Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SINGING SECTION TRIALS

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Do you have an emotional attachment to your seat? Why wouldn't you move to an equally good seat if it helps the majority create an atmosphere? My season ticket isn't in SK1 but I'd be more than happy to relocate if it assisted the club and team. 

I like sitting where I'm sitting, and don't think I should be turfed out. Pretty simple - each to their own opinions. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I like sitting where I'm sitting, and don't think I should be turfed out. Pretty simple - each to their own opinions. 

But presumably you're happy for others to be moved? 

15 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Of course we all have every right to our own opinions. However, it's not a massive ask for the greater good, is it? We've all seen the advantage a team has when they have a passionate crowd behind them. Surely you want that? Your suggestion of providing a singing section next to the away fans is most likely a non-starter for the reasons already discussed in this thread. However, perhaps you want to be a part of this area and contribute towards raising the atmosphere? That would be great :thumbup:

12 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Do you have an emotional attachment to your seat? Why wouldn't you move to an equally good seat if it helps the majority create an atmosphere? My season ticket isn't in SK1 but I'd be more than happy to relocate if it assisted the club and team. 

Some people like the seat they sit in because they've been there a long time and have got know the people around them, to varying degrees over a period of time. It's all part of their particular match day experience. Also, it's hardly helping the 'majority' create an atmosphere either is it because the majority don't sing anyway do they! In fact I don't think most people give a toss quite frankly. 

Therefore it's the minority who should fit in if possible, wherever that may be, with as little amount of disruption as possible. After all, the odd timid, unimaginative and very repetitive song or claims about Soyuncu's cock is hardly worth it.

Atmosphere is arguably largely dictated by the on field activities and this seasons efforts have been so dull and boring I'm surprised anyone's still awake to sing at times. Different people like their football in different ways and times change, sometimes that may be determined by age and sometimes orchestrated by clubs in order to create different experiences at grounds to those from the past, some of which I like some I don't. I for example like and support the idea of a standing section but would never be able to have my season ticket there personally as I have back issues. Doesn't mean I don't want other supporters to have that experience though should they want to. Like a lot of things in life, there's probably a silent majority who are quite happy but a more understandably vociferous minority who want change.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The angle of the ground is designed such that with people of all shapes, ages and sizes sitting they can see.

The ground enjoys crowds all ethnicities of children, genders and ages through to very senior

I'm 6ft 5 and sit (as not selfish) towards the of SK1 by the *1884 lads (*I believe)

There seems to be a lot of vented bitterness on SM aimed at those who out of choice or through physicality are unable a stand for two hours and most references are ageist sadly.

1884 group is surely celebrating the longevity of the club and its roots? but those who have seen more of this journey than some are miserable old basttards who should stand or move?

The singing section IS already next to the away supporters, you can't hear the SK1 group barely outside of SK1. Opposition supporters bat off each other, always have inc when i was in Pen 1 and 2 in the days before I sadly aged (whats the alternative to aging?) an era acknowledged in some of the songs albeit not ideal with families now (''You'll get you fuucking head kicked in....'' is about as creditworthy inappropriate as ''OOoo OOo Daniel Amartey OOoo OOoo is our fuccking centre back''  sing along kids and Mum?)

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Some people like the seat they sit in because they've been there a long time and have got know the people around them, to varying degrees over a period of time. It's all part of their particular match day experience. Also, it's hardly helping the majority create an atmosphere is it because the majority don't sing anyway do they! In fact I don't think most people give a toss quite frankly. 

Therefore it's the minority who should fit in if possible wherever that may be with as little amount of disruption as possible. After all, the odd timid, unimaginative and very repetitive song or claims about Soyuncu's cock is hardly worth it.

Atmosphere is arguably largely dictated by the on field activities and this seasons efforts have been so dull and boring I'm surprised anyone's still awake to sing at times. Different people like their football in different ways and times change, sometimes that may be determined by age and sometimes orchestrated by clubs in order to create different experiences at grounds to those from the past, some of which I like some I don't. I for example like and support the idea of a standing section but would never be able to have my season ticket there personally as I have back issues. Doesn't mean I don't want other supporters to have that experience though should they want to. Like a lot of things in life, there's probably a silent majority who are quite happy but a more understandably vociferous minority who want change.

Intelligent and well written.

The club are obviously extending offer a different/ alternative standing and singing about cock section.

Seems to make more sense rather that trying to break up friendships and game routines of established supporters 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

The club are obviously extending offer a different/ alternative standing and singing about cock section.

Seems to make more sense rather that trying to break up friendships and game routines of established supporters 

I think you'll be surprised. 

Just clicked on the link to do the survey, only to find out it's already ended.  Annoying that they didn't mention on the email that we only had about 3 days to do it. These things usually last for at least a few weeks.

16 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

But presumably you're happy for others to be moved? 

I don't really care? I've just said I'm not supporting it in SK1 when at the moment it isn't the majority, there are about 80 people at the top who want to try and dictate what everyone else does.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Of course we all have every right to our own opinions. However, it's not a massive ask for the greater good, is it? We've all seen the advantage a team has when they have a passionate crowd behind them. Surely you want that? Your suggestion of providing a singing section next to the away fans is most likely a non-starter for the reasons already discussed in this thread. However, perhaps you want to be a part of this area and contribute towards raising the atmosphere? That would be great :thumbup:

For the greater good? What do you mean by that. There already is a much bigger signing section right next to the away fans now, why don't the small minority who want SK1 to be a signing section relocate to L1 next season? Off their own back. Plenty of people contribute to the atmosphere in their own way, but if it's not exactly aligned with singing, standing and waving a flag for 90 mins its frowned upon.  

10 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I don't really care? I've just said I'm not supporting it in SK1 when at the moment it isn't the majority, there are about 80 people at the top who want to try and dictate what everyone else does.

The survey results tell a very different story.

14 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

The survey results tell a very different story.

I think what you will end up with is SK1, or parts of it, as a dedicated singing section but it will be all the same fans there from previous seasons and nothing will actually change

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I think what you will end up with is SK1, or parts of it, as a dedicated singing section but it will be all the same fans there from previous seasons and nothing will actually change

I think you are projecting what you'd like to happen, unfortunately for you the hundreds of people who sold out the singing sections this season think differently. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

For the greater good? What do you mean by that. There already is a much bigger signing section right next to the away fans now, why don't the small minority who want SK1 to be a signing section relocate to L1 next season? Off their own back. Plenty of people contribute to the atmosphere in their own way, but if it's not exactly aligned with singing, standing and waving a flag for 90 mins its frowned upon.  

I think you've mentioned minority in 3 or 4 different ways in this thread, whereas you're probably in the minority of people who have a emotional attachment to your seat. Understand people not wanting to join in with what those guys do but contributing to the atmosphere without singing, standing or waving a flag isnt really contributing to an atmosphere. 

• Like 1

On 10/05/2022 at 00:03, RonnieTodger said:

Isn’t L1 already supposed to be a “singing section?” Hundreds stood up with the freedom to do and sing what they want. Yet the atmosphere there has been crap this season. 

The Kop by its very name should be one too. It was great for Rennes/Roma.

The kop is dead 

moved from there to k1 few season backs. Never looked back. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Why do you think that is? Maybe because other people cannot get into SK1 as there are next to no empty seats?

Did you go to any of the European home games in particular Rennes and Roma? Some of the first seats to sell out were in the dedicated singing section.

You are entitled to not join in with that of course but the club will need to "reserve" a certain section in the ground for likeminded fans to gather. Unfortunately we aren't moving ground or building new stands just to accommodate. If that means some people have to be inconvenienced to move seat, then that is the way it is. It's hard for the club to find a less populated section as a lot are taken up by STH's. SK1 and G1 corner is possibly the least populated/already filled with those interested in a singing section.

I hope the club follow through with a dedicated section for the whole season because the atmosphere has been pretty awful bar the odd big game. And it does affect what happens on the pitch.

What I'm tring to say is, the club could possibly say SK1 rows xx to xx next season are for our new dedictaed singing section etc etc. And the majority of people who are there currrently just renew anyway, what are they going to do, throw people out if they aren't singing all game? The stewards are already heavy handed there - its ridiculous, you can't even get up the stairs without showing your season ticket now. The stewarding will just get even worse next season

Shouldn't the club be looking at ways to get the whole ground singing etc not just one area. The loyal/great supporters in the top of SK1 were also the same ones standing at the end of the recent Everton game giving the players the finger and booing as the match finished. Now that's loyal supporters supporting the team through thick and thin!🤣🤦‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

What I'm tring to say is, the club could possibly say SK1 rows xx to xx next season are for our new dedictaed singing section etc etc. And the majority of people who are there currrently just renew anyway, what are they going to do, throw people out if they aren't singing all game? The stewards are already heavy handed there - its ridiculous, you can't even get up the stairs without showing your season ticket now. The stewarding will just get even worse next season

The only way is to completely clear a section and enforce relocation. Let people move into the singing section by relocating from elsewhere, then give those people who no longer want to be in that dedicated section the option to relocate to any vacated seats and other available empties before newbies can buy.

It'll no doubt not be ideal for everyone but there will always be someone annoyed, cannot be avoided. You could give people an option to stay in their current seat if they want to be part of a singing section but that could just result in refusal to move. So it might have to be the take no prisoners approach (as harsh as that might sound). There will be more than a quarter of the ground available for relocation, so there should be plenty of seats available of good standard (and let people move in their groups if they currently like who they sit with). My current seat (and that of my dad and my mate) are very good, next to the exit, 10 rows up, corner flag. However, I would happily give that up to move into a singing section.

In regard to view of the action, there really aren't any bad seats (other than right behind the goal in the first few rows). It's a tough call from the club but in my eyes, going to a football match should be about getting behind the team and if a section can improve the matchday experience, then it is something that has to be done. If this stadium expansion is ever happening, then it might also benefit season ticket/matchday ticket sales. I doubt they would get sellout crowds if there is no atmosphere. A lot of current season ticket holders would then also not renew (especially with a cost increase).

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lcfclcfc1 said:

Shouldn't the club be looking at ways to get the whole ground singing etc not just one area. The loyal/great supporters in the top of SK1 were also the same ones standing at the end of the recent Everton game giving the players the finger and booing as the match finished. Now that's loyal supporters supporting the team through thick and thin!🤣🤦‍♂️

That is a hopeless task. The demographic of a Leicester game does not have 30,000 people wanting to create an atmosphere. However, having likeminded fans in one area massively helps pull in one direction. And maybe it will get other fans around the ground to join in if they can hear chants clearly. UFS are doing good in SK1 but unfortunately, being in a small group, it is impossible to get going unless those immediately around them get involved, which let's face it, happens very rarely.

• Like 4