Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SINGING SECTION TRIALS

2 hours ago, BigMicky said:

I've been going since the 70's I've seen it all. Where your logic is flawed is the lack of a need for a singing section when we won the league. Pretty certain we had goal music and clappers throughout....... British terraces were the envy of world football, so the continent decided to force the issue within their grounds with orchastrated groups manufacturing an atmosphere to try and compete. That's exactly what you are trying to do, by waving flags, having pyros, tifos and orchestrated singing. At home games, I'm not sure if you notice but other parts of the ground don't join in with you. Have you ever wondered why? My suggestion to improve the atmosphere is to let it grow back naturally, which it will. 

Give me a hateful, spiteful agreesive atmosphere over Crystal Palace every day of the week. 

That's what I thought about the hair on my head but I'm now bald as a coot.

One of the problems with singing at the KP is that there's such a mixture of fans in each section, those who do want to have a good sing for the whole game usually don't have enough people to join in with them so songs die out quickly and the atmosphere's not consistent enough. Having a dedicated area that's for singing and making noise means hopefully it won't get diluted as much as might just kick start stronger atmospheres around that end of the ground or even the whole stadium.

I'd say this step is more likely to improve the atmosphere than just leaving it as it is and hoping it improves.

Edited by lcfc278
  • Like 2

Interesting that the famous, world cup winning, west ham are thinking of doing the same:

Some of the reaction is fantastic, my favourites being:

Popcorn Ben & Jerry munching drips.
Having worked at Stratford on Saturdays and seeing the state of their supporters was embarrassing.
Older women of pensionable age with claret & blues dyed hair with grown men with claret & blue back packs and kids other half n half scarves were just some eye damaging sites!.
I have long serving west ham friends who cringe and can’t answer back as they know their club is dying.

A Wet Spam choir?
I’ve heard it all now. What a bunch of mugs.

Premier league grounds are mostly just made up of tourists and palace type drips now. We get a taste of it when we play the likes of Norwich, Fulham and Watford, absolute divvy club shop fanatics singing the latest cringey song.
It’s another reason why I’m happy for Millwall not to make it to the bland corporate circus that is the premier league. It’s bad enough when we play one of the yo-yo clubs without having to put up with b****s like ‘singing sections’ and ‘flag displays’ every f***g week.

14 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Interesting that the famous, world cup winning, west ham are thinking of doing the same:

Having worked at Stratford on Saturdays and seeing the state of their supporters was embarrassing.
Older women of pensionable age with claret & blues dyed hair with grown men with claret & blue back packs and kids other half n half scarves were just some eye damaging sites!.
I have long serving west ham friends who cringe and can’t answer back as they know their club is dying.

A Wet Spam choir?

Premier league grounds are mostly just made up of tourists and palace type drips now. We get a taste of it when we play the likes of Norwich, Fulham and Watford, absolute divvy club shop fanatics singing the latest cringey song.
It’s another reason why I’m happy for Millwall not to make it to the bland corporate circus that is the premier league. It’s bad enough when we play one of the yo-yo clubs without having to put up with b****s like ‘singing sections’ and ‘flag displays’ every f***g week.

Yet they'll all moan about the crap atmosphere at the new ground. 

Moan about poor atmosphere, moan about anyone doing anything about it and claim it's "not needed". Seems about right.

• Like 3

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yet they'll all moan about the crap atmosphere at the new ground. 

Moan about poor atmosphere, moan about anyone doing anything about it and claim it's "not needed". Seems about right.

This is opposition fans reaction i believe, cmon -  'Popcorn Ben & Jerry munching drips.' - surely made you laugh out loud!! Or is that just me...

1 hour ago, TamworthFoxes said:

I imagine the idea is that most people will be standing in the singing section and the stewards will turn a blind eye as it’s the singing section?

Might be beneficial to move if your grandad won’t be able to stand, especially if someone joins the section in the seats in front and wants to stand for 90 minutes?

Well I’m not certain whether the singing section will be standing for 90 minutes but tbf we are near enough at the bottom of the singing section so I’m hoping that this isn’t the case for us. 

11 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

A Wet Spam choir?

I ain't being funny mate but, when even a club like Man Utd, one of the biggest in the world, have created a singing section to improve their atmosphere, maybe the future of football ain't for you.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

This is opposition fans reaction i believe, cmon -  'Popcorn Ben & Jerry munching drips.' - surely made you laugh out loud!! Or is that just me...

Looking at the responses and there's plenty of appy ammers getting very cross about it.

8 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I ain't being funny mate but, when even a club like Man Utd, one of the biggest in the world, have created a singing section to improve their atmosphere, maybe the future of football ain't for you.  

Haha don't know how many times i need to make it clear - I THINK THE SINGING SECTION IS A GOOD IDEA - but my god you've got to admit its very funny and highly mockable. You've got some (i dont pay attention to usernames for my sins) that are profoundly hurt about the fact we get laughed at for having goal music (incredibly common in football) and clappers, but possibly the same people cant understand why an organised choir at the football is not an equally, if not more, cringey idea. Perspective

37 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Haha don't know how many times i need to make it clear - I THINK THE SINGING SECTION IS A GOOD IDEA - but my god you've got to admit its very funny and highly mockable. You've got some (i dont pay attention to usernames for my sins) that are profoundly hurt about the fact we get laughed at for having goal music (incredibly common in football) and clappers, but possibly the same people cant understand why an organised choir at the football is not an equally, if not more, cringey idea. Perspective

The old kop and terraces could have been labelled as organised choirs back in the day.  The kop at anfield would literally sing beatles songs word for word.  There's always been areas of grounds where the singers went this is no different.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

The old kop and terraces could have been labelled as organised choirs back in the day.  The kop at anfield would literally sing beatles songs word for word.  There's always been areas of grounds where the singers went this is no different.

This is completely different IMO, the old kop and terraces, before my time albeit, were natural and organic meeting points for people that wanted to make a racket. Like comparing a flashmob to the Westminster Abbey choir weekly training session. Yeh they both make noise, but in very different ways. I can't imagine Liverpool fans back in the day following a rigid timetable to enable them to 'secure their spots' in the kop.

Out of interest, and im not sure if you are one of those who are extensively offended at clappers and goal music, how is this any less cringey than the aforementioned? And then in that context, why are clappers and goal music SOOOO bad? You get my point... a singing section can surely be seen as further 'sanitisation of the matchday experience' or whatever other nonsense that gets trotted out. To a new fan, wouldn't that imply all other sections are not eligible for singing?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

This is completely different IMO, the old kop and terraces, before my time albeit, were natural and organic meeting points for people that wanted to make a racket. Like comparing a flashmob to the Westminster Abbey choir weekly training session. Yeh they both make noise, but in very different ways. I can't imagine Liverpool fans back in the day following a rigid timetable to enable them to 'secure their spots' in the kop.

Out of interest, and im not sure if you are one of those who are extensively offended at clappers and goal music, how is this any less cringey than the aforementioned? And then in that context, why are clappers and goal music SOOOO bad? You get my point... a singing section can surely be seen as further 'sanitisation of the matchday experience' or whatever other nonsense that gets trotted out. To a new fan, wouldn't that imply all other sections are not eligible for singing?

Fact of the matter is majority of the other sections in the ground don’t sing at all. Little bit at the top of SK2 and SK4 with nobody else in the KOP joining in and then L and K on a good day. So surely bringing all of these together is the best bet and in the day and age we are in this is only possible with the help of the club. 

Instead of the Birch Running round the pitch at the end of next season the Leicester singing section can release a charity song. 👍

Any ideas for end of season next year? 
Got a full season to pick a song…

We’ll make millions…😂😂😂

5 hours ago, BigMicky said:

And this is an example in its true form. Mocking people who may not want to move as they currently like the seat that they have sat in potentially for years. And you wonder why there is negativity towards it. 

it's actually a cult. it is embarrassing 

1 hour ago, Munshi said:

Yes the difference in this case would be that it’s actually impossible to get likeminded people together in the ground without this section. There’s literally no ‘natural’ or ‘organic’ way to do it.

All true but not helping me to determine where the cringe o meter starts and ends. Absolutely flummoxed as to why this isn’t cringey but playing 10 seconds of a pop song after scoring a goal is 

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I can’t believe people are slagging UFS off. They are trying to do positive things for the club ffs why be so bitter? 

I can't believe you don't understand it isn't slandering them for improving the atmosphere, read the comment Micky put he summed it up perfectly. 

With regards the non traditional singing areas  I think more of the stadium would join in the chants if we could understand them. There’s some complex chants these days. The Patson Daka one ffs. No idea wtf is being said, presumably in part Zambian? Took me long enough to learn the Vichai one. 

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

All true but not helping me to determine where the cringe o meter starts and ends. Absolutely flummoxed as to why this isn’t cringey but playing 10 seconds of a pop song after scoring a goal is 

Difference being a singing section in a football ground has always existed. How that’s been established and found is very different of course. I’d say at least 90% of the crowd has been a football game with a singing section - just they had names like the Kop, the North Bank, the Holte End. 

The advent of clappers and goal music is a relatively new fad which didn’t exist in my childhood. 

Basically, the tinpot stakes is really all related to nostalgia.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Well I’m not certain whether the singing section will be standing for 90 minutes but tbf we are near enough at the bottom of the singing section so I’m hoping that this isn’t the case for us. 

It will be standing all game