Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SINGING SECTION TRIALS

40 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Is that a guarantee though? I sit literally two rows from where this section begins so will that whole area be standing?

I’d imagine so, it’s been fully standing all game for all of the trial runs.

When you say two rows from where the section begins are you below it? So row M or lower below the concourse entrance level?

If so that section would continue as normal and you should also be able to renew normally? 

38 minutes ago, GlennyFox55 said:

I’d imagine so, it’s been fully standing all game for all of the trial runs.

When you say two rows from where the section begins are you below it? So row M or lower below the concourse entrance level?

If so that section would continue as normal and you should also be able to renew normally? 

I sit in row P so I'm literally one row off the edge of the singing section so my position isn't that bad as long as I can claim my seats and that the person in front of me doesn't stand all game lol 

Can anyone confirm with me now that the singing section will be a standing zone as my Grandad will not be able to stand throughout the game.

Just now, buzzer_b said:

I sit in row P so I'm literally one row off the edge of the singing section so my position isn't that bad as long as I can claim my seats and that the person in front of me doesn't stand all game lol 

Can anyone confirm with me now that the singing section will be a standing zone as my Grandad will not be able to stand throughout the game.

All of the previous sections have stood from front to back. 

I can't for certain say if your seat will stand. From memory the Rennes game did have standers below the advertised first row but again not sure if this is where exactly your seats are.

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

All of the previous sections have stood from front to back. 

I can't for certain say if your seat will stand. From memory the Rennes game did have standers below the advertised first row but again not sure if this is where exactly your seats are.

Thanks for the response. I've also been told that the first few rows in SK1 have been reserved for UFS so that basically means my three seats have gone. Can anybody on here, that is a part of UFS, please confirm whether this is true as I may be wasting a lot of my time trying to save my seats.

9 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Thanks for the response. I've also been told that the first few rows in SK1 have been reserved for UFS so that basically means my three seats have gone. Can anybody on here, that is a part of UFS, please confirm whether this is true as I may be wasting a lot of my time trying to save my seats.

Without sounding like I’m wanting to kick someone out of there seat but if I was you I’d personally see if I could move as it’s not worth the risk. I’m sure you could get just as good seats in SK4 for example which is pretty much the same view. But anywhere in the stadium is a good view to be honest.

I’m not part of the singing section but if I wanted to sit down I’d certainly look to move as I’m sure it’ll only get bigger.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Not in UFS so cannot comment on that but I’d expect everything from top to bottom in this square to be standing plus the usual very back rows either side. 

Not sure if that’s any help for you!

2B92634F-99CF-4D97-9DE4-291B3E171D69.jpeg

16 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I can’t believe people are slagging UFS off. They are trying to do positive things for the club ffs why be so bitter? 

It's called being challenged. Collectively you slag off clappers, people who sit down, goal music, people who don't sing, people who don't want to move seats, stewards, people who don't sing WYS correctly. When questioned or its pointed out that you look 'tinpot' you can't handle it. 

As a result of the singing section, someone's grandad now has the inconvenience of having to move from a part of the ground he clearly enjoyed sitting in. Your apparant lack of care is telling as are the comments of 'just move to another part of the ground' says more about your movement than the rest of us. 

19 minutes ago, GlennyFox55 said:

Not in UFS so cannot comment on that but I’d expect everything from top to bottom in this square to be standing plus the usual very back rows either side. 

Not sure if that’s any help for you!

2B92634F-99CF-4D97-9DE4-291B3E171D69.jpeg

Yeah it's that bit and the wedge the the left as you look at it. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

It's called being challenged. Collectively you slag off clappers, people who sit down, goal music, people who don't sing, people who don't want to move seats, stewards, people who don't sing WYS correctly. When questioned or its pointed out that you look 'tinpot' you can't handle it. 

As a result of the singing section, someone's grandad now has the inconvenience of having to move from a part of the ground he clearly enjoyed sitting in. Your apparent lack of care is telling as are the comments of 'just move to another part of the ground' says more about your movement than the rest of us. 

I do find the change in tone of your comments interesting, started with wanting atmospheres to be spiteful and intimidating to now caring about someone else's Grandad; hence why some in previous pages have commended your fishing expedition. At the end of the day, whilst I cant speak for the lads, I highly doubt the idea of encouraging the club to facilitate the singing section was to inconvenience an elderly fan. It's an unfortunate consequence which the club have recognised themselves. 

On WYS, that debates been had at length in another thread and people will never agree on that. Personally I'll sing any version that gets fans joining in.

2 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

I do find the change in tone of your comments interesting, started with wanting atmospheres to be spiteful and intimidating to now caring about someone else's Grandad; hence why some in previous pages have commended your fishing expedition. At the end of the day, whilst I cant speak for the lads, I highly doubt the idea of encouraging the club to facilitate the singing section was to inconvenience an elderly fan. It's an unfortunate consequence which the club have recognised themselves. 

On WYS, that debates been had at length in another thread and people will never agree on that. Personally I'll sing any version that gets fans joining in.

My thoughts on atmosphere still remain. Do you honestly think some of the more recent songs actually have a positive effect on the team? As I've said, the Dewsbury Hall song is awful, dull, uninspiring and painful to listen to. As an example 'Get into em, £uck em up' clearly gets the players going. No amount of flag waving, pyro throwing orchastrated sing along compares. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

It'll almost definitely be standing from front to back, which probably encourages others in rows around the area to stand too I'd imagine. 

Is it possible to move to that exact row in SK2, 3 or 4 do you think? The standing will 100% not spread that far this season. 

Edited by walkerleeds

18 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

My thoughts on atmosphere still remain. Do you honestly think some of the more recent songs actually have a positive effect on the team? As I've said, the Dewsbury Hall song is awful, dull, uninspiring and painful to listen to. As an example 'Get into em, £uck em up' clearly gets the players going. No amount of flag waving, pyro throwing orchastrated sing along compares. 

I think all of the songs we have as a fan base get sung and some catch on more than others. Whether it has a positive effect on the team, is a matter of personal opinion that you'd never reach consensus on. 

Orchestrated sing alongs or Singing Sections, do have an impact as alluded to by various interviews done by the Manager & Players. It's a shame it isn't your preference but I'm glad the club are proactively trying to find a solution. 

25 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Yep I'm sure the players are listening to the words and react accordingly.

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

As a few mention above, your safest bet is to get in touch with the club and find some alternative seats that are of similar requirements (e.g. aisle seat, a row or two up/down from an exit etc.). G1 and SK4 are good alternatives or even C2 or A1 for cheaper tickets. I guess it also depends where you park as some of these spots are likely to be even easier to get to/from than SK1.

I currently sit in C2 and park off Narborough Rd, so it's not too far whereas SK1 is another 2/3 min walk round the ground (not a big issue for me though but might make a difference for some, especially if trying to get away swiftly before it gets too busy).

Just now, BigMicky said:

So what's the point in singing songs if the players don't react?? Massive contradiction here. 

Not at all.  Because it shows your support, there's very little chance of players hearing the exact words unless the whole stadium were singing something like YNWA.  The players aren't going to hear a song and say oh right i better react now.

10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Just for you Micky... 

Hope that helps. You're welcome. 

Its still uninspiring, flat and dull. Not to mention really un original. But if you want the Palace 'ultras' model keep on going on the way you are. 

13 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Just for you Micky... 

Hope that helps. You're welcome. 

No, it's dull, uninspiring and hasn't caught on at all, despite all evidence to the contrary, the only things that are good are the things *I* individually like.

2 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Not at all.  Because it shows your support, there's very little chance of players hearing the exact words unless the whole stadium were singing something like YNWA.  The players aren't going to hear a song and say oh right i better react now.

Showing your support doesn't mean it inspires. You claim clappers don't work, that's showing support. 

2 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

No, it's dull, uninspiring and hasn't caught on at all, despite all evidence to the contrary, the only things that are good are the things *I* individually like.

2 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Yep, I'm in that crowd and it's rubbish. Rehashing an oasis song is desperately un original. Dress it up as much as you like. 

Just now, BigMicky said:

So whats the point of singing if it doesn't inspire/uplift? 

Like I have said it shows your support.  Plus i prefer to be involved in an atmosphere rather than sitting in silence.  But I'm not deluded enough to think the players can hear the words and will be listening to them and if they like the words become inspired to play better.