Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SINGING SECTION TRIALS

9 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

That’s not strictly true though. One of my mates was head of security in the family end when the ground opened up. The original idea was to put the away fans in the corner and put the old kop fans into the new kop to keep them as far  away as possible, which lasted a week until everyone realised they could get tickets in L1, so they moved over. The N section was then to become an overspill to keep the rowdy fans in the same area but keep the away fans from the P sections. So you could say the club is at fault for the state of the kop, but fair play if they are willing to get something going on there.

Even a modicum of fan lead organisation could have kept the original SK1 lot together when we moved, but there wasn't any. And now apparently it's the fault of people who were at best 10 or 15 years old at the time lol

But like you say, fair play to to club for taking action, I fully expected them to wait until the ground redevelopment.

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Did make me laugh how HF at Palace did all they could to avoid the phrase "singing section" for their trip to Wembley the other month. They used "atmosphere section", "vocal section", "ultras section" ( lol ). 

omg yes!! I did not know this and i follow the ULTRAS very closely. amazing. thank you for bringing this to my attention, i cant wait to share the news

13 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

omg yes!! I did not know this and i follow the ULTRAS very closely. amazing. thank you for bringing this to my attention, i cant wait to share the news

Why can’t they call it the choir, bit of a pisstake on what is supposed to be sensible 

23 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Even a modicum of fan lead organisation could have kept the original SK1 lot together when we moved, but there wasn't any. And now apparently it's the fault of people who were at best 10 or 15 years old at the time lol

But like you say, fair play to to club for taking action, I fully expected them to wait until the ground redevelopment.

Apparently someone did actually point out the plan was flawed

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

There wasn't the Internet forums back in 2002 that we have now so very difficult to organise. The club did advertise the South Stand (or Fosse Stand as they named it) as the place for a party atmosphere but it just became the spill over from the Double-Decker fans who were used to the behind the goal view. The Crazy Corner Kop boys were split up all over that, I'm sure, played into the clubs hands as they wanted given the problems they caused at Filbert St. 

I don't think any fault can be attributed to any group. No reason to finger point or look backwards as it does at last seem to be getting to where it should be. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WalMelton said:

Singing section what a joke, be laughing stock of league. 
Not one of you knows how to sing when your smiling like it should be .

Some people on here probably know.

it’s crap how it’s being done now. 
Absolutely dog Shyte. Bring back the real Kop.

7EBBD583-0F30-4031-8D39-DE1ADEABCD8C.jpeg

Hot air without a hint of irony 

On 18/05/2022 at 12:03, KFS said:

And a silent, entitled crowd whacking a clapper to uptown funk is infinitely better? This is where your logic is flawed. Literally anything is better than the current state which is why the club have intervened. 

I’m sure if you’re trying to strike the fear of god into the opposition, I’m sure the group would love the presence of ‘BigMicky’ to stir things up a bit.

I've been going since the 70's I've seen it all. Where your logic is flawed is the lack of a need for a singing section when we won the league. Pretty certain we had goal music and clappers throughout....... British terraces were the envy of world football, so the continent decided to force the issue within their grounds with orchastrated groups manufacturing an atmosphere to try and compete. That's exactly what you are trying to do, by waving flags, having pyros, tifos and orchestrated singing. At home games, I'm not sure if you notice but other parts of the ground don't join in with you. Have you ever wondered why? My suggestion to improve the atmosphere is to let it grow back naturally, which it will. 

Give me a hateful, spiteful agreesive atmosphere over Crystal Palace every day of the week. 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

At home games, I'm not sure if you notice but other parts of the ground don't join in with you. Have you ever wondered why? 

I'll address this, and it's very simple - the acoustics of the ground mean it cannot be heard. 

An example of that is that for the Roma match, I was in the East Stand, and I could not hear the Roma fans. Another is that I've been directly opposite L1 when obviously in full voice, and not heard a peep. 

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'll address this, and it's very simple - the acoustics of the ground mean it cannot be heard. 

An example of that is that for the Roma match, I was in the East Stand, and I could not hear the Roma fans. Another is that I've been directly opposite L1 when obviously in full voice, and not heard a peep. 

That's not true about the acoustics. Fans choose not to join in, its that simple. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Wonder if this is the same phenomenon at St Mary's which is pretty much identical to ours? Not been there myself. 

3 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

That's not true about the acoustics. Fans choose not to join in, its that simple. 

@HighPeakFox

I would say its not worth trying to engage this chap seriously as he's clearly on the wind up, so take anything said with a mighty pinch of salt :D

• Like 3

Just now, filbertway said:

@HighPeakFox

I would say its not worth trying to engage this chap seriously as he's clearly on the wind up, so take anything said with a mighty pinch of salt :D

Why am I on the wind up? I've sat in all 4 corners of the ground and it's audible. Saying you can't hear L1 from any of the west stand simply isn't true. 

5 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Why am I on the wind up? I've sat in all 4 corners of the ground and it's audible. Saying you can't hear L1 from any of the west stand simply isn't true. 

I'm trying to work that one out :D

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Choose not to join in why? Seeing as you’re clearly one of those?

Please read my other posts. They simply don't want to be a part of an orchestrated atmosphere. But rather than encourage and gain support from the rest of the fanbase you seek to divide and ostracise. 

• Like 1

Just now, BigMicky said:

Please read my other posts. They simply don't want to be a part of an orchestrated atmosphere. But rather than encourage and gain support from the rest of the fanbase you seek to divide and ostracise. 

Are you part of helping to create another type of atmosphere? Other than the one we have currently, which is pretty non existent? 

Fans don't join in for a variety of reasons, one of which is definitely to do with being able to hear it clearly enough, or at all. There's nothing divisive in what's being done, and any suggestion to the contrary is likely to involve a large dose of projection. 

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

Are you part of helping to create another type of atmosphere? Other than the one we have currently, which is pretty non existent? 

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yes. But as with everything in football its cyclical. Just because someone is trying to do something, it doesn't make it right or good or a positive thing. 

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Fans don't join in for a variety of reasons, one of which is definitely to do with being able to hear it clearly enough, or at all. There's nothing divisive in what's being done, and any suggestion to the contrary is likely to involve a large dose of projection. 

People moving seats and having their views blocked isn't divisive? I could go on..... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigMicky said:

Yes. But as with everything in football its cyclical. Just because someone is trying to do something, it doesn't make it right or good or a positive thing. 

So you don't think the club offering a small section of the ground to encourage people who want to vocally support the team isn't 'right or good or a positive thing'? Even after Top has asked us to up our vocal support? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

People moving seats and having their views blocked isn't divisive? I could go on..... 

If the club were making the same area family friendly, or into an easily accessible area for those who struggle to manage steps, do you think you'd feel as strongly? 

8 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Or this is what is needed to cycle around to having a decent atmosphere again?

3 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Or this is what is needed to cycle around to having a decent atmosphere again?

So you think forcing an atmosphere is the answer? Do you look at Palace and think brilliant I want to be part of that?