Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SINGING SECTION TRIALS

50 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The only way is to completely clear a section and enforce relocation. Let people move into the singing section by relocating from elsewhere, then give those people who no longer want to be in that dedicated section the option to relocate to any vacated seats and other available empties before newbies can buy.

It'll no doubt not be ideal for everyone but there will always be someone annoyed, cannot be avoided. You could give people an option to stay in their current seat if they want to be part of a singing section but that could just result in refusal to move. So it might have to be the take no prisoners approach (as harsh as that might sound). There will be more than a quarter of the ground available for relocation, so there should be plenty of seats available of good standard (and let people move in their groups if they currently like who they sit with). My current seat (and that of my dad and my mate) are very good, next to the exit, 10 rows up, corner flag. However, I would happily give that up to move into a singing section.

In regard to view of the action, there really aren't any bad seats (other than right behind the goal in the first few rows). It's a tough call from the club but in my eyes, going to a football match should be about getting behind the team and if a section can improve the matchday experience, then it is something that has to be done. If this stadium expansion is ever happening, then it might also benefit season ticket/matchday ticket sales. I doubt they would get sellout crowds if there is no atmosphere. A lot of current season ticket holders would then also not renew (especially with a cost increase).

Sorry I don't think you are understanding. 

How do you mean enforce relocation, under what grounds? Are you suggesting that area is a match day ticket location only, what about existing season ticket holders? 

My point is - LCFC can wrap it up in a pretty bow and say this area xx is a singing location but i think the majority of season ticket holders in that are will just renew anyway? Whatever its called or labelled as

33 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

there is a lot of tears in this thread about singing in a particular section. 

Half the people who were in the "dedicated" singing section in the last few European games didn't even join in a lot of the time. 

it was mainly the wanna be ultras at the front jumping about thinking they are Galatasaray  

This is a concern, the club finally listen and give the fans what they want, and we get a load of fans just standing in silence.  Which seems to happen at other grounds.  But I guess we'll see, and there's not much we can do about it anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The only way is to completely clear a section and enforce relocation. Let people move into the singing section by relocating from elsewhere, then give those people who no longer want to be in that dedicated section the option to relocate to any vacated seats and other available empties before newbies can buy.

It'll no doubt not be ideal for everyone but there will always be someone annoyed, cannot be avoided. You could give people an option to stay in their current seat if they want to be part of a singing section but that could just result in refusal to move. So it might have to be the take no prisoners approach (as harsh as that might sound). There will be more than a quarter of the ground available for relocation, so there should be plenty of seats available of good standard (and let people move in their groups if they currently like who they sit with). My current seat (and that of my dad and my mate) are very good, next to the exit, 10 rows up, corner flag. However, I would happily give that up to move into a singing section.

In regard to view of the action, there really aren't any bad seats (other than right behind the goal in the first few rows). It's a tough call from the club but in my eyes, going to a football match should be about getting behind the team and if a section can improve the matchday experience, then it is something that has to be done. If this stadium expansion is ever happening, then it might also benefit season ticket/matchday ticket sales. I doubt they would get sellout crowds if there is no atmosphere. A lot of current season ticket holders would then also not renew (especially with a cost increase).

Where this is all coming from is that a group have decided they want a singing section, fair play, i suspect that group can't get tickets where it should be, L1, so they have to make do with other areas of the ground and consequently unseat other fans which is going to be a struggle and piss some fans off. At a guess i'd say there's 20-30 singers at the back of SK1 who are driving all this singing section stuff, as i see it  the solution is for the club to make 30 seats available at the back of L1, which is supposed to be a singing section where fans are tolerated standing up, but apparently over the years has turned into a coke and stone island fest, surely there must be 30 empty seats in the whole of that section that the club can re-arange. Maybe it might re vitalise L1 so there wouldn't be a need to move other fans around.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kent-Fox said:

The kop is dead 

moved from there to k1 few season backs. Never looked back. 

I moved to L1 three years ago and it’s been getting gradually worse. 

The Kop is dead, that’s why the singing section is such a good idea. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

Forcing people to move sounds like a pretty crap idea... can't this be tied in with the stadium expansion, where the seats are effectively unassigned anyway?

Forcing people to move is okay if they can fill the seats week in week out. 

15 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Where this is all coming from is that a group have decided they want a singing section, fair play, i suspect that group can't get tickets where it should be, L1, so they have to make do with other areas of the ground and consequently unseat other fans which is going to be a struggle and piss some fans off. At a guess i'd say there's 20-30 singers at the back of SK1 who are driving all this singing section stuff, as i see it  the solution is for the club to make 30 seats available at the back of L1, which is supposed to be a singing section where fans are tolerated standing up, but apparently over the years has turned into a coke and stone island fest, surely there must be 30 empty seats in the whole of that section that the club can re-arange. Maybe it might re vitalise L1 so there wouldn't be a need to move other fans around.

You’ve got absolutely no chance of that happening. It’s the only block in the ground that’s season ticket holders only. The singing section is best where it’s at. I also believe the majority, if not all of the people championing the singing section don’t want it being located there. I’m sure if this goes ahead the club will look at locating it where the least upset will be caused. You’re never going to make everyone happy and certainly not in todays world.  

Edited by Bert
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

You’ve got absolutely no chance of that happening. It’s the only block in the ground that’s season ticket holders only. The singing section is best where it’s at. I also believe the majority, if not all of the people championing the singing section don’t want it being located there. I’m sure if this goes ahead the club will look at locating it where the least upset will be caused. You’re never going to make everyone happy and certainly not in todays world.  

Where do you sit out of interest.

20 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Forcing people to move is okay if they can fill the seats week in week out. 

That may be your opinion but I'm sure it's not the opinion of everyone who will be turfed out of their seat (which they may have been in for 20 seasons!)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

What happens if the club don't allow renewals? Just throwing it out there. At the end of the day, it's a business. They will make more money in the event if they did.

Relocations/new season ticket holders are at a higher price. Those ST who want to maintain a season ticket get moved into a more expensive ground - satisfy them with a price freeze in the immediate and then season after higher prices. 

lol - ahh that's the set of people who've made the only and I mean only LCFC 'public' message about Frank O' Farrell. Alongside numerous other historical references. To top it off, have two very public drives annually for great causes. They aren't the people who have been throwing themselves into the away end when Napoli visit. 

That's not all that uncommon though within those areas of the ground across the country and the continent. You'll have a core who will go at it for 90 mins. Then you'll have another set what do it partly but they can get going. Those that want to be near it. Then it organically grows. 

I agree but the difference is that on the continent its usually an entire end given to those fans, so some not participating isn't a big deal, I doubt the club will give us a whole end....but you never know.:)

29 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

You are pretty far from reality. As above posters have said, there has been huge demand for the singing section. I sit in C2 but would happily move wherever for this. I am not bound to the plastic chair I sit in, I want to support the team I love as best as possible.

There are 6,000 or so empty seats but not in one big section. Moving 100-200 people but in turn allowing 1,000ish into a dedicated singing section is a small price to pay. And those saying wait for the expansion, no chance. Most of those seats will be corporate and not in a location where a singing section would thrive.

Just now, purpleronnie said:

I agree but the difference is that on the continent its usually an entire end given to those fans, so some not participating isn't a big deal, I doubt the club will give us a whole end....but you never know.:)

And it evolved naturally over years, just a different culture. British fans have it in them to be loud, seen plenty of times but something just doesn't come together on matchdays. In general, English atmospheres are terrible with the odd exception.

3 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

You are pretty far from reality. As above posters have said, there has been huge demand for the singing section. I sit in C2 but would happily move wherever for this. I am not bound to the plastic chair I sit in, I want to support the team I love as best as possible.

There are 6,000 or so empty seats but not in one big section. Moving 100-200 people but in turn allowing 1,000ish into a dedicated singing section is a small price to pay. And those saying wait for the expansion, no chance. Most of those seats will be corporate and not in a location where a singing section would thrive.

Where did you get this information from?

The extension is being built on the East Stand and so I find this hard to believe

2 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

Where did you get this information from?

The extension is being built on the East Stand and so I find this hard to believe

The drawings from the planning permission show significant sections of 'VIP seating' and corporate boxes 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

2 hours ago, Houdini Logic said:

Forcing people to move sounds like a pretty crap idea... can't this be tied in with the stadium expansion, where the seats are effectively unassigned anyway?

I'm sure the club can do something to soften the blow for those who are currently in those places but don't want to be part of the singing section. Just a few ideas of the top of my head... A typically more expensive seat with a better view for the same prize as their current season ticket place, a stadium tour, vouchers in the club shop etc. 

2 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

there is a lot of tears in this thread about singing in a particular section. 

Half the people who were in the "dedicated" singing section in the last few European games didn't even join in a lot of the time. 

it was mainly the wanna be ultras at the front jumping about thinking they are Galatasaray  

Next you'll be saying they're all immature teenagers lol

13 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I'm sure the club can do something to soften the blow for those who are currently in those places but don't want to be part of the singing section. Just a few ideas of the top of my head... A typically more expensive seat with a better view for the same prize as their current season ticket place, a stadium tour, vouchers in the club shop etc. 

I currently sit in L with members of my family around me and I talk to most of the people in the few rows above and below me... it's part of why I look forward to going (let's be honest, it's not because of the football at the minute). I'd find being asked to move with the compensation of a 'better' seat, a tour or vouchers an insult. Maybe other people wouldn't and that's fine. But on the whole I personally think that line of thinking is naive.

I'm not saying this to be difficult. I think the idea of a singing section in a stadium is a great idea - but you need to be able to look at this objectively from all sides and come up with a proposal with merit. This includes thinking through your proposal from the perspective of ALL supporters and also from the perspective of the club (e.g. who would lose revenue on these 'better' seats or have to pay for the vouchers/tours or risk losing renewals completely with this approach).

That's why to me it's a no brainer that this should be in the expanded stadium. On the face of it that seems to work for all parties involved - I can't really think of a downside from anyone's perspective. 

• Like 1