Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SINGING SECTION TRIALS

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

isn't it quite rare for 'signing sections' to be next to the away fans? thinking on the continent / where they have been set up in the UK i cant seem to think of main that are near the away end? in fact the majority are pretty much opposite. 

Yeah, off the top of my head only Rostock and Magdeburg. They are both beast fanbases too so can out power an away end.

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

isn't it quite rare for 'signing sections' to be next to the away fans? thinking on the continent / where they have been set up in the UK i cant seem to think of main that are near the away end? in fact the majority are pretty much opposite. 

Filbert Street? lol that was a KOP!

But you are right on the whole, probably due to safety or something.

Edited by whoareyaaa

4 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Imagine having a singing section it’s embarrassing, people who take the piss out of Man City we’re just as bad if not worse. 

The phraseology is crap yeah but the concept is hardly "embarrassing". The status quo of our home support, now that is embarrassing. 

• Like 2

For it to make an impact the whole of the Kop or at least as much of it as possible starting from the back going down needs to be a standing section, You wouldn't even need to talk about a singing section then as it would happen naturally,

In my experience fans that stand voluntarily tend to be the most vocal.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Imagine having a singing section it’s embarrassing, people who take the piss out of Man City we’re just as bad if not worse. 

Then every amazing atmosphere abroad is 'embarrassing' too then, same concept just differently named.

51 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Filbert Street? lol that was a KOP!

But you are right on the whole, probably due to safety or something.

Football has changed a hell of a lot since them days unfortunately.  

For me for this to get off the ground it CANNOT be next to the away end. The club / the police will not allow it. Imagine the conversation between the club and the police. Yeah we are going to actively encourage singing and standing right next to the away end. Unfortunately in this country there is too many people that just associate hooligans with football songs. 

If you were to draw your typical football hooligan and you were asked to drop them into the stadium map. The majority of people would put them next to the away end. I'm not saying i am right but its what people would think. 

The UFS need their own area SK1 is ideal currently but for me SK4 directly opposite the away fans would be better. I am sure there is going to a complete rejig when the stadium is expanded. They need to show the club and the police that these are not hooligans and that they just want to help encourage the home supporters to increase the atmosphere in the stadium and its probably a reason why other groups have got off the ground by not being next to the away end.

If they were next to the away fans if there was any trouble between home and away fans they would be instantly blamed and the whole 'project' would be shut down. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

Football has changed a hell of a lot since them days unfortunately.  

For me for this to get off the ground it CANNOT be next to the away end. The club / the police will not allow it. Imagine the conversation between the club and the police. Yeah we are going to actively encourage singing and standing right next to the away end. Unfortunately in this country there is too many people that just associate hooligans with football songs. 

If you were to draw your typical football hooligan and you were asked to drop them into the stadium map. The majority of people would put them next to the away end. I'm not saying i am right but its what people would think. 

The UFS need their own area SK1 is ideal currently but for me SK4 directly opposite the away fans would be better. I am sure there is going to a complete rejig when the stadium is expanded. They need to show the club and the police that these are not hooligans and that they just want to help encourage the home supporters to increase the atmosphere in the stadium and its probably a reason why other groups have got off the ground by not being next to the away end.

If they were next to the away fans if there was any trouble between home and away fans they would be instantly blamed and the whole 'project' would be shut down. 

I agree , and unlike others i don't care about it being near the away fans.  Much rather us sing songs and support our team than 'banter' between us and them.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, davieG said:

For it to make an impact the whole of the Kop or at least as much of it as possible starting from the back going down needs to be a standing section, You wouldn't even need to talk about a singing section then as it would happen naturally,

In my experience fans that stand voluntarily tend to be the most vocal.

Agreed, the whole Kop needs to be made safe standing when the ground is re-developed. Anyone that sits in the kop currently that doesn't want to be there because of the safe standing should get first refusal on where they want to sit. 

When they re-development is complete everyone should have to re-apply for their seats. As i am sure some people just sit where they do as they don't want the hassle of the free for all that there is if you are looking to move your season ticket. 

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Yeah

Man City and Burnley are the only ones I can think of in the PL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

That's the club's terminology, we know they're a bit out of touch, but it's easier just to let them get on with it if that's what they want to call it while they're cooperating.

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

But the games have shown this not to be the case.

"Waste of time" was harsh of me.

But the atmosphere would be much better if the singing section is near the away end.

Just now, SemperEadem said:

Like I said, the occasion it was there it was not. 

Wasn't it the FA Cup 3rd round against Wigan or something? Bit difficult to compare that to games against Rennes/Roma in Europe nights.

37 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Wasn't it the FA Cup 3rd round against Wigan or something? Bit difficult to compare that to games against Rennes/Roma in Europe nights.

The game was against Brighton. The others have shown support, in that one L1 was silent stood staring at the away fans and parts of the section really wanted to sing x player was a sex offender.

Edited by SemperEadem

Singing sections near away fans just attract people to try and wind up the away fans, not even bothered about the game or backing the players.

Man City is a great example of this. Every time I go Man City away the people close to the away end are more interesting on shouting at us than backing their own team.

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Singing sections near away fans just attract people to try and wind up the away fans, not even bothered about the game or backing the players.

Man City is a great example of this. Every time I go Man City away the people close to the away end are more interesting on shouting at us than backing their own team.

Yes and no, obviously without direction, that's what happens, but with a group of singers starting chants, you get the best of both worlds. It all adds to the atmosphere.

• Like 1