Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SINGING SECTION TRIALS

10 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Its still uninspiring, flat and dull. Not to mention really un original. But if you want the Palace 'ultras' model keep on going on the way you are. 

But you said 'Do you honestly think some of the more recent songs actually have a positive effect on the team?' 

Don't take my word for it. Look who tweeted.. 

6 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

But you said 'Do you honestly think some of the more recent songs actually have a positive effect on the team?' 

Come on now, I'm sure nobody knows what Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall is thinking better than...

er...

*checks notes*

"Big Micky" on Foxestalk.

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Key point = Team, that's collective. 

58 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

It'll almost definitely be standing from front to back, which probably encourages others in rows around the area to stand too I'd imagine. 

Is it possible to move to that exact row in SK2, 3 or 4 do you think? The standing will 100% not spread that far this season. 

Yeah it might be a possibility tbh. It’s sounding more of a safe bet to move so I might actually go down to the ground on Sunday morning, to the ticket office, and get it all sorted.

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

So we know that KDH is inspired by it and as he's part of the team then I'd suggest it's to our advantage to keep singing it. 

There is no mention of it inspiring him in a tweet, and if you belive everything a footballer tweets then I feel for you. He can like it all he wants, he hasn't been quoted as saying it inspires him. So do you think its a song that the rest of the crowd want to join in with? Really gets everyone going and up for the game? 

3 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

There is no mention of it inspiring him in a tweet, and if you belive everything a footballer tweets then I feel for you. He can like it all he wants, he hasn't been quoted as saying it inspires him. So do you think its a song that the rest of the crowd want to join in with? Really gets everyone going and up for the game? 

Would be interested to hear which chants you prefer, seeing as you speak on behalf of all Leicester fans, Mick.

Get into em, f em up (which has been sung in the sections this season by the way), what else? Are all of the chants within your repertoire original and witty REALLY INTIMIDATING?

Edited by Sir Steve Howard

7 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

The kids put a singing emoji with a love heart face. Without actually saying the words I’m pretty sure he likes it. 

By rest of the crowd who do you mean? Because the people who actually do sing in the ground join in with most things, the ones who don’t join in with hardly anything and that includes ‘Leicester Leicester Leicester’.

1 minute ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Would be interested to hear which chants you prefer, seeing as you speak on behalf of all Leicester fans, Mick.

Get into em, f em up (which has been sung in the sections this season by the way), what else? Are all of the chants within your repertoire original and witty REALLY INTIMIDATING?

I don't speak on behalf of any other fan just myself.  

In essence I want teams to be intimidated by our atmosphere not turning up to a show of flags, flat songs that are half heartedly sung and blue pyros. That's what your are currently bringing. As I said its Crystal Palace in a lighter version. 

59 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

No, it's dull, uninspiring and hasn't caught on at all, despite all evidence to the contrary, the only things that are good are the things *I* individually like.

All the evidence to the contrary suggests that the vast majority of fans love clappers and goal music though... but they certainly are not good, and you'd get ostracised from this forum if you admitted to liking either

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

I don't speak on behalf of any other fan just myself.  

In essence I want teams to be intimidated by our atmosphere not turning up to a show of flags, flat songs that are half heartedly sung and blue pyros. That's what your are currently bringing. As I said its Crystal Palace in a lighter version. 

As expected, nothing actually offered other than more moaning. Your earlier remark that an intimidating atmosphere will manifest itself naturally over time when it's been on a steady decline for years is laughable. Clearly just on a wind up and I amongst others have fallen for it hook, line and sinker

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

All the evidence to the contrary suggests that the vast majority of fans love clappers and goal music though... but they certainly are not good, and you'd get ostracised from this forum if you admitted to liking either

vast majority of our fans are complete m0ngs who look like every single item of clothing they've ever bought is from the club shop

Edited by Sir Steve Howard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

But would those same people miss those if they were gone? (I don't know either way)

If the fans aren't singing, the alternative is silence and I've heard myself the KDH Wonderwall song takes off no matter the make up of the crowd, and for the record I can't stand Oasis or Wonderwall.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

vast majority of our fans are complete m0ngs who look like every single item of clothing they've ever bought is from the club shop

Really no need for that.

Edited by Mike the Metal Ed
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Clearly just on a wind up and I amongst others have fallen for it hook, line and sinker

He's one of the most well known wums on here hence why his posts get deleted. Goes back to 2015/2016, was posting the same rubbish all the way back then. 

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

He's one of the most well known wums on here hence why his posts get deleted. Goes back to 2015/2016, was posting the same rubbish all the way back then. 

Don't think he's a WUM, to me he just likes being contrary and not ever admitting being in the wrong - he's not alone around here either...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Don't think he's a WUM, to me he just likes being contrary and not ever admitting being in the wrong - he's not alone around here either...

People don't tend to have dozens of posts deleted just for a differing view.... No posts in 13 months and then comes back when this thread comes around, funny that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

People don't tend to have dozens of posts deleted just for a differing view.... No posts in 13 months and then comes back when this thread comes around, funny that. 

In my experience, I've had bans for repetition often enough, and I'm not a WUM. Perhaps he genuinely feels strongly about this (rightly or wrongly) and little else? More likely a backward-looking 50/60 something if you ask me - a cry for help/attention if you will :) 

• Haha 1

There are 690 odds seats in the section, of which 20-30 odd are current non season ticket holders ie spare and up for grabs as match day tickets.  

So far only 40 people as of lunch time today have relocated, so that will be 60-70 seats available for people to relocate as it stands assuming everyone else has “renewed” but awaiting their new seat. Of course some people could still be pondering what to do, so add another 100 to that number.

I don’t think there will be a mass influx of people into SK1, I think it won’t come as a surprise that people have just renewed. 

Given how cautious the club have been over this it will suit them really well, if you think about it, they have provided a singing section yet it could potentially be the same 80%+ season ticket holders that it always has been. The club can tick the “we have listened to the fans box” 

They can’t guarantee your seat because they are blocking a few rows off at the front of the section. Anyone who has asked to renew will be seated together just not necessarily the exact same row.

39 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

What do you mean by the word m0ng? Presume you are mocking the disabled?

7 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

There are 690 odds seats in the section, of which 20-30 odd are current non season ticket holders ie spare and up for grabs as match day tickets.  

So far only 40 people as of lunch time today have relocated, so that will be 60-70 seats available for people to relocate as it stands assuming everyone else has “renewed” but awaiting their new seat. Of course some people could still be pondering what to do, so add another 100 to that number.

I don’t think there will be a mass influx of people into SK1, I think it won’t come as a surprise that people have just renewed. 

Given how cautious the club have been over this it will suit them really well, if you think about it, they have provided a singing section yet it could potentially be the same 80%+ season ticket holders that it always has been. The club can tick the “we have listened to the fans box” 

They can’t guarantee your seat because they are blocking a few rows off at the front of the section. Anyone who has asked to renew will be seated together just not necessarily the exact same row.

So by that maths and expectation a few more may move just shy of 200 moving into the section. 

Great result the section!