Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SINGING SECTION TRIALS

1 minute ago, Houdini Logic said:

I currently sit in L with members of my family around me and I talk to most of the people in the few rows above and below me... it's part of why I look forward to going (let's be honest, it's not because of the football at the minute). I'd find being asked to move with the compensation of a 'better' seat, a tour or vouchers an insult. Maybe other people wouldn't and that's fine. But on the whole I personally think that line of thinking is naive.

I'm not saying this to be difficult. I think the idea of a singing section in a stadium is a great idea - but you need to be able to look at this objectively from all sides and come up with a proposal with merit. This includes thinking through your proposal from the perspective of ALL supporters and also from the perspective of the club (e.g. who would lose revenue on these 'better' seats or have to pay for the vouchers/tours or risk losing renewals completely with this approach).

That's why to me it's a no brainer that this should be in the expanded stadium. On the face of it that seems to work for all parties involved - I can't really think of a downside from anyone's perspective. 

Believe me this is something that has really been looked into and passed over to the club.

1 hour ago, Houdini Logic said:

I currently sit in L with members of my family around me and I talk to most of the people in the few rows above and below me... it's part of why I look forward to going (let's be honest, it's not because of the football at the minute). I'd find being asked to move with the compensation of a 'better' seat, a tour or vouchers an insult. Maybe other people wouldn't and that's fine. But on the whole I personally think that line of thinking is naive.

I'm not saying this to be difficult. I think the idea of a singing section in a stadium is a great idea - but you need to be able to look at this objectively from all sides and come up with a proposal with merit. This includes thinking through your proposal from the perspective of ALL supporters and also from the perspective of the club (e.g. who would lose revenue on these 'better' seats or have to pay for the vouchers/tours or risk losing renewals completely with this approach).

That's why to me it's a no brainer that this should be in the expanded stadium. On the face of it that seems to work for all parties involved - I can't really think of a downside from anyone's perspective. 

To be fair, I was trying to look at this from another viewpoint and that's why I thought it would be nice of the club to offer some sort of compensation rather than just telling people to sling their hook for the reasons you have mentioned. 

1 hour ago, Houdini Logic said:

Spot on. 

I think the club will see sense here and do it again for all cup games next season. Then when the expansion arrives sort it then. 

The club can leg it if they want to give me vouchers to move. Or I’ll just renew at a higher price, not about the money. In a cost of living crisis the club will need to be very careful how they do this, if they are going to do anything at all.

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Spot on. 

I think the club will see sense here and do it again for all cup games next season. Then when the expansion arrives sort it then. 

The club can leg it if they want to give me vouchers to move. Or I’ll just renew at a higher price, not about the money. In a cost of living crisis the club will need to be very careful how they do this, if they are going to do anything at all.

So you’ll purposely not move seat meaning you’d be in a seat where everyone around you will be standing for every game just to spite the club 🤣

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’ll say it as I might as well, fairly sure you’ve defended the club on plenty of objections from others. Now it’s potentially affected you, you’ve used the same objection that some of us have had, ie. Cost of living rise 

:appl::appl::appl::appl:

8 hours ago, Tommy G said:

I don't really care? I've just said I'm not supporting it in SK1 when at the moment it isn't the majority, there are about 80 people at the top who want to try and dictate what everyone else does.

It's far from about 80 people lol The singing sections have seen hundreds of tickets sold! I'm not sure what you mean by dictating either, the people who have bought tickets in the singing section have done so through choice, it's clearly what they want. 

I've seen further down you've also said that existing ST holders in a future singing section might want to renew in the same block, that would be great as long as they are not going to complain when all around them are standing :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Would you be prepared to relocate to accomodate a singing section next to the away fans?

I’d be prepared to relocate to wherever the singing section is if the people I went with did too. 

8 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Spot on. 

Not being funny but upsetting 50-100 people isn’t really going to worry the club? If them people don’t renew the ST will be snapped up either way. 

10 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

Seriously, what on earth are you basing this on? 

To be fair, the fact that they have trialed the singing section, suggests that they have  been listened too. I wouldn`t say they hold any sway though, as such, although i think it`s fair to say that it`s primarily the Union FS that have driven the idea of the singing section, and the club seem to be on board as far as we can tell, so there may be some influence at hand maybe.

I have to say trying to look at both points of view, it does seem wrong to just kick people out of their seats, some who have possibly been there since the ground opened. The idea of giving them a free gift voucher for the club shop, or a freeze on one seasons price if they have to move to a more expensive seat, is really quite patronising. So basically they get one season at a cheaper price, and then the rest of their City attending life paying more than they would every year if they hadn`t been moved.  How is that an incentive. Then there may be a group that sit together, who if moved can`t find enough seats together, i`ve no idea if thats a thing, but maybe a possibility.  To be honest i think it would be far better to wait until the ground extension, and also hopefully some safe standing area, because the likelyhood is, that those that want to sing will want to go in that area anyway, and those that dont wont.

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, K1FOX said:

Not being funny but upsetting 50-100 people isn’t really going to worry the club? If them people don’t renew the ST will be snapped up either way. 

I`m sure they will, but what you are basically saying to those people, is we the Union FS want your seats, so move or don`t renew, it`s up to you, we don`t care because you`re not a fan because you don`t sing all through the game, and we are the true fans because we do, and we should have what we want.

That statement is a disgrace, but what you have just said in your post actually comes across as that, like they can move or do one, because we want their seats, regardless of what they wish to do.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

It's far from about 80 people lol The singing sections have seen hundreds of tickets sold! I'm not sure what you mean by dictating either, the people who have bought tickets in the singing section have done so through choice, it's clearly what they want. 

I've seen further down you've also said that existing ST holders in a future singing section might want to renew in the same block, that would be great as long as they are not going to complain when all around them are standing :)

You say that, but if someone has a ticket, and can`t see because they want to stay seated, then they will be within their rights to go to a steward and tell them, and those blocking the view will be told to sit down or be chucked out, because legally they shouldnt be standing.  One of the reasons the Union FS went to the back, is so they could stand without interfering with anyone elses view.

9 hours ago, Lcfc098 said:

So you’ll purposely not move seat meaning you’d be in a seat where everyone around you will be standing for every game just to spite the club 🤣

To be fair, he wont be doing it to spite the club, he will be doing it because that is the seat he currently has and wants to keep.   Also, lets not kid ourselves, this is being driven by the Union FS lot, not really the club.  The club are just taking note of what they want. 

In regards  to him being in a seat where everyone is standing around him, as i have mentioned elsewhere, not everyone around him will be able to stand if he wishes to remain seated. All he has to do, is inform the stewards of those that are blocking his view, and they will be made to sit down or be chucked out, as it`s still actually illegal to stand in a stadium, that isnt safe standing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bert said:

I’d be prepared to relocate to wherever the singing section is if the people I went with did too. 

But how would you feel Bert if you were MADE to move and the only seats available for you to sit together were the back rows of SK4?

49 minutes ago, MiDuck55 said:

But how would you feel Bert if you were MADE to move and the only seats available for you to sit together were the back rows of SK4?

Well I’m at the back in L1. So that wouldn’t bother me. But I get your point - I wouldn’t be happy about it of course, but imagine I wouldn’t be told where I have to move and would probably just join the singing section anyway if that was the case. 

On 09/05/2022 at 19:41, SystonFox said:

Bin clappers

get rail standing 

get jersey bud on week in week out

rename the kop the family stand

rename the family stand the kop

flip the ground 180

problems solved

oh and make tickets £14.50 including booking fees and taxes 

.. surely if you change the names of the stands and then turn the ground 180 degrees, then you would be back you started, nothing would have changed!!!

• Haha 1