Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SINGING SECTION TRIALS

23 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Raise their own profile? lol Wasn't it you calling them a bunch of snotty kids before? Now all of a sudden they're a bunch of fundamentalists occupying seats to become celebrities. I doubt very much anyone in the section gives two shits about being "seen" although maybe their fabled "leader" will say differently :D

I don't know where your bitterness and bile comes from on this? They come across like a decent bunch who put a lot of time & effort into creating a decent atmosphere at games which tbh is badly needed. One of the biggest things about attending a live game is the atmosphere, the matchday experience, the thing that commentators always pick out - how the noise and "the volume has gone up" inside the stadium.

There's no entitlement there just a desire for the club to work WITH them not against them to create that, which it has on too many occasions in the past.

No ive never said they were snotty nosed kids, youre confusing me with someone else. They are would be Ultras though, but more the plastic type.

I didnt say he was a leader by the way, he did, thats why i wondered if the group actually did have a leader or whether he was just giving it the big i am.

This thread is a great representation of the club's survey results; plenty buzzing about a proactive step to improve our club's atmosphere and 3/4 people draining their phone's batteries going mad with replies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

You post a lot of stuff that can be debated about and discussed (which is what a forum is for) but this is just utter rubbish. It's not even an opinion, it's an unfair attack and I have to call that out. Union FS are just one part of the drive for a singing section but the demand is there to see. If you cannot see it then you are either blind or ignorant.

If Union FS are entitled then I want to be entitled too because they are getting behind the team for 90 mins week in week out and are actively pushing for changes to keep the club engaged with fans.

Fantastic from the club this and time will tell how it pans out. It's certainly made for a bit more of a positive feeling to next season's matchday experience.

No its an opinion, we are all entitled to have them, you not thinking im right doesnt make me wrong, anymore than me thinking youre wrong doesnt make me right :wub:

1 minute ago, Jackubu said:

This thread is a great representation of the club's survey results; plenty buzzing about a proactive step to improve our club's atmosphere and 3/4 people draining their phone's batteries going mad with replies. 

:beer: Ive moved to my lap top lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

They are would be Ultras though, but more the plastic type.

I didnt say he was a leader by the way, he did, thats why i wondered if the group actually did have a leader or whether he was just giving it the big i am.

Unfortunate to see weird sly digs coming out again, i know you're not affected but your constant vilification of the lads simply doesn't seem fair. Whether you agree with their methods or not. 

I'm not part of the group but can say they don't have a leader amongst them, most of their decisions go down to a vote between their members with volunteers amongst the plastic ultras supporting the communications with the club and beyond. 

Just now, Jackubu said:

Unfortunate to see weird sly digs coming out again, i know you're not affected but your constant vilification of the lads simply doesn't seem fair. Whether you agree with their methods or not. 

I'm not part of the group but can say they don't have a leader amongst them, most of their decisions go down to a vote between their members with volunteers amongst the plastic ultras supporting the communications with the club and beyond. 

Fair enough, and their democracy is deffinitely commendable. So he was obviously giving it the big i am then, i was just curious.

Theyve been moaning about the stewards alot lately, but they know why the stewards are checking their tickets, and as they are so complient with the club, i would have thought that they would sort it out among themselves, and then the stewards wouldnt have to hassle them would they. 

8 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Fair enough, and their democracy is deffinitely commendable. So he was obviously giving it the big i am then, i was just curious.

Theyve been moaning about the stewards alot lately, but they know why the stewards are checking their tickets, and as they are so complient with the club, i would have thought that they would sort it out among themselves, and then the stewards wouldnt have to hassle them would they. 

The big i am is probably misinterpreted by one of the members drive to push things forward. Group was founded 9 years ago with many going since they could walk, I'd forgive them for maybe being over passionate about something they consider to be such a milestone like this. 

The stewarding situation is strange up there at the moment and is generally down to overcrowding caused by random fans walking over to get involved. Ultimately its probably one the reasons the club decide to guage fans opinions on a section after the success of said trials

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Ultimately, there’s a higher demand from supporters with seats in other areas to be in SK1 due to the atmosphere created by Union FS; while there have been a few instances of supporters in the area without tickets hence the higher presence of stewards.

It’s for this reason that both Union FS and many others have sought to encourage the Club to allocate a bigger Singing Section. While it’s Union FS that have perhaps been more active in pushing for it for many years, it’s clear there’s also huge demand from outside the group. 

The criticism of the group in this thread is completely unwarranted. 

Edited by SamL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Exactly - you hear it all the time and I’m sure it’s not everyone associated with that group but some of the things you hear are gross. 

I can already predict the problem - there will still be people moaning that people aren’t singing, sitting, too many stewards, not enough flags, too many clappers. 

if fans think this is going to suddenly turn into a scene from Serie A they are mistaken 😂 i think a lot of people will renew anyway in SK1, so there will still be a decent split 

Mentioned it before but why would ‘alot of people renew anyway’ if the experience they are going to get is not what they want?

56 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

According to the results document, there are 145 season ticket holders in the singing section trial area. 

65% of them would like to see the section made permanent for all Premier League and cup games.

So that's 28,000 who received the email, 1,700 who managed to reply, and about 50 herberts who think they own their seat/don't want change.

That's against the 90% if respondents supporting the section as a regular feature.

I don't know at what point we as a culture started down the road of putting the sensibilities of a tiny minority above the wishes of most of the population, that's a political blue touchpaper that we probably shouldn't get into, but in the case of this singing section there's a clear majority in favour of it so sorry lads, dry your eyes and jog on.

I get the points you’re trying to make and its reasonable to go with the majority decision but the point i’ve been trying to  make is that do the 50 people you’ve mentioned deserve vilification for not moving? Because they will end up subject to abuse from a very small minority of wanna be ultras. 

The singing section is a great idea and its far far overdue but anyone thinking its going to be without its issues is living a fantasy. This is why the club need to work with people who are against it and incentivise them to move out because all it will take is a few drunk lads going over the top, a few complaints to go in and its all over. 

12 minutes ago, Dames said:

Do the 50 people you’ve mentioned deserve vilification?

The club need to work with people who are against it and incentivise them to move out.

Yeah you're right, of course nobody would deserve hypothetical hassle, and as loyal customers some sort of concession might be appropriate.

However you can't please everyone and I'm sure there would be another 50 who would moan about the incentive.

A few grumbles among 28,000 people is inevitable - people even moan about the free pints! It gets to the point where it's not worth the club's time to try and mitigate complaints, and I'm pleased they have responded to the chunk of the fanbase that supports this because it's certainly easier to do nothing.

The reaction to this among some has been the final reason for me to leave a couple of FB groups, there's no pleasing some people.

Edited by Bourbon Fox

On 14/05/2022 at 22:37, Tommy G said:

Don’t forget - if you stand and sing songs for 90 mins that 20 people know the words to, sung at 50 miles an hour you are a better fan than the rest of us. You are also a better fan of you spend hours on end making a tifo. There is one good thing the Fosse UFS do, and that’s the food bank set up. 

Aside from that, however much you try, we won’t be a Napoli and there is a reason the singing section at the top of SK1 hasn’t grown over the years. We had some

little white bits of paper in a sandwich bag a few years ago ffs. Not a chance fans will be turfed out their seats this coming season 

Grow up you tit and stop making things up. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Yeah you're right, of course nobody would deserve hypothetical hassle, and as loyal customers some sort of concession might be appropriate.

However you can't please everyone and I'm sure there would be another 50 who would moan about the incentive.

A few grumbles among 28,000 people is inevitable - people even moan about the free pints! It gets to the point where it's not worth the club's time to try and mitigate complaints, and I'm pleased they have responded to the chunk of the fanbase that supports this because it's certainly easier to do nothing.

The reaction to this among some has been the final reason for me to leave a couple of FB groups, there's no pleasing some people.

I mean its not entirely hypothetical as some of these people get digged out on socials quite regularly. It won’t take much for that to transfer to the stands when a few lads have had too many beers and lines. 

The club have historically always had an over zealous health and safety department too, its part of the reason a section like this has taken the best part of 20 years to happen. Any sniff of it going wrong and as you say loyal customers regularly complaining the whole idea goes into the bin quicker than you can say singing section. 

The people against it might be a minority but if they aren’t treated right or communicated with efficiently they’ll have the power to bring it all down.

• Like 1

Just now, Dames said:

I mean its not entirely hypothetical as some of these people get digged out on socials quite regularly. It won’t take much for that to transfer to the stands when a few lads have had too many beers and lines. 

The club have historically always had an over zealous health and safety department too, its part of the reason a section like this has taken the best part of 20 years to happen. Any sniff of it going wrong and as you say loyal customers regularly complaining the whole idea goes into the bin quicker than you can say singing section. 

The people against it might be a minority but if they aren’t treated right or communicated with efficiently they’ll have the power to bring it all down.

You're confusing the singing section with L1.....

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Dames said:

I get the points you’re trying to make and its reasonable to go with the majority decision but the point i’ve been trying to  make is that do the 50 people you’ve mentioned deserve vilification for not moving? Because they will end up subject to abuse from a very small minority of wanna be ultras. 

The singing section is a great idea and its far far overdue but anyone thinking its going to be without its issues is living a fantasy. This is why the club need to work with people who are against it and incentivise them to move out because all it will take is a few drunk lads going over the top, a few complaints to go in and its all over. 

There’s an ‘application’ period which is exactly this. Gives the opportunity for the club to speak to STHs on an one to one basis. 

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

Not sure I agree fully with this, but certainly regular positive feedback from the singing section to the club will help.

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It's been an absolute zoo in there last few times I've sat there.

9 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

An area like this will attract the wanna bes that cant get a seat in L1 because they think this area means they can stand all game and let off flares like European Ultras.

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There’s an ‘application’ period which is exactly this. Gives the opportunity for the club to speak to STHs on an one to one basis. 

As great as our club is at a lot of things the ticket office is not one of them.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

An area like this will attract the wanna bes that cant get a seat in L1 because they think this area means they can stand all game and let off flares like European Ultras.

Or maybe it will attract people who want to sing and improve the atmosphere?  Games I’ve been to with it have been a marked improvement. A season long trial is a big responsibility, and let’s hope a silly minority don’t ruin it rather than just assume the concept will get abused.