Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SINGING SECTION TRIALS

15 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

don’t think you are picking up what I’m putting down 

the whole thing seems like a bit of a cult, I think that’s why you lot get some rejection - I was a fan of union fs at the start but stinks of elitism now. Take that Micky guys comment for example.. he gives a different view point and the same old faces will rush to defend or try and force that you are right and he is wrong because it doesn’t fit your agenda. 

don’t sing for 90 minutes you aren’t a fan. 

If you use a clapper you are a weirdo..

If you don’t know the words to WYS then you can’t be a proper supporter. The list goes on 

it’s quite frankly embarrassing 

Some terrible points here.

There’s a difference between wanting the fans to know words to an anthem so it can be sung in unison and saying they’re not fans (which I don’t recall UFS saying btw).

Majority of the fan base will agree clappers need to be on a collection only basis so again nothing to do with the group. 

Wanting more than 5-10% of the fan base to join in and sing and support the lads is not discounting the rest. 

That’s why a section is progress. 

• Like 1

Singing section what a joke, be laughing stock of league. 
Not one of you knows how to sing when your smiling like it should be .

Some people on here probably know.

it’s crap how it’s being done now. 
Absolutely dog Shyte. Bring back the real Kop.

7EBBD583-0F30-4031-8D39-DE1ADEABCD8C.jpeg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WalMelton said:

Singing section what a joke, be laughing stock of league. 
Not one of you knows how to sing when your smiling like it should be .

Some people on here probably know.

it’s crap how it’s being done now. 
Absolutely dog Shyte. Bring back the real Kop.

7EBBD583-0F30-4031-8D39-DE1ADEABCD8C.jpeg

‘Real Kop’ :giggle:

If only the people in the Kop could be bothered then there would be no need for a section.

As for laughing stock I think you’ll find we aren’t the first and won’t be the last to have a section.

Edited by K1FOX

11 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

If only the people in the Kop could be bothered then there would be no need for a section.

As for laughing stock I think you’ll find we aren’t the first and won’t be the last to have a section.

Cmon a ‘singing section’ is clearly a laughing stock of a policy. It’s laughable and cringey to the Twitter football fan, I can think of a few memes to mock this idea and I’m not even that funny. But who cares what people think. It will help and that’s all that matters. As Oscar Wilde said ‘if you care what people think you’re a massive t**t’ and that couldn’t be truer today 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Well most of the twats I’ve seen lately aren’t  doing the club any favours .

The Twats we had to put up with in Rome certainly weren’t singing.
Spent more time throwing stuff. Absolute scum. Got some good phone footage.

plus with Parents. Can’t believe they just watched. Excellent parents. 

Edited by WalMelton
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Cmon a ‘singing section’ is clearly a laughing stock of a policy. It’s laughable and cringey to the Twitter football fan, I can think of a few memes to mock this idea and I’m not even that funny. But who cares what people think. It will help and that’s all that matters. As Oscar Wilde said ‘if you care what people think you’re a massive t**t’ and that couldn’t be truer today 

In fairness when you have clappers and goal music you’re already a laughing stock in the eyes of the cesspit of ‘football twitter’.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GlennyFox55 said:

In fairness when you have clappers and goal music you’re already a laughing stock in the eyes of the cesspit of ‘football twitter’.

Most teams in the league have goal music.

unfortunately a lot of teams have now got clappers. Probably the only team that had them the season we won the league. Unfortunately as much as we don’t like certain things. The club are trying to attract younger fan’s. Kids love Shit. As long as we attract younger fans from being plastic fan’s who gives a shit…👍🦊🦊

10 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

We have clappers and goal music but a singing section is the point where people decide we become a laughing stock 🤣

Next they’ll be having trials to make sure you’re good enough for the singing section.

When you qualify, singing practice is every Tuesday unless we have a midweek game.

Then if you sing and you’re not in the section you’ll get chucked out by some jobs worth stupid. Unbelievable…Wait until we’re on local news saying Leicester have now got a singing section. Everyone you know who supports another team will rip you to shit….🙈🙈🙈

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WalMelton said:

Next they’ll be having trials to make sure you’re good enough for the singing section.

When you qualify, singing practice is every Tuesday unless we have a midweek game.

Then if you sing and you’re not in the section you’ll get chucked out by some jobs worth stupid. Unbelievable…Wait until we’re on local news saying Leicester have now got a singing section. Everyone you know who supports another team will rip you to shit….🙈🙈🙈

They already do, about the clappers, goal music and the lack of atmosphere, this is a step in the right direction to fix the latter.

If you or anyone else against the singing section has a better idea on how we could improve the atmosphere then let us know.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, WalMelton said:

Most teams in the league have goal music.

unfortunately a lot of teams have now got clappers. Probably the only team that had them the season we won the league. Unfortunately as much as we don’t like certain things. The club are trying to attract younger fan’s. Kids love Shit. As long as we attract younger fans from being plastic fan’s who gives a shit…👍🦊🦊

Who are these teams? I know of Fulham

and thats literally it?

The Kop at Filbo was a singing section. It never had the tag because it didn’t need too. Everyone just knew if you wanted to go where it was boisterous and a blind eye turned to things, you went there. 

There are singing sections across the league. Those that get the actual label are the result that your atmosphere is so poor that something has to be done (Old Trafford has one for example). You add in a number of grounds now which have safe standing areas too which are defacto the same thing. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

What are your thoughts on improving the atmosphere if you think this idea a laughing stock? Or are you happy with how crap it currently is/resigned to the fact that modern football creates soulless grounds and we should do nothing about it?

55 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

What are your thoughts on improving the atmosphere if you think this idea a laughing stock? Or are you happy with how crap it currently is/resigned to the fact that modern football creates soulless grounds and we should do nothing about it?

You’re missing my point, namely the ‘this will help and that’s all that matters’ part as well as Oscar wildes quote. You’d be mad to think this isn’t a laughing stock of an idea. But luckily most normal adults don’t care what ‘fans’ on twitter or other fans think. I certainly don’t. I always find it bemusing that adults on here get deeply hurt by an Oldham fan of n sky sports news ripping us for having clappers. Who. Cares

The singing section is a great idea 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

You’re missing my point, namely the ‘this will help and that’s all that matters’ part as well as Oscar wildes quote. You’d be mad to think this isn’t a laughing stock of an idea. But luckily most normal adults don’t care what ‘fans’ on twitter or other fans think. I certainly don’t. I always find it bemusing that adults on here get deeply hurt by an Oldham fan of n sky sports news ripping us for having clappers. Who. Cares

The singing section is a great idea 

Turns out I didn't bother to read your original post past the first bullet point

• Like 1

I will never understand why people give a **** what happens with other clubs' support.

Who cares if someone that supports another club tweets that we're tin pot or whatever? It's like the other day, saw loads of Leicester fans on twitter trying to make fun of Forest's tifo?? Maybe it's just me but I don't give a **** how teams make noise so long as they do it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The Kop at Filbo was a singing section. It never had the tag because it didn’t need too. Everyone just knew if you wanted to go where it was boisterous and a blind eye turned to things, you went there. 

There are singing sections across the league. Those that get the actual label are the result that your atmosphere is so poor that something has to be done (Old Trafford has one for example). You add in a number of grounds now which have safe standing areas too which are defacto the same thing. 

Did make me laugh how HF at Palace did all they could to avoid the phrase "singing section" for their trip to Wembley the other month. They used "atmosphere section", "vocal section", "ultras section" ( lol ). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Don't forget ripped up bits of white paper in a sandwhich bag

Which to be fair happened in the early 90s at Filbert Street. 

Before that we had crazes of toilet roll streamers and inflatable items such as fish/bananas 

11 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Shame it was left to die hey.

That’s not strictly true though. One of my mates was head of security in the family end when the ground opened up. The original idea was to put the away fans in the corner and put the old kop fans into the new kop to keep them as far  away as possible, which lasted a week until everyone realised they could get tickets in L1, so they moved over. The N section was then to become an overspill to keep the rowdy fans in the same area but keep the away fans from the P sections. So you could say the club is at fault for the state of the kop, but fair play if they are willing to get something going on there.