Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SINGING SECTION TRIALS

2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

If the kid that did it was so brazen he should of at least posted it with confidence and not with his hood like Kenny off South Park. 

And who has threatened you? 

It's a large number of different fans who have got their backs up over the years. 

Today was a bloke who felt I was arrogant and asked me to get out of his face. Seemed like a good lad but for me he joins a long list 

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

I don't sit there anyway, but I maintain that you and union fs guys would also be throwing a strop if they couldn't carry on being at games with their mates as well.

I think this would be right if UFS were kicked out of their current position. None of their lads expected the move to happen this season but have embraced it. 

1 minute ago, Jackubu said:

It's a large number of different fans who have got their backs up over the years. 

Today was a bloke who felt I was arrogant and asked me to get out of his face. Seemed like a good lad but for me he joins a long list 

And presume you were completely innocent and not in his face? How is anyone in a situation where they are getting in the faces of their own fans? Curious 

27 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

I never received an email regarding any singing section and I now sit inside of it.

You should have received an email with a survey which was about how fans felt about the singing section and whether you think a permanent singing section was a good idea.  According to the club they sent about 28000 of these surveys out by email. In all there were about 1700 responded to it. From that base, the club felt that most fans thought it was a good idea to make it permanent.  Personally I told them that I thought they would be better to wait until the new stand had been built and then look at it again, but clearly the club felt differently 

2 hours ago, lcfcben76 said:

Was quite staggered the amount of moaners there was today thinking about it. Someone also said to me that they’d been sitting there for 3 years and used that as part of their argument. 

so basically, you knew that’s where the atmosphere was, moved there, don’t make a noise and then moan when others try to create an atmosphere

I was quite surprised at the moans I heard today too! Some people were and are pretty bitter about it!!

I 100% backed a singing section in the stadium through the survey and fully understood that might mean I have to move out of SK1 as I go with my old man who will struggle with standing, but it’s all for the greater good. Genuinely surprised how sentimental some appear to be about the blue seat they sit or stand next to 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

You should have received an email with a survey which was about how fans felt about the singing section and whether you think a permanent singing section was a good idea.  According to the club they sent about 28000 of these surveys out by email. In all there were about 1700 responded to it. From that base, the club felt that most fans thought it was a good idea to make it permanent.  Personally I told them that I thought they would be better to wait until the new stand had been built and then look at it again, but clearly the club felt differently 

Surely a better option would be to invite people from SK1 to a meeting to see what their opinion is on a singing section instead of putting all hopes on an email that had been sent to all homes fans, all over the ground, to decide what should happen within SK1.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

And presume you were completely innocent and not in his face? How is anyone in a situation where they are getting in the faces of their own fans? Curious 

I reacted to the initial engagement which is partly relevant, I was still asked by said fan to move out of his face "or else". If it was the other way round, there'd be a hunting group to cripple anything. Interesting to see the hesitance the other way round 

6 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

To be fair I think it's a leicester thing. I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen city fans fighting with other city fans over the years. I remember back in the 80s  a brawl on the train to luton on the way to the game between city fans. Also at Cardiff, and at Southend.  In the 70s the different council estates used to be fighting in the kop. It's gone on  for years 

7 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

I was quite surprised at the moans I heard today too! Some people were and are pretty bitter about it!!

I 100% backed a singing section in the stadium through the survey and fully understood that might mean I have to move out of SK1 as I go with my old man who will struggle with standing, but it’s all for the greater good. Genuinely surprised how sentimental some appear to be about the blue seat they sit or stand next to 🤷🏻‍♂️

Some people are happy with their routine, sit next to friendly folk and they’ve probably sat in their SK1 seat for 20 years. Being told they will have to move or risk being in an environment where they have no choice to stand all game, with the risk of losing their seat anyway, is a shit way the club have handled it.

It’s not about creating atmosphere. It’s the way the club have handled it that’s the problem.

Can we move on now and lock the thread?

Edited by buzzer_b
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Surely a better option would be to invite people from SK1 to a meeting to see what their opinion is on a singing section instead of putting all hopes on an email that had been sent to all homes fans, all over the ground, to decide what should happen within SK1.

Basically what the club have done ohe the past 3 months then. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Hmm, well probably, but I think they would say that everyone were all sent the email and had their chance to pit their view.  When they broke down the results from the survey, they did separate the views into 3 categories, one of which was for the people who had responded who currently sat in that area 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Some people are happy with their routine, sit next to friendly folk and they’ve probably sat in their SK1 seat for 20 years. Being told they will have to move or risk being in an environment where they have no choice to stand all game, with the risk of losing their seat anyway, is a shit way the club have handled it.

It’s not about creating atmosphere. It’s the way the club have handled it that’s the problem.

Can we move on now and lock the thread?

Yeah I get that, like I said, I’m one of the ones “impacted” and will be moving seats. The relocation period is currently limited to SK1 seats moving elsewhere so there’s opportunity to move with those close to you.

I do agree it could have been handled better by the club, but there were always going to be some upset supporters however the move happened.

• Like 2

Just now, Jackubu said:

I'd encourage you to check your emails then. Sorry you missed out but hope next season we're able to enjoy success. 

I have checked my emails. But even if I would of responded to it, I doubt for one second it would of made much difference to the outcome.

4 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

I have checked my emails. But even if I would of responded to it, I doubt for one second it would of made much difference to the outcome.

I guess that's a matter of opinion, I spent 8 years+ going to every fan meeting I could possibly get involved in. Whilst I have many critiques of the club, their fan engagement here has been good.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

The club looked at all the responses to the survey and recorded them depending on whether you had purchased a ticket in the singing section trials, would usually sit in that area but didn’t buy ticket in there or sat in another area of ground etc etc. As part of our response to the survey we were then invited to join an online meeting to discuss the results. Unfortunately I couldn’t join the meeting due to a work commitment so don’t know how the discussions went. 

6 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

If enough people had an issue with it then it would have made a difference. Issue here has been those who are now complaining either didn’t bother to reply or have now decided they want to kick off anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

I guess that's a matter of opinion, I spent 8 years+ going to every fan meeting I could possibly get involved in. Whilst I have many critiques of the club, their fan engagement here has been good.

Tbh I’ve never really been in a position to need to go to a fan meeting. My match day experience since being a ST holder has always been a reasonable enjoyable one. Just with this going on and my situation, it’s a bit of a nightmare but it will get resolved, I’ll find another seat and hopefully the atmosphere next season will be better than this years.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

If enough people had an issue with it then it would have made a difference. Issue here has been those who are now complaining either didn’t bother to reply or have now decided they want to kick off anyway.

Tbh they probably didn’t realise what the club had in proposal in the first place. If they had known that it was about the singing section in their area where they say then the email would have got their attention more. Who knows.

2 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

They should look happy and not be such geriatric moaning sods for being unceremoniously booted out of their seats after 20 years

Anyone over 50 should be culled, they have no place at the Fortress King Power

I had genuine sympathy for people who are being inconvenienced by this but after being in SK1 and seeing the vile and quite frankly pathetic behaviour of a number of people towards Union FS, I have lost a lot of sympathy. 

• Like 3