Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SINGING SECTION TRIALS

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

How do you know any of them are affiliated or even linked? They're just people giving it big on twitter as usual. 

Just a scroll through a few timelines and theres retweets, pictures etc. Might be nothing at all to do with them but they aint doing the cause no favours. 

• Haha 1

I don’t think a banner will do much difference, the decision has been made and clearly it’s a mixed reaction. 

What I do think is offensive is some idiot posing with the banner, upside down - he’s such a coward he’s pulled his hood over his head. “Blue mongies blah blah”

I think the term m0ng is disgusting and banded round this site and in general - and as someone who’s son has learning difficulties I dread to think what world he will grow up in - with these people without an ounce of intelligence before opening their mouth. 

Liam McNulty - a well known and loved member of this site and LCFC community who was disabled and autistic, was he a m0ng too? 

Wind your necks in

Edited by Tommy G
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I don’t think a banner will do much difference, the decision has been made and clearly it’s a mixed reaction. 

What I do think is offensive is some idiot posing with the banner, upside down - he’s such a coward he’s pulled his hood over his head. “Blue mongies blah blah”

I think the term disabled is disgusting and banded round this site and in general - and as someone who’s son has learning difficulties I dread to think what world he will grow up in - with these people without an ounce of intelligence before opening their mouth. 

Liam McNulty - a well known and loved member of this site and LCFC community who was disabled and autistic, was he a disabled too? 

Wind your necks in

I think we all know what we mean by it. Clearly the majority of our fans do not have learning difficulties but a lot of them are very stupid.

930F59AD-11DB-4497-B27A-CB258787D222.png

16 minutes ago, Dames said:

Just a scroll through a few timelines and theres retweets, pictures etc. Might be nothing at all to do with them but they aint doing the cause no favours. 

You could give me any point of view that’s shared at least somewhat widely and I’ll find an embarrassing post online that could be used to paint anyone associated to be a tw@t. That’s part of parcel of opinions on the internet, especially football-wise. 

Proof is in the pudding when it comes to the reality on the ground and it seems like lads were being goaded and scapegoated for wanting to get behind the team. Embarrassing behaviour from some far too attached to a plastic seat unfortunately.

Edited by Finnaldo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, K1FOX said:

I think we all know what we mean by it. Clearly the majority of our fans do not have learning difficulties but a lot of them are very stupid.

930F59AD-11DB-4497-B27A-CB258787D222.png

That makes it ok? That’s sorted then. 

9 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I think the term m0ng is disgusting and banded round this site and in general - and as someone who’s son has learning difficulties I dread to think what world he will grow up in - with these people without an ounce of intelligence before opening their mouth. 

Liam McNulty - a well known and loved member of this site and LCFC community who was disabled and autistic, was he a m0ng too? 

Wind your necks in

I'm with you on this mate. I too have a son with profound learning disabilities, and when I see some of the words used offensively on this and other sites I wince. Perhaps I should be thicker skinned. Perhaps we should all be a little more careful with the words we use, even when we're in the heat of the moment

• Like 2

Reading this thread don't really get it.

Sitting in the west stand can't really hear much singing. 

Sounds like a few people having a little game amongst themselves..

Not bothered about singing at football just watching a good team and game.

Good atmospheres are created naturally by events on the field not orchestrated

by social media planning and loud speakers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Harpenden Fox said:

I'm with you on this mate. I too have a son with profound learning disabilities, and when I see some of the words used offensively on this and other sites I wince. Perhaps I should be thicker skinned. Perhaps we should all be a little more careful with the words we use, even when we're in the heat of the moment

Absolutely and I’m normally thick skinned but I don’t think people sometimes have the understanding or impact it can have on people. 

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

Absolutely and I’m normally thick skinned but I don’t think people sometimes have the understanding or impact it can have on people. 

Calling a disabled person a m0ngie and calling the majority of our fan base m0ngies are two very different things.

Let’s focus on what happened today. M0ngies attached to a seat threw their toys out the pram

6 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

You could give me any point of view that’s shared at least somewhat widely and I’ll find an embarrassing post online that could be used to paint anyone associated to be a tw@t. That’s part of parcel of opinions on the internet, especially football-wise. 

Proof is in the pudding when it comes to the reality on the ground and it seems like lads were being goaded and scapegoated for wanting to get behind the team. Embarrassing behaviour from some far too attached to a plastic seat unfortunately.

I mean when people have paid for the same seat through the worst days in the clubs history and are essentially being evicted during some of the best its going to sting and the lack of empathy is whats going to cause issues. 

From what i’ve seen and even hints of it in your post is the overwhelming response to these concerns is that they should get over it, its only a seat, they shouldnt be allowed at games, mongies, nonces and so on. 

I’m in favour or the section but even I can see that the response from the fans that have got their way has not been graceful in the slightest. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

This idea is an absolute disgrace just to accommodate a couple of hundred folk many of whom were not born when I started supporting the Club (1955).

I have no problem with folk singing and chanting and making a racket that's all part and parcel of the game but why on earth haven't the Club suggested an area next to the away fans so they can sing to their hearts content is beyond.

The disgruntlement I heard today and the way this has been handled by the Club is far from satisfactory. Again, it appears to satisfy a minority, the Club are prepared to upset the majority and for what?

Congratulations on being born on an arbitrary date and having so little to worry about, I suppose

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

This idea is an absolute disgrace just to accommodate a couple of hundred folk many of whom were not born when I started supporting the Club (1955).

I have no problem with folk singing and chanting and making a racket that's all part and parcel of the game but why on earth haven't the Club suggested an area next to the away fans so they can sing to their hearts content is beyond.

The disgruntlement I heard today and the way this has been handled by the Club is far from satisfactory. Again, it appears to satisfy a minority, the Club are prepared to upset the majority and for what?

A post for the ages. 

16 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Calling a disabled person a m0ngie and calling the majority of our fan base m0ngies are two very different things.

Let’s focus on what happened today. M0ngies attached to a seat threw their toys out the pram

I’m old enough to know it’s an awful playground slur for relating to Down’s Syndrome. 

• Like 1

Atmosphere today at the beginning of the game was horrible in SK1, people throwing abuse around towards others. What I did manage to grasp is that some individuals haven’t fully understood what is happening and seem to think UFS are having the whole section. Some people who stand and sing around me thought we were all having to relocate and didn’t realise they can stay in the singing section for next season if they choose to do so. If you prefer not to then the club will work to relocate you to a suitable alternative.  Yes I understand some people are upset because they have had the same seat for some time but that is no reason to be abusive. We had a similar problem over in N1 as we eventually had to move 5 years ago because we no longer met the family stand criteria so relocated.

• Like 1