start chanting about ‘where were you when we were shit’ and ‘loyal supporters’ and booing anyone who doesnt stand up. Not to mention the loud sly comments and shouting at people during games.

This will only get worse when they are given a whole section to themselves as their sense of entitlement will go through the roof, this is why the club have to be fully committed to making it work otherwise it will turn toxic very quickly. 

I’m not tarring everyone who wants to sing and chant with this brush but as with any large group there is a hardcore minority that can take it too far and ruin it.

Or it has the opposite effect? At the moment all the standers/singers are spread out. By putting everyone in one section it should help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

What about if those seats are purposely picked because they are one of the lowest season ticket percentage area in the ground? Just thinking like cos it’s the third time off memory they’ve done it. 

Im fairly sure that they will have done the maths etc. i think the ‘application’ thing is about being able to deal with relocations head on 

Pretty sure there are less than 100 seats available in SK1 and most of those are not in this earmarked section.

Exactly - you hear it all the time and I’m sure it’s not everyone associated with that group but some of the things you hear are gross. 

I can already predict the problem - there will still be people moaning that people aren’t singing, sitting, too many stewards, not enough flags, too many clappers. 

if fans think this is going to suddenly turn into a scene from Serie A they are mistaken 😂 i think a lot of people will renew anyway in SK1, so there will still be a decent split 

Do the union fs have a leader, because if they don't they have some one that thinks he is apparently, and he's so well connected that he's going tell Top about all those horrible stewards doing the job the club have told them to do.

What was it he said to the steward?  DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?? Well you obviously think your someone special

Edited by smudger63
  • Haha 1

All of these debates or arguments could've been avoided had the club put full commitment into a section 12 years ago when there was space in the ground. Then you probably wouldn't have had to move people and it could've grown naturally.

3 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Or it has the opposite effect? At the moment all the standers/singers are spread out. By putting everyone in one section it should help.

Sadly I think by ‘designating’ them an area it will create a sense or entitlement and anyone who isn’t on the same wavelength in that area will end up getting accosted and made to feel very uncomfortable and unwelcome by a small minority. 

The club can offset this by being proactive but they need to be a lot clearer in the communications than they have been historically. 

• Haha 1

Sadly I think by ‘designating’ them an area it will create a sense or entitlement and anyone who isn’t on the same wavelength in that area will end up getting accosted and made to feel very uncomfortable and unwelcome by a small minority. 

The club can offset this by being proactive but they need to be a lot clearer in the communications than they have been historically. 

Certainly didn't look like that in any of the previous ‘trail’ games.

• Like 2

They already have that sense of entitlement. That's why they've pushed for the singing section. They want to raise there own profile. They feel like they cant be seen at the top of sk1. 

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

It was a survey that was only ever going to go one way though to be fair. Everyone would say they want to improve the atmosphere, not just here but every club. Just as, to all except those affected would think a singing section is a banging idea. I'm not affected personally, and in the survey was in favour of the singing section myself, but in my survey I said it should wait until we had safe standing or until the new expansion was finished  as i didn't think it would be right to throw people out of seats they've had for years. Most people will naturally think though, singing section, am I affected?  "No, what a great idea"  but would probably think differently if they were.  

It was a survey which was open for everyone to answer. If you want to display your opinion, the opportunity was there and it’s been done in diplomatic fashion.

Im assuming you haven’t taken a look at the document as they have purposely highlighted that they have consulted the season ticket holders in SK1 including those who didn’t buy tickets for the trials. Overwhelming within that specific group they are supportive of the signing section. If the results of that survey were negative, they’d be clearly having a rethinking. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

Reading this thread you’d think folk who want to stand up and sing at a football match were the second coming of the Nazis ffs lol 

All this drama and panic over 600 seats designated for standing, there’s British clubs now implementing/have implemented rail seating because they’ve had this kind of thing in for years, and to the shock I’m sure of many of you their stadiums haven’t become the Wild West. 

Edited by Finnaldo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

They already have that sense of entitlement. That's why they've pushed for the singing section. They want to raise there own profile. They feel like they cant be seen at the top of sk1. 

Unless Union FS have a membership

of thousands, the facts presented by the club themselves disagree with your unfounded opinion 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ted Maul said:

Can't believe there's any resistance to this. If you want to sit and watch in silence there's 20,000 other seats you can choose with an near enough identical view lol

I don't think there will be any resistance, or very limited. Seems to me this thread has attracted a couple of WUM's on a fishing trip. 

5 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Certainly didn't look like that in any of the previous ‘trail’ games.

Didn't most of the current season ticket holders  move though for those games? I did see a picture put on twitter after one of the trial games which had 2 guys sat watching the game, probably in their usual seats, with everyone around then stood up, some bare chested swirling their shirts around, and someone had put "fancy sitting when you're in the singing section". Basically taking the piss out of the two guys who had probably sat there for years.

3 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Didn't most of the current season ticket holders  move though for those games? I did see a picture put on twitter after one of the trial games which had 2 guys sat watching the game, probably in their usual seats, with everyone around then stood up, some bare chested swirling their shirts around, and someone had put "fancy sitting when you're in the singing section". Basically taking the piss out of the two guys who had probably sat there for years.

…so you’re basing it off a comment left on a post, by someone who you don’t know even attended the game? And that’s your proof that those in the section are actively trying to intimidate those sitting around them?

26 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Exactly - you hear it all the time and I’m sure it’s not everyone associated with that group but some of the things you hear are gross. 

I can already predict the problem - there will still be people moaning that people aren’t singing, sitting, too many stewards, not enough flags, too many clappers. 

if fans think this is going to suddenly turn into a scene from Serie A they are mistaken 😂 i think a lot of people will renew anyway in SK1, so there will still be a decent split 

Speak for yourself. I will now be turning upto games on a scooter, with a massive flag and a megaphone shouting "Forest Merde" every game. Can't wait! 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It was a survey which was open for everyone to answer. If you want to display your opinion, the opportunity was there and it’s been done in diplomatic fashion.

Im assuming you haven’t taken a look at the document as they have purposely highlighted that they have consulted the season ticket holders in SK1 including those who didn’t buy tickets for the trials. Overwhelming within that specific group they are supportive of the signing section. If the results of that survey were negative, they’d be clearly having a rethinking. 

I think you're missing my point, what I'm saying is, the response from those not affected with the possibility of having to move to make way for the singing section would of course be favourable, but I'm assuming the people who have season tickets in that area and are now being asked to move would naturally not be so keen. So as there are far more of those not affected than them that would be, it was only ever going to be one outcome. 

Just now, Finnaldo said:

…so you’re basing it off a comment left on a post, by someone who you don’t know even attended the game? And that’s your proof that those in the section are actively trying to intimidate those sitting around them?

Well to be honest I'm basing more on all the other comments that replied to it 

7 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I think you're missing my point, what I'm saying is, the response from those not affected with the possibility of having to move to make way for the singing section would of course be favourable, but I'm assuming the people who have season tickets in that area and are now being asked to move would naturally not be so keen. So as there are far more of those not affected than them that would be, it was only ever going to be one outcome. 

Yes, the survey document I’ve linked clearly outlines the opinions of such people (it separates the results into three different categories; STHs who have bought tickets on the trials, SK1 STHs who haven’t bought tickets for the trials and general STHs).

You either haven’t read the document or you are purposely ignoring the results within it which show that the group you are describing are more positive towards it than not. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

If one of them old boys sat down was you then it would explain hell of a lot in terms of your input in this thread!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

If one of them old boys sat down was you then it would explain hell of a lot in terms of your input in this thread!!

No it wasn't me, the singing section doesn't affect me, but if you were one of those taking the piss out of them, then shame on you